Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What typo?

Springfield Armory began operating in 1794, was closed down in 1968, but started again in 1974.

http://www.springfield-armory.com/

-Sale

On the linked page i can only find the logo with "SINCE 1794"written in, so is the new logo since 1974 oder 1794?? some one got a high resolution shot of a actual Logo? just for Information...

Question about the Nova parts on Redwolf, If I were to get their barrel bushing now, will I be able to fit them on a stock TM 1911? I am asking since SD's Hi-Capa bushings are of its own dimension and thus not compatible with 1911's bushing cut....

• 2 weeks later...
Hey would these grips fit with the TM or do they need modification?

http://www.amazon.com/Colt%C2%AE-Improved-...4389&sr=8-5

I believe most 1911 grips will fit a TM 1911. Sometimes you are required to widen the screw holes on the grips but thats about it.

The grips you linked to are Neoprene though so it might be a bit harder to widen those holes. I suppose if you had a decent drill you could do it. Not 100% sure how that would turn out though.

Freelanczer- The TM 1911 will run fine on green gas in stock form. A metal slide isn't required.

Well Im about to embark on my first attempt at fitting a PGC metal kit to my TM 1911 and I've already run into my first problem...fitting the rear sight!

I know this has been asked and answered before but I just can't seem to manage it.

With the slide internals removed and the slide the correct way up and pointing forward I pushed the right side of the rear sight through the gap at a bit of an angle.

It now seems that I should be able to slide the rear sight from right to left for it to click into place which I can do but the left side of the rear sight will just not slide into place correctly.

Could someone please tell me if I am on the right track with this? It seems its very close to fitting but I don't want to apply too much force in case Im going about this in the wrong way.

Edit.

It seems like I've now got it in place but with the slide facing the correct way up pointing forward I am able to push the rear sight from left to right. Its not holding in place firmly which can't be right?

Oh well thats good to know, thanks angel wings.

When I installed the blowback chamber into the metal slide the rear sight stays in place but there is still a bit of movement, it wouldn't fall out but it doesn't seem that great to me.

I will have a go at with some kind of tape as you mentioned but does anyone else have any other solutions?

What is needed to get the TM 1911 to run with green gas? i know i need a metal slide and upgraded recoil spring but do i need high flow valves? and anything else?

To run the TM 1911 on green gas, you just need the bottle of green gas to fill the mag. The metal parts are just for a more realistic weight, feel and kick, and for a different look.

-Sale

Today I started properly trying to install my PGC kit.

So far I have installed the slide internals into the metal slide and stripped the original frame.

I am now at the stage where I am installing the frame internals into the new frame but I am having trouble fitting the trigger.

I don't expect anyone to hold my hand and walk me through the entire process of fitting this kit as that wouldn't be fair but it would be great if I could just confirm some things before I start removing any material. I will try my best to figure things out myself before asking any questions however.

Basically the trigger will not slip into place in the new frame so obviously I need to widen the trigger area on the frame.

Where is the best place to remove the material from? Should I take it from the sides or from the top and bottom?

I obviously would like any areas where fitting is required to be as neat as possible and not visible when the pistol is fully assembled.

Thanks guys :D

Oh yeah angel wings, I tried some electrical tape inside the frame to try and hold the rear sight in place and it works.

There are no CO2 mags for the standard TM1911. No, you can't just pump CO2 into a standard TM1911 mag with a Madbull CO2 charger, CO2 is way over what the mag was designed to hold, and no liquid CO2 would make it in.

An aftermarket body should be able to handle it, if a stock WE body can. Issue is with the mag.

That's a shame. I was thinking about using this in winter when green is week. In summer time it's good enough. And more technical, why I can't use MadBull adapter? It's because seals and o rings might not stand co2? Or the problem is to pump the gas into a magazine ?

Both.

CO2 is several times the PSI of propane.

If you try to pump CO2 into a regular mag, all you'll get into it would be CO2 gas and no liquid CO2. A gas gun needs the liquid CO2, propane, duster, whatever to work, because the volume of just gas a mag would hold would last only a few shots. What allows a mag to fire off dozens of shots is the fact that it's storing gas in highly compressed, liquid form. When you fire a gas gun, the liquid inside the mag evaporates into more gas, replacing what was just used in the previous shot. However, such a gas only exist in liquid form under tremendous pressure, and to get CO2 in liquid form inside a standard gas mag would result in an explosion.

I couldn't get any replies in the thread I created, so I am posting it here as well seeing as it is a Marui 1911-A1 question.

I'm looking to install some real steel parts on my Marui 1911 when I receive my Nova kit. Specifically, I would like to install a Springfield Armory barrel bushing as well as a slide stop, but I also wouldn't mind knowing what other real steel parts work (or could be made to work).

I did a search and learned (from this thread http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=87898) that the slide stop would need extensive modifications to work. Unfortunately, the pictures in the thread are no longer available (I'm really interested in what the slide stop looks like after modifications).

I also recall reading somewhere that barrel bushings are pretty much drop in fits. Can anyone confirm this?

If anyone has had experience installing real steel parts on the Marui 1911 (not just limited to these parts), I'd appreciate any info you can provide. As usual, thanks for the help guys.

(On a side note, can WA main spring housings be made to fit on a Marui? If only we had a more complete selection of parts *sigh*...)

Archived