• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Finius!  Here's some Elgin City River Rats airsoft desktop wallpaper:

http://riverratsairsoft.smugmug.com/photos/61330982-L.jpg

All of the photography is original and features different guys from the group.

Regards,

FFF

www.riverratsairsoft.com

For realism, don't ever use white face paint in winter - soldiers don't do this because it would cover up the signs of frostbite until it was too late.

For realism, don't ever use white face paint in winter - soldiers don't do this because it would cover up the signs of frostbite until it was too late.

That confiues me

*fruitcage* you dont need cam in winter! At best your face is covered by balaclava.

Aplying wet cam cream in minus tempretures is madness.

Seriously

RSP1 & Gadge,

LOL!  Oh man, that's funny guys!  I also put up this image in the same post which features guys wearing about $40,000+ in gear, and all you can think to comment on is the white camo face paint?

That's hilarious! :D

Hey, you know you're doing well when that's all we can find wrong :P . Cool stuff.

RSP1 & Gadge,

LOL!  Oh man, that's funny guys!  I also put up this image in the same post which features guys wearing about $40,000+ in gear, and all you can think to comment on is the white camo face paint?

That's hilarious! :D

What struck me is that the gear is obviously real, and your guys there went to the trouble of spending about the average annual worker's wage on gear/borrowing it from barracks/taking it out to play $30 games of airsoft, all to simulate the real SEALs or whichever unit it is that uses that stuff, but one of them is using a gun that doesn't actually exist in the real world as far as I know! AK Beta Spetznaz; aren't they an invented Marui concept? May be wrong but hey, it looks weird :P

And .... those pictures are the best promotional images I've seen for any kind of airsoft product or event, ever, and I'd be surprised in the extreme if they didn't bring new players to your site in droves! :D :D I mean, I'd buy that for a dollar, sure enough.

But that AK does look immensely out of place to my mind ;)

all to simulate the real SEALs or whichever unit it is that uses that stuff, but one of them is using a gun that doesn't actually exist in the real world as far as I know!

Evilhippy- the Rats arent into airsoft as a way to pretend to be a real-world military unit. We do it because it's a great way to practice real combat tactics and because it's a hell-uv-a-lot of fun. Those images are meant to show off members of the group, not pretend to be SEALS, etc. That guy uses a Beta when we play, therefore he's holding a Beta in the photo. Simple as that, really.

And .... those pictures are the best promotional images I've seen for any kind of airsoft product or event, ever, and I'd be surprised in the extreme if they didn't bring new players to your site in droves!   I mean, I'd buy that for a dollar, sure enough.

Honestly, thanks for the "mad props", Evilhippy :D .

Regards,

FFF

www.riverratsairsoft.com

Edited by triplef

Oh, and by the way RSP1 and Gadge-

you dont need cam in winter! At best your face is covered by balaclava.  Aplying wet cam cream in minus tempretures is madness.

United States Marine Corps manual MCWP 3-11.3, Scouting and Patrolling, states that loam and white camouflage face paint is to be used by troops in snow-covered terrain (chapter 4, page 18. Look it up).

You guys are loud and wrong on that one :D .

FFF

www.riverratsairsoft.com

That might not be exactly as rare as you think - it be bloody unique :o If I'm not mistaken thats the one he went and bloody made from scratch, as in, making every single part yourself and making it totally badass to boot :D

You, Candyman, sir, are a total and utter b**tard, in the nicest possible sense :D I wish I had your skills man...