Artistic Airsoft

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@casey_cole: Right, same problem here.

Don't use a white background, it's better to use light gray or even silver. For some of my pictures I even used a light blue wallpaper. Overexpose the picture and the background will look white.

If you use a white background, it will blend over the gun before you get the details right.

You have to try out a few pictures, before you get the exposure time right. But with digital cameras, that's no problem.

A few examples:

tanakausp014ms7.th.jpg

ca014aj1.th.jpg

hfcg17025rf.th.jpg

The flash needs to be directed at the white sheet so you get a pure reflection of light onto the subject.

How does that work while still pointing the camera towards the object?

I like raza's black backgrounds. That definately can't be done with black sheets :P

Nowadays most monochromatic backgrounds are done with photoshop, those fortunate enough to have studio equipment can do it manually.

White backgrounds, while boring in essence, can create some very beautiful shots if you can control shadows, and have a good, balanced composure.

For example.

DSC_5265-vi.jpg

One subject, 1 shadow, mediocre composition. Boring? More so than state testing.

Now if you set up the lighting to cast a shadow towards the bottom right corner, it'd get a bit more interesting. Now perhaps cut a slice out of the visible side of the apple, lay it somewhere in the righthand side of the frame, following the rule of thirds. Get more lighting on the base/face of the subjects, and a proper aperature. 4 things, and you have the makings of a killer photo.

I can't take my guns outside without the neighbours seeing them; remember, showing our guns outside in England is an invitation to have an ARU come a'knocking.

CC

Not that it is actually illegal to have replicas on private property. Try working near a large window or patio doors or something.

How does that work while still pointing the camera towards the object?

You use a flash that has an adjustable head (I assume thats what the top part is called). Not one built into the camera.

I like raza's black backgrounds. That definately can't be done with black sheets :P

Its certainly possible that black sheets are involved.