bulid your least favourite airsofting type

fenris357

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hate people who has bought support weapons, eg, minimi, rpks... and moan about how much ammo they are using in the last games, then keep on playing with the minimi (etc) but firing on semi. It just ###### me of because why the f**k did you buy a support weapon for when you dont wanna play that role. Its more for show, which i hate. If they want to conserve ammo, buy a sniper rifle.....

How can they fire semi on a weapon that doesn't have semi?

I hate people who get support guns, only to find out that they're completely worn out after one round, because they didn't consider the fact that SAWs are *fruitcage* heavy.

Theres only 2 real situations that **** me off... which to keep on topic are a general person trait

1. Got a nice clear sniper shot on someone, Dont aim for their face and instead put it square in their chest. You see the material fold, they suck in their stomach as a jerk reaction, look down at the BB as it falls off to the floor.

They then proceed to look around and see who fired it before diving off behind the nearest tree.

Apparently if they cant see who fired it the BB materialised itself from another dimension and doesnt count.

2. Normally this only occurs with rentals or new guys. You make a dash from 1 piece of cover to the next, hear a gun open up and after the total lack of any plastic whizzing by realise it sounds like it is dry firing. Have a peak at their general direction so they can have another go. Still dry firing.

They then proceed to go into a full volume rant about how theres no way their aim was off and they hit you without a doubt.

Did once result in a good moment where his own team mate took the gun from his hands, pointed it at his chest and pulled the trigger to prove nothing was coming out though, nothing quite like the older brother proving he knows best in a way acceptable only within family circles :)

3 - ish. More of a minor annoyance... Someone who actually knows the hand signals for X military attempting to convey them to people who dont have a clue even after being told this information. Way to confuse the newbies :)

Edit: Just read the post a few before mine which reminded me.

4. Two parter - The Bang Rule

a. People who shout bang yet do not have their gun even pointing at you (Wouldnt mind if they snuck up on me but i mean walking round a corner into each other basically)

b. People who shout bang from miles further away then specified and then get annoyed when you shoot them. Shouting Bang from 15 Meters away is rediculous.

I can tolerate a little bit of people not calling out their hits, I can't be sure they have not felt it. I mean once I didn't realise I had been hit and one of my team mates just went 'you've been hit mate' so I went back to the safe zone.

Someone actualy comented on the grace with which I accepted the comment and walked off. I was confused by this at first. However in that same game, it got so bad with people not calling out hits and people calling cheater at the first oppertunity, that the site owners threatened to call off the game and tell everyone to go home.

I can tolerate a little bit of people not calling out their hits, I can't be sure they have not felt it.

I can agree with that, game I played the other week there seemed to be quite a lot of people having to call out to the opposing team to take their hits and the frequency with which it was happening I did start to wonder how much of it was cheating and how much was people simply not noticing they'd been hit, I got hit once at the top of my leg with a long range shot when I was wearing loose fitting trousers and I barely felt it hit me, just about noticed something bouce off my trousers but if i'd been returning fire or wearing more resiliant tactical gear I might easily have simply not noticed the hit , so I try not to assume that people are cheating when they don't take their hits at any sort of range (although at close range it's pretty hard to not notice a hit, even if it bounces off your tactical gear and doesn't hurt, you're gonna notice it) as it's always possible they simply didn't notice. That said when people actually look down at the spot that they've just been hit and then still don't take it, that I take as cheating.

Someone actualy comented on the grace with which I accepted the comment and walked off.

Again ditto, I was taking cover behind a crate at a game the other week and felt a shot skim off my shoulder, it could easily have been a ricochet but I wasn't sure so I took it as a hit and walked off to the safe zone and one of my team next to me complimented me for a hit well called since it's sometimes hard to tell a hit from a ricochet. Personally I hate cheating and the last thing I'd want is for somebody else to think I was cheating myself so I always try and play fair and take my hits unless I'm damn sure it was a ricochet or a miss.

Well seeing as I play at Electrowerkz, I can't think of a single bad experience I've had!

However the one thing I WOULD hate would be someone who gets hit by someone hiding and tells all his teamates where the hidden man was on his way to the dead zone. It's unrealistic, it's annoying and they did nothing to earn the information of the guy's hideout.

But as I said, at Electro, it's cool. :D

• 2 weeks later...

As already stated by a number of people, what I dislike most is people not taking their hits. There was a short spate of this where I normally play but it has now thankfully become a very rare occurence. The time this p****d me off the most was when the attacking team had a respawn point only 15-20 meters behind them, could see even less point than normal in cheating as the turnaround was very short (the intention being for a fast paced game).

Another pet hate is people who will continue to shoot you even though you have called 'HIT' at the top of your voice and held your gun up just in case they haven't heard you (which is unlikely with me as I have a very loud voice!).

