Pictures of your gear V3.0

Look at the picture of him...and then of the MAV itself - he either changed it, or flipped one of the photos...but its shown on both sides...regardless in the picture of him aiming it is indeed on his strong-side, a serious paint to get to - but no big deal if he's just using them for speed-loaders etc...just lacking in the tacticool dept.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I R tacticool fail :P

Hobbles is correct, the pouches just hold speedloaders at the moment, therefore the rifle mag pouches take priority and are on my strong side.

In the pictures of the MAV by itself some of the pouches are in different arrangements from the 1st pictures I posted, nothing has been flipped.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

Blackwater I-O Tactical LB Vest

EMDOM:

- SAF Admin Panel

- 6o4 Multi Pistol Mag Pouch

- Baby Utili-Shingle

TT Modular Hydration Carrier

HSGI Modular Strobe Pouch

EssTac M4 Double Mag 'Toaster' Pouch

Items currently removed:

Med-Blowout Pouch

Radio Pouch

Dump Pouch

post-3402-1198893021_thumb.jpg

post-3402-1198893042_thumb.jpg

Those mags ever smack you in the nuts? :D

Not yet :D but thats where I put empty mags in a hurry instead of dropping them or trying to put them back into the mag pouch. I usually only have 1 mag on that d-link at a time but if its really busy Ive gotten up to 4 which is when I start unloading the d-link.

Dump pouches are way too high speed and bulky for me :P I really like this set up the way I have it and I have tried with a dumper and didnt like

Interesting idea with the empty canteen pouch, I might try that. Also I do have alice suspenders but they are tan so its kinda hard to see them.

dsc0103bq3.jpg

Edited by 5 to 1

why do people assume "greenside" means no body armor? is that in a SOP somewhere? bad guys still use 5.56, 7.62mm and AP ammunition whether you are in an urban area or in the "woods". unless you were absolutely sure that there were no enemies between your insertion site to the objective, i would think folks would wear armor in wartime.

they're already humping 70-100lb rucks...i could find 20-30lbs worth of ###### to ditch so i can wear my armor.

i think most of the "greenside" pictures are folks in training stateside. hence no BA.

Titelist - I havent had any problems going prone with an empty mag on that d-link and as for the noise, those are only there during contact and I cant put them back in a pouch so its not really a stealth issue at that point.

chillin- All photos of greenside are during training because they dont take journalists out miles behind enemy lines where that **** goes down. Also during greenside ops, enemy contact is not anticipated and a last resort. If you do make conact you would out numbered so you cant stand to fight an breaking contact is key. You said it yourself that they are humping 70 lbs rucks so you dont want to add the additional weight of BA when you are trying to move fast. As for cutting 20-30 lbs out of a ruck, I dont see how that could ahppen since everything they carry, they need.

I might try a rolly polly if this set up or an emtpy canteen pouch doesnt work out. Thanks for the suggestions!