Pictures of your gear V3.0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rearranged my gear for an upcoming MOUT style game, and upcoming CQB game..hope this setup works better. I swapped the utility pouch and triple mag pouch, so now I can get to 6 out of 8 mags with my left hand. Swapping legs on the dropleg holster, the larger one with better grip now has my dump pouch on it. Right leg dropleg I moved my Multicam utility pouch too, and put the pocket pouch on the chest piece in its place. Also ditched the assault pack to lighten the load, and so I can shoulder my rifle easier.

100_1825.jpg

Not pictured is my real deal MICH w/ PVS7/14 NVG mount.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/G36...ar/P6120004.jpg

^ Packing Light ^

3 Day pack, enough supplies to live for 3 days in an un-known terrain.

Why have you AK74 magzines with wrong caliber that wont work IRL on your AK47?

the 47 use 7.62x39 and the 74 use 5.45x39

people really need to understand that the AK47 and AK74 isint the same weapon XD

Looks good thomas. Your going to be using coyote brown, with MC or Woodland and a ACU camoed helmet. Thats one hodgepodge loadout.

I'm wearing Multicam with it, and I'll take the ACU helmet cover off that comes with it. The awesome NVG mount will make up for the contrasting OD.

The vest is a MOLLE Chest rig, probably condor, from Cheaperthandirt. They no longer sell it in Tan though, but if you do some hunting you can find it. Thinking about replacing it with an Eagle plate carrier...wanting to move towards some more expensive stuff.

I've been having a tidy up and as I had most of my gear in one place at the same time I decided to take a couple of pics

sorry for the quallity, its really overcast outside and theres just not enough light for decent pics.

PICT0005.jpg

pict0006.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

anybody know a good way of keeping a hydration bladder up right in a hydration pouch?  my 2L camelbak one keeps slumping down when it's got 3/8 left.

Yeah what pfcstoner said. most camelbacks now have that hook up at the top and i know the DBT hydration carriers have a loop to slide the hook into but if you dont have one you should sew your own in. It really makes a huge difference.

Here we go, some pics finally. Excuse the poor quality.

For Winter and cooler seasons, I wear my flak vest. It's the real deal. It is very hot though, and there you have my logic for using it in the cooler seasons.

CIMG0663.jpg

CIMG0664.jpg

Sorry for the loose stuff, changing the belt length for the vest is tough so I ended up leaving it unbuckled. Sorry :(.

For Summer and the warmer seasons, I go light. This is just a first line. I load up on tons of water in my canteens as well.

CIMG0644.jpg

CIMG0667.jpg

Since I was far too lazy, here's the Jarheadish loadout from a bit back:

CIMG0628.jpg

CIMG0627.jpg

List and explanations:

Winter and cooler:

PASGT helmet(the real kevlar one with arrive soon!)

PASGT Fragmentation vest

LC-2 Suspenders and Belt

Butt/training pouch

Two canteens

Two M16 triple magazine pouches (not pictured)

Jungle Boots (not pictured due to their umm dirtyness?)

CA M15 w/ M203

Woodland BDUs

Summer and warmer:

Woodland boonie hat

LC-2 Suspenders and Belt

Butt/training pouch

Two canteens

Jungle Boots

ECHO 1 M733 for scouting or AGM M14 for DMR

Woodland BDUs

As you can see I use an American flag placed in the defensive direction. I figured this was logical as I play here right in America. However, the true purpose for the patch was cosmetic. There was a nasty mark on the BDU when I received it, so to get rid of it I placed a flag patch there to fulfill some sort of purpose.

You may also see a David's Star necklace on my person. I wear it because I do take pride in my Jewish faith, and the necklace is made to military specifications. I think it puts a little character to what may be a boring loadout.

Please leave comments, sorry again for the poor pictures, I took them alone.

Is the Eagle Ind.'s Ranger, or is it their OD? The brown elastic on the pouches makes me think OD.

Edited by Pain_is_Red
Is the Eagle Ind.'s Ranger, or is it their OD? The brown elastic on the pouches makes me think OD.

Actually, its MJK (Matt Johnson Kahki). I can see how you got confused though, because MJK has either a tan or greenish tint depending on the light. This is due to strands of OD fiber being woven into the cordura along with the kahki. Quite a versatile color, really.

-Jake