Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

After reading 22 pages for an answer I might have overlooked it and only found the question, so here it is again:

Will a RS main spring housing fit the TM M1911A1?

and

Will a RS mag release fit the TM M1911A1?

Anyone? I still need an answer.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im sorry to ask this... im sure it has been answered before...

after removing the MSH, safety, and beavertail, how do i remove the hammer and trigger? a link to a picture guide would be fine

also, my trigger is sticking after installing a nova marsoc kit... where should i sand to make it smooth?

thanks guys, and again, sorry for thequestions that have surely been answered before

-Joe

The grip safety on my 1911 isn't working properly in that I can pull the trigger without engaging the grip safety.

I know it's usually to do with the 3 leafed prong but I've forgot which one of the prongs I need to 'tweak'

Can someone please remind me?

After taking out the safety and the sear pin underneath as well as two screws at the front (a phillips screw on the inside and a hex screw on the left side), you can lift the "inner frame" up from the actual grip. The trigger should then pretty much fall out of the rear with its own weight, provided that you removed the mag catch as well.

You can then remove one phillips screw on the right side of the "inner frame" to access the firing mechanism (sear, hammer...)

chris, if the spring isn't pushing the grip safety all the way back, the left part of the spring is what you should adjust in a Marui. Bend it towards the back and it'll engage the grip safety positively. The middle one returns the sear and the right one provides trigger return and disconnector action.

-Sale

chris, if the spring isn't pushing the grip safety all the way back, the left part of the spring is what you should adjust in a Marui. Bend it towards the back and it'll engage the grip safety positively. The middle one returns the sear and the right one provides trigger return and disconnector action.

-Sale

Thanks Sale, much appreciated :)

To the issue with the mainspring housing. No, real steel housings wouldn't fit on a normal uncustomiced TM 1911. How it is with after market metal kits I can't tell. But I have two main spring houses by NOVA, and they are cut identical to the orgininal Marui one. So I guess for NOVA metal kits real steel main spring houses wouldn't fit eighter.

Im currently building a Springfield from a PGC kit. I bought one of these to go on it but its to wide to function. I have tried it on the ABS frame with the same result.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KM-M1911A1-HI-CAPA-Air...1713.m153.l1262

Does anyone know where I can get one which is a better make in the same style?

Well, I'd say it oversteps substancial modifications, if you look at the ancle of those side railes. The real steel ones go parallel, the Marui one tends towards the checkered back. I think no chance. Sorry.

Nothing is impossible, however I'm not good at eigher welding or soldering so it might be out of my league. But someting with well placed pins should be doable.

Anyhow, I'll just have to wait until PDI sees the light and makes some more aftermarked parts for the 1911.

I'm pretty sue one of the pistol genii on this forum has done a real msh on airsoft.... I think is was, correct me if I am wrong, romulus? It was a delta 1911 IIRC....

I have a modded TM 5.1 MSH of my Delta right now. Judging by the pictures of the RS MSH it doesn't look like it would be worth the trouble.

The thing about RS parts is that they usually are a pain to fit. If there is an airsoft version of the part it is almost always better to use it. The reason that I used to many modded RS parts on my Delta was because I built it before all the parts like NOVA, etc. had come out. My only choice was RS. If I were to do it now I wouldn't use anything RS.

my trigger is sticking after installing a nova marsoc kit... where should i sand to make it smooth?

thanks guys, and again, sorry for thequestions that have surely been answered before

-Joe

The trigger sticking with Nova kit is normal especialy with WE and Hicapa trigger. I have had no problems with PDI, Nova and KM trigger. These are 1911/hicapa specific ones. Not just hicapa.

Anyway, sand top and bottom of the trigger, granted the trigger bar is properly fitted to trigger and is not bent. No need to sand sides. Just smooth things out a bit. Don't go aggressive.

• 2 weeks later...

is any aftermarket slide for tm hi-capa 5.1 compatible with tm m1911? If i want to put hi-capa 5.1 slide for tm m1911 should I add other parts to make it compatible? and should I change the other parts such as outer barrel, recoil guide & spring etc?

Archived