Also people who think they are the mutts nuts because they have all flashy expensive gear and then get annoyed because they got rinsed out by a teenager that has a cheap, basic setup and just happens to have either been in the right place or may just be a better player (having all the gucci gear doesn't necessarily make you an airsoft god!)

Having said all that though, where I normally play most of the people are fair and very friendly, I've even had people apologise to me in the safe zone for things that don't require any apology, to which my normal response is 'don't worry about it mate, all just part of the game' i.e. if I didn't want to be hit at all I wouldn't be an airsofter.

worst type of people, whiners. I recently played a night game, I had a great flashlight mounted on my uzi. I popped up and shot this one guy. the follow series of events just ###### me off. first he refused to call himself out, even though he yelped in pain. then, once I shot him a few more times, he finally decided to call out but complained and bitched the whole time. then, while he was going back, he told everyone where I was hiding. then, once I got out, he bitched at me about shooting him too much.

similar events happened with the same guy several more times during the game. the next time, he brought a friend who acted the same. this is the worst type of airsofter, a whiner.

Worst type of people, Annoying kids with rich parents who will buy them everything they want, this one kid I have played with had his parents buy him some CA which he decked out with every imaginable upgrade. That in and of its self, is fine with me, but what gets me is when the rich, stuck up aditude comes in to play because they think that they are teh uber 1337 and refuse to call hits, and just sit back and let you do all the attacking. For instance, one time, this kid who was over me in team rank (not anymore) took a 3 man squad, 2 AEG's and 1 sniper rifle, first off, why he wanted a sniper rifle for an attack I will never know, but I had my MP001 with no sidearm which I told him, but he just said to take point because I have a scope and can see them first, I told him he was dork but he is like just do it, so we walk into a pack of 3 enemy soldiers, they pop up, and start shooting at us, I take cover behind a tree and my fearless leader takes the other guy with the AEG and runs back, leaving me there, 20 feet away from the enemy with no help. THOSE are the worst kinds of airsofters.

Now the types that I admire are the ones with the CYMA/Echo1/JG guns that have to earn their cash and then dont want to spend it all on a high end gun, This carries over into game play because they actually have some sort of work ethic, not to say that kids with good guns arent good, but it is when they dont have to do a thing for them and have this preconcieved idea that they are better than everyone else that I hate.

I know a kid who i got into airsoft, he liked it so his dad bought him a sr-25, so then his dad is now a retailer for spartan, and "said" he would get us deals since hes on my team, And well....the prices are terrible lol, then every time i try to order somthing through him (not his dad) he always either forgets or takes months after hundreds of texts reminding him and never gets anything done.

Not to mention he thinks his dad can fix anything when he just got into airsoft and only opened a gearbox once to put in as spring. Not to mention that he dosnt research at all, gets screwed and buys more..

Basically hes retarded and unresponsible :)

On the issue of not calling hits, I tend to not make a big deal out of it. If I'm accused of not calling hits, I just say "sorry, must have hit my tac vest or something" and go back to the respawn. If someone doesn't call theirs, I simply shoot them again, if they still don't, I put about 50 bbs into them.

we have a guy at our site who wear a big, puffy jacket, no matter how hot it is, we have to put ~20 bbs into him before he'll even acknowledge that he's been hit. it's pretty funny because we always make him the juggernaut in juggernaut games and he's no longer allowed to play iron man. he's a nice guy, good player but he needs to 'man-up'.

I hate it when people shoot within the "Bang" distance with a nice big burst of auto

Last time was a single pistol shot and at least the guy afterwards said i was right to say bang and thanked me for not shooting him...

Time before was a night game and I was walking towards our base through a gate, bunch of people milling around and wasn't sure who's team because there was no moonlight. So me and my mate behind me walk through and stop to find out. About to speak when I get a 10-20 round burst into my kneecap from <5m. I was unhappy to say the least, so i turned to him and gave a burst of (intentional) dry fire from the M60, while shouting the bang rule at him... Lets say the guy coward away from the '60 and hopefully learnt his lesson. All he had to do was ask :P

Oh, that and people who won't take their hits when you can see them bouncing off them and they have clearly noticed then hidden

My rich neighbor sells old paper money, so he has a ton to spend on airsoft. Well he buys a ton of useless stuff. He had 9 AEG's at one point i think. At most, only 2 will work at a time. Anything he touches breaks. He goes to games cheats, paintsofts, then sits out the rest of the day for some odd reason. When I say paintsoft, he makes paintsofters look milsim. 600rnd AK highcaps for 1 minute bursts. Cannot hear people calling out hit over the noise of his full auto. Nobody likes him and he has quit coming to games. I'll usually make up an excuse why I can't drive him to a game. He is cursed when it comes to airsoft stuff.

Oh, he got a shrike custom built, claims it costs "$2500", and he uses it a little bit for one game, the day he got it back, then wakes up the next morning and it doesnt shoot anymore, roflmao. He has a brand new shrike collecting dust in his house, and it has been there like 7-8 months now....poor thing.

Archived