Even more A&K M249 info!

rwham

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would never buy one of these.  I have decided that there would be too much pressure on the gearbox from that spring, and it would die within the first 1000 shots.  Sorry dudes and dudettes, clones=sheisty.

So spending an extra $10 and 60 seconds changing the spring is not an option then?

There where supposed to shoot around 450 FPS to start with, which is a M140 spring usualy. Even if it is a M150 sprin the GB will be fine, the piston will blow out long before the gearbox. M249 GB's are THICK because they are designed for this sort of thing. If you don't want it shooting that hard just buy the apropriate spring, take out the top stock pin, fold it down, open the reciever cover, push in on the sprig guide and lift the latch, take out spring guide and spring, put in new spring and reverse the process. Takes all of 30 seconds.

Is the US support weapon velocity really 450 FPS? I guess Ohio is a bit more strict since I'm limited to 400 FPS. meh

No. Each area has their own support weapon limits, ranging from 400fps/.2g to 450fps/.2g generally.

rwham is new; take it with a grain of salt.

Hm, my taker on it is that it is awasome to have a cheap support weapon, but I don't want 30+ noobs running around with a 500 fps support weapon with 2500 round box mags. I hope it will be 100% comapatble with the CA version. Ooo, now the deciding, This, a Maurzen 870 BV, or a TM M14........

:D

There are people,noobs or not,thinks TM S-system wih metal boby is a ton of burden,they bought it,upgraded it,put on lots of nice accessories on it,after one game,taken nice pics with it,proceed to retired it to a display rack at home,so i don't worry about the field being full of SAWs. :rolleyes:

But still, think, UTG rebrands, it goes on shortyusa, some spoiled rich brat gets it and shoots his friends (to death?(jk)) in his neighborhood. Could happen.

I'm also adding up the cost here.. Gun, let's say $300 from gunners, shipping, hoping about $65, bbs, about $100, box mag, a hopeful $50..Use stock bat and charger til wallet recovers... I can just about afford this!

To Ghost:

UMMMMMMM Because it will be on n00b dedicated sites, and it shoots 500FPS?! TMs don't

have 2500 round box mags or shoot 500FPS. That's like 700 with .12gs. Someone will get SERIOUSLY hurt if this gets on the n00b circuit.

But still, think, UTG rebrands, it goes on shortyusa, some spoiled rich brat gets it and shoots his friends (to death?(jk)) in his neighborhood. Could happen.

I'm also adding up the cost here.. Gun, let's say $300 from gunners, shipping, hoping about $65, bbs, about $100, box mag, a hopeful $50..Use stock bat and charger til wallet recovers... I can just about afford this!

Dude. This gun costs as much as TM or CA AEGs. Why would this gun be any more vulnerable to "noobs" than any other high-end AEG out there? If your going to whine and *badgeress* about this, then whine and *badgeress* about every TM or CA out there.

Archived