SRC RPK

rwham

Does anyone know anything about the SRC RPK? I was searching for "Airsoft RPK" and came across this:http://www.blazingtoys.com/products/btsdge0605.html

I have never heard of blazingtoys, and assume it is very overpricred, but, if what they say is true, I might be interested.

EDIT2: The site really doesn't sound at all reputable. The text at the bottom made me laugh: "Common misconceptions about airsoft are that they are BB guns, pellet guns, or regular airguns, when indeed, they are not. Airsoft is in a category, and industry, all unto itself. Common spellings of airsoft are air soft, aresoft, and arsoft. These products are also referred to as softair, BB guns, electric guns and rifles, or gas pistols"

For those of you too lazy to click the link, here is some info and pics:

- M110 Spring

- Metal Gearbox with Steel Gears and Bushings

- Metal Adjustable Hop Up Unit

- All Metal Receiver, Full Metal Construction

- REAL WOOD Grips

- Ultra High Torque Motor

- 100% Tokyo Marui compatible

- Two (2) Magazines, a 600 Round Hi-Cap and a 3000 Round Drum Mag

- Metal Adjustable Sight

- Fires BB's at 330-350 FPS with .20g BB's.

A whopping $365 for an SRC.

srcrpkpe4.jpg

EDIT: Does that wood look real to you? :unsure:

I talked about it in this thread

And no, they are not real wood grips unless they put on aftermarket ones.

What I was wondering about is that the site says it is a "version 2" that has "been improved drastically" or something like that. Could be that they did some crappy upgrades and jacked up the price a ton.

No, the AK's are part of SRC's line of guns that have their "Version 2" gears that don't self distruct like the orrigonal ones did. Problem is that the SRC RPK is a pile of scrap. While it runs, it runs quite poorly. And to be honest SRC is on their 3rd gen of guns now that include steel spur and bevel gears and REALY high tourque motor.

Oh, and that's about $75 more than we where charging for ours.

Oh, you mean the thread you came in and pooped all over and made yourself look like a complete asshat in? Yes, I recall my review thread quite well. Check it out in the "readers reviews" section since I'm too lazy to post a link. Out of the box it is awesome externally, but performance leaves quite a bit to be expected (i.e. it sucked). Stick a few upgrades in there though and you get a very nicely performing AEG.

which I already said I came off too harsh, but it still doesn't change the fact that the SRC RPK still needs internal work, which is time consuming and frustrating for those who just want something that will work. I anticipate that you'll talk about how the inokatsu or Guarder kits still require assembly, but that's putting a kit together, much easier than having to overhaul a gearbox.

Archived