Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made 2 more with the same setup

[mg]http://hem.bredband.net/jovem3/airsoft2/bi.../hic43_thmb.jpg[/img]

Enlarge

[mg]http://hem.bredband.net/jovem3/airsoft2/bilder/mp7_thmb.jpg[/img]

Enlarge

And if you like em in even higher res go here

Great lighting & capture. Simplicity wins it here.

I'm not the most experianced photographer, and I don't have the greatest camera  <_< , but I try lol.

Did this one for fun

I'm open for tips/hints/tricks/comments.

-No Mercy, that looks pretty good.

The composition of the picture looks... "messy". Nice idea, but maybe tidy up a little more. Too many mixed bullet casings for example, instead of just ones relating to whats in the pictures.

Okay, $40 worth of 35mm film scans here, I hope you guys like em. I have the 21mb files if anyone is looking to make one into a billboard :P

For you camera buffs, I shot these through my Leica rangefinder/ 50mm f1.4 onto 100asa film (> any digital SLR)

001ac4.jpg

002jd3.jpg

003nv6.jpg

Here's a detail of the first one (you get what you pay for)

001afy8.jpg

I have some SAA ones that might make it onto here next week.

Edited by SilentScope

Love leica lenses, film is always better than digital, but digital is alot easier to mess with, without the added hassle of scanning in negatives, even when you have your own scanner.

Could you send me the original scan of the one with the chessboard.

Edited by Azulsky

If you could PM me your email that would be awesome. Unless you know of a place where I can host a 23.5mb file :D Glad you noticed its a chessboard. One of my friends thought it was checkers :blink: My great grandfather carried it through WWI. The pieces fit in pegs so you can play in combat.

The original is a TIFF, but I can compress it to JPEG if you would like.

I disagree about film being more difficult to work with. If you have a darkroom, the time it takes to manipulate most types of stuff (contrast, burn/dodge, lighting, etc.) can be less than in CS2 and looks a hundred times more natural.

Leica lenses are nice, but its the discreet nature of the M-series that made me invest the money. Kinda hard to take pictures of people in the city with a bigass SLR. That and the fact that its a Leica :D

Edited by SilentScope
I still want to know how to get a pure white or black background.....preferably with a digital camera.

You need to place what your shooting in front of a white background ie a sheet and then have another sheet or whatever above it and/or behind the camera. The flash needs to be directed at the white sheet so you get a pure reflection of light onto the subject.