.23 or .25 gram ok to use in stock Glocks?

Rento_VW

Is a .23 or .25 gram BB ok to use in a stock KWA Glock 19 or HFC Glock 17?

Turns out the order didn't go through for the third time... So... We're re-thinking it over....

And which do you prefer? HFC Glock 17 or KWA Glock 19?

We just want to lower the rate of the FPS a bit... and all we have is HFC22 Green Gas...

Also... how much FPS will this drop us?

Initially, yes, it's the energy (which is the same for either weights) that counts, not the velocity. Think if you'd rather get hit by a BB traveling at 100 fps or by a bus traveling at the same speed.

At longer range, the 0.25g will actually hit harder because slightly less energy is lost in flight due to air resistance.

Ah ok... nvm...

See.. Me and my buddy got into airsoft because his little cousin and friends were playing night soft with LPEGs... so we went 2 vs 3... and we were using LPEGs..

Now... these GBBs shoot around 100FPS more than a LPEG.. so I was just wondering...

I'm starting to think about getting two UTG MP5s now since they are weaker.... But prices may go over $400... not too sure... Plus.. they are pretty un-reliable...

And as far as I know.. the UTG MP5 is the best quality for $100..

You could order a pair of AEGs from PointAct.com, and that should only cost you about $170, with shipping. Of course, they won't really fire any less than a GBB. A GBB doesn't hurt that much though, as long as you're several (Probably no closer than 20) feet away and don't get hit in any sensitive areas.

UTG MP5 is most definitely not the best quality for $100, not even close. It was the first MPEG that wasn't a horrendus failure *coughacademySA80cough*, so it has been inferior-ized by other clone AEGs now. However, most of those fire harder than your GBBs will. How about getting a few AEPs? You can get a CM030 for about $40 and the new well MP7 is around $90.

A KWA Glock on green gas will fire harder than any budget AEGs, but as has been pointed out, after 20 feet, it won't really hurt as long as you wear facial protection and at least a shirt.

half true.

My KWAG19, on green gas, chrono'd at 327 average!!!

When I shot someone with it at about 30feet they weren't happy..

Needless to say after 10 mags thru it, the loading muzzle tip snapped off!

Replaced the loading muzzle, but now it vents the entire mag's worth of gas on the first trigger pull :(

Bugger.

So; it might be an idea NOT to run GG on these after all ;)

A lot of danish airsofters proclaim that in a gas gun heavier bbs will actually give you more energy (j). They'll fly slower, but not as slow as you might think based on the amount of joules it puts out with 0.20.

It certainly seems to deliver more of a 'whack' when using 0.25's over 0.2s or 0.28's over 0.25 bbs

Hence the 500fps sniper rifles shooting 0.43's-

Obviously they travel slower due to mass- but hit with a hell of an impact in comparison to 0.2's, AND you get less turbulence interference as the wind has to be that much stronger to deviate the BB from its intended path.

I know some chaps who use 0.28's in CQB as the loss of FPS isnt a big deal- but your targets scream that much more!! :D

My metal KSC G17's been eating propane for more than a year now, and green gas before that. Still shoots like a champ, and average fps with propane/green is too high to say here.

Just don't shoot each other if they are too close, and use some kind of surrender rule. Also wear full facial mask and a jacket if they are still afraid.

Archived