Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I'm getting a TM 1911 soon and I plan to put a tightbore inner barrel in to improve accuracy, the only problem is I'm not sure which one is the right one.I've seen tightbores that say they are for both the TM1911 and the Hicapa, and some advertised for the 1911, however the place I usually buy from only has Hi Capa barrels.

Would the Hicapa barrel fit in the TM1911 without problems? or should I try a barrel that says it's specifically for the TM1911?

Thanks

Hayabusa

This question has been asked before but it didn't really get answered. 

What other options are out there for a metal rear sight besides the one thats included with the PGC DX kit and the one that comes with the PGC outer?

i'm too in need of a 1911 rear sight...i have the guarder metal kit and its really a shame that they don't supply you with a sight, especially at that price...

also my plastic rear sight is pretty damaged already after 2 games...some more games and it wont be there at all....

did anybody find a source for a metal rear sight here?

Hey yall,

Do you guys recon that if I bought a Uncompany Custom 1911A1 with a PGC slinde and frame on it, that it would be dremmeled by customs? I know they use goop, but have any of yall had Uncompany dremmel your guns? It would be pretty pointless for me to buy the gun with all the nice trademarks if they are gonna dremmel them...

~Floyd

few questions pelase

is the guarder metal kit any good ? im cant really afford the PGC version.

whats all this talk about needing new rear sights ? can you not use the plastic sights with the metal kits ?

are metal kits easy to install ?

does the 1911 metal kit adversly effect the performance.

i run on propane, get it for free form the site i play at, and the gun works flawlessly.

I have the Silver Guarder FM kit. It's nice for what I intended to use it for although if PGC make a silver Springfield kit I probably would've bought that one instead. The silver finish is a bit sparkly but you get used to it. With the Guarder kit you have to make permanent modifications to the BBU and leaf spring, which isn't major but an extra step never the less. Other then the modifications to those parts, the kit went on rather easy. If it wasn't for a problem I was having with a PDI trigger, the entire install would've only taken me about an hour or less.

When I was asking about the rear sight, I didn't even have the kit yet so I was under the impression that metal = better. Plus I also wanted to bead blast it to match the silver kit, but thankfully hardboiledcop talked me out of it. Yeah I would be better if it was metal, but the plastic one works fine.

To be honest I can't really tell you about the performance before and after the install. I only shot about a handful of mags through it before I rebuilt and upgraded it. I'll tell you this, it kicks much harder now with the Guarder kit and all the upgrades.

cheers dude. im now looking into selling my stock tm 1911 and buying a pre built one with all the spangly stuff installed. saves me all the hassle, and i know it will work when it gets here. thanks though.

anybody else got any performance reports with a metal kit ?

IMO metal kits on any 1911 make them more fun to shoot. I think if you want more of a collector's piece, install the PGC kit, and if you want to use it, Guarder. I PGC'd mine and now I'm afraid to actually use it in a game...

Full metal kits (slide and frame) are expensive but I think the TM M1911A1 is just way sexier with one installed.

I say go for it. Such a beautiful gun shouldn't be left stock.

Worst case scenario is that you end up never using it and then you start looking into getting a second sidearm that you can skirm with, like me :P

cheers. my only worry is that at the moment, totally stock, its the best performign skirmish pistol i know of. my pistol gets used lots in game, which is why i want to be sure its going to be worth using afterwards.

in fact, it needs to perform at least as good as it does now.

I recently bought a WE 1911 and I've been having some problems with it. Since the parts are virtually identical to a TM, I thought I'd try asking you guys.

I put a mag through it rapid fire (bad I know) and after more firing at normal speed it started to act funny. With the gun loaded and the mag gassed, pulling the trigger would result in one of three things: 1) the gun would fire normally 2) the hammer would click to half-cock, not firing the gun or 3) the gun wouldn't do anything, like the safety was on. Also, the slide lockback when the mag empties would only randomly work. Does anyone know what this could be?

Have simple question on PGC M1911 metal kit.

The metal slide -> is it heavier than stock TM plastic slide?

I'm just concerned with cool down issue. I don't want to make it worse.

Thanks.

Do you suffer from much cool down though? I found WE1911 is completely unusuable even when it is mildly cold.(around 10~12C) My TM1911 works perfect meanwhile so I don't want to ruin it by having metal slide on.(PGC kit to be specific.)

Thanks.

fal, I'm getting around 20 rounds per fill at 10-12'c temperatures using either green or red gas. I have a PGC metal kit with a Guarder steel barrel and cut down 150% Guarder recoil spring guide in mine with several misc upgrade parts that don't affect performance.

Archived