• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heres my attempt at a sought of artistic looking pic:

post-4606-1109607087_thumb.jpg

feel free to post your fancy snaps

not having a go but background is EVERYTHING it is in someways a subconscious thing - carpet doesn't evoke - how to phrase this - hmmmm... a dominant object - that doesn't really work but try and understand me please lol, :unsure:

i am seriously not having a go just perhaps that great set could be put on perhaps a black table to imply swat? i dunno really, i put my SG550 in a field of long grass overlooking the surrounding countryside to imply a sort of marksman feel - almost like the bourne identity- obviously this might not be possible for you depending on where you live but it is worth thinking it through - have a look at marui catalogues - they do them very well even if they don't seem to sell half the stuff the put on the guns lol. ;)

- have a look at McMadKat's - plain table yet effective - nice job btw!

This may just be me but stuff shot with a thought out background has a lot bigger impression on me then say just inside the kitchen or somewhere.

Please don't take this as flaming - just friendly advice. :)

woooo! i've been waiting for this thread.

MyCOP357.jpg

two things would make this better, the stainless COP, and staging the photo in a bank deposit box. Bourne stylee, but hey.

EDIT: Shoulda been, two things obivous to me, would make this better. :D

Edited by ajay_may
woooo! i've been waiting for this thread.

MyCOP357.jpg

two things would make this better, the stainless COP, and staging the photo in a bank deposit box. Bourne stylee, but hey.

EDIT: Shoulda been, two things obivous to me, would make this better.  :D

that's class !! illustrates my previous point!! ;)

however US dollars beneath english passports? lol - that might be part of the bourne thing but hey - have you read the books by the way? if not then do! amazing - sooo much better than the films. :D

McMadKat, Wow! those pics are lush! nicely done, nicely nicely done. I especially like the third pic of the rifle, something about the lighting effect on the metal, its, so, shiny. Really nice contrast.

So you are doing some sort of course in this i imagine? cause damn, they be good.

It took me a little while to notice but the hunting camop background, it suited pretty well, but, Hunting camo? ewwwww :P

that's class !! illustrates my previous point!! ;)

however US dollars beneath english passports? lol - that might be part of the bourne thing but hey - have you read the books by the way? if not then do! amazing - sooo much better than the films. :D

Yeah, if i had a stack of english notes i would've used that, however my only stash of english money is a jug of shiny coins. Raiding my fake poker money was better! :D

Off topic, yeah! i have read the books, read them all after the first movie, thought that identity and supremacy were really really good ESPECIALLY supremacy, burned through them in no time, but for my liking, ultimatum dragged, was inferior to the first two. I'm glad the movies have taken a different direction.

I don't see how photoshopping a colored picture into black & white makes the picture any more artistic. Colored pictures can be so much more artistic than a B&W picture if taken by professionals. Shouldn't an art piece usually convey some kind of deeper message or meaning? Color, angle, lightning, focus, background all contribute to the overall effect of an artistic image. I guess one may want to take BW pictures of guns to coney the cold ruthless image a gun can represent, but I still prefer colored ones.

Colored pictures can be so much more artistic than a B&W picture if taken by professionals.

Same is true with B/W

Black and white is no different than color, there are times to use it and times not to. Weather or not it works with the image boils down to the eye of the photographer. Photoshopping your pictures to be black and white will not replicate the tones and shadow/highlight details film does so look at some real b/w pictures before you give up on it.

hehe, here's a super quick removal of the distracting bag using MS paint!

nobag6qc.jpg

I think maybe since the attention is on the big gun in the foreground, if you hadnt seen the other one previously you MIGHT not notice if you didnt look too hard. (MS paint being hardly the greatest tool to work with to these ends.)

Edited by andthestoryends