Pictures of your gear V3.0

Evansy, what make of blast belt is that?

Nice loadout btw.

Nope, its the Pantac Tactical Cummerbund

Kit list is:

Pantac Tactical Cummerbund

Pantac Triangular Molle Platform

Bulle pistol mag pouch

Bulle TRS mag pouch

Bulle 45° pannel

Bulle 5.56 single x2

Warrior dump pouch

Bulle Molle Canteen pouch

Safariland 6004

Edited by evansy
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus! Some of you guys carry insane amounts of magazines. I mean if you're going for realism, you should incorporate the fact that in the real they can't carry anywhere near that much ammunition. I mean unless you're not aiming there can't be any possible way you use all of it.

nail on the head there. I normally carry 8x 68rnd mags in my vest + 1 in the carbine and 2 more on my back just in case. I rarely blow through all of them. But at some places I play at I see people carrying the same amount of hicaps needing refills during games. People wedge their fingers down the trigger as soon as they see something move and lead their fire towards the target that way...

12+ mags of midcaps are not an unreasonable quantity to carry into the field, especially, if you're gonna be out in the field for the entire day. i only use midcaps, and i encourage everyone to not use Hicaps if you are not using a SAW replica.

i try not to reload my mags in the field either, i only do so at regen.

many real pictures of US soldiers show them carrying 6-8 mags (sometimes less). but bear in mind that alot of times they're dismounted and their humvee or stryker is pretty close by and they store extra ammo there.

Also, there is the issue that airsoft BB's are much less accurate than real bullets.

While it may take a trained soldier 2-3 shots to drop a target at 75 yards, it takes even an upgraded AEG many more rounds than that, so in some ways this is taken into account by using/carrying more ammo than a real soldier.

Also, there is the issue that airsoft BB's are much less accurate than real bullets.

While it may take a trained soldier 2-3 shots to drop a target at 75 yards, it takes even an upgraded AEG many more rounds than that, so in some ways this is taken into account by using/carrying more ammo than a real soldier.

Quoted for truth.

I've got 9 hicaps, and there's days where sometimes that doesn't even feel like enough.

That's insane. I've never carried more then 10 "standard" mags and found that to be more then enough. Even with the less accurate abilities of airsoft guns, most engagements happen close up where you shouldn't need more then 2 or 3 shots to hit a guy...

To stay on topic. Under construction rig.

DSC01327.jpg

Edited by Agent Hunk

I guess there is a difference if you're playing MilSim, and if you're playing PainterSoft. I prefer MilSim, as that is the point of the sport. Now, I understand that BBs don't fly as true as a real bullet. However, there is no need for 9 highcaps (500 rounds), which is I believe 4,500 BBs on you. I highly doubt you're gonna need that much.

Now going by low and mid-caps. I believe you should only ever need 8-12 magazines of ammunition. It should be higher than real steel, because once again BBs aren't as accurate as bullets. Not 20+ though, because thats just insane. If you're using High Caps though, and you carry more than 2-4 magazines (excluding people who use their AEG as SAWs). Go play paintball, this isn't the sport you're looking for.

I am sorry, I didn't mean to derail this thread. Just sometimes things confuse or get to me.