• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my gear:

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Any advice on what I can do to make it better? I am going to be replacing the Blackhawk utility pouch with a large one once I finish painting it. I will also be moving the Hydration Pack to one of the sides on the back so it's not in the middle and I figure I can add an M4 mag pouch to the back once I do that...

Edit: Sorry for the big pics, I tried to resize them and it won't let me.

Edited by Laxplayer19x93

Get a proper Admin pouch for your knife and marker and it'll look pretty kick *albatross*. Imho swiss army knifes, while useful, aren't very tactical. I'd also move the M4 pouches over a few columns of Webbing so it looks more centered.

Edited by poorieuser
Get a proper Admin pouch for your knife and marker and it'll look pretty kick *albatross*. Imho swiss army knifes, while useful, aren't very tactical. I'd also move the M4 pouches over a few columns of Webbing so it looks more centered.

A agree about the admin pouch. However if you are right handed it looks like the pouches may be just perfect. You dont want to reach too far for them. :)

I'd choose useful over tactical, seeming as how pretty much every thing has "tactical" as a prefix.

Hence my solution that involves both?

A agree about the admin pouch. However if you are right handed it looks like the pouches may be just perfect. You dont want to reach too far for them. :)

I was just thinking about the pistol being somewhat centered. It seems like it'd get in the way as you try to get to your mags where having the pistol moved back to your side would keep it out of the way. Maybe it's just my personal preference.

I was just thinking about the pistol being somewhat centered. It seems like it'd get in the way as you try to get to your mags where having the pistol moved back to your side would keep it out of the way. Maybe it's just my personal preference.

I see what you are saying, i think. :) I guess what ever suits the user the best. :)

Edited by ferretkiller
Imho swiss army knifes, while useful, aren't very tactical.

Sorry bud but i found this amusing, surely the fact that it is called a Swiss ARMY knife is a clue to its heritage?

It may not have a fancy pair of pliers (though some swiss army knives do) but it probably does exactly the same amount of things that a gerber or leatherman can do for half or maybe quarter the price.

Sorry bud but i found this amusing, surely the fact that it is called a Swiss ARMY knife is a clue to its heritage?

It may not have a fancy pair of pliers (though some swiss army knives do) but it probably does exactly the same amount of things that a gerber or leatherman can do for half or maybe quarter the price.

when was the last time the swiss were in a conflict?

I agree with chillin on the mag pouch config.  I also agree with poorieuser about the admin pouch.

And, dump the tiny swiss army knife, get a GOOD Multitool.  Much more useful, and more taticool too! :)

What this man said.

You're an idiot. Have you ever looked at the price of a leatherman versus a Swiss Army knife. Hey let's quote some prices from my Campmor Catalog. Leatherman Kick 29.95. Knife, wire cutters, Phillips Screwdriver, flathead and a set of pliers. Victorinox Climber 29.99. Blade, scissors, corckscrew. Not your most useful field tool.

Considering people take marker pens with them onto the airsoft field, I don;t think useful is a priority.

I use them to circle maps all the time at games.

Edited by poorieuser

Swiss Army knives appear to be jack of all trades, master of none. That and the fact that I don't like that they don't have locking blades.

Anyhow...

dsc00015smalldc9.jpg

Some (ok most) of my gear.

dsc00025smallen1.jpg

More of a winter setup. With smock.

dsc00028smallyb8.jpg

Currently playing shirt sleeved order. With boonie. Rear utility pouches are hanging a bit low, I've since tightened up the yoke straps.

Boots remain the same throughout the year; standard lightweight assault boots. Rear utility pouches are hanging a bit low, I've since tightened up the yoke straps.

Idealy a Mk.6 and an '80 would complete the look. However the M16 is my current platform and I've got plans for it.

Edited by Grumman