Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone have an idea which of the Nova bushings should work finish wise with the SFA / or Viskers kit? http://www.nova-product.com/Bushing.html

My bet is the "GM (B-01-SB)". Might be a waste of money, and i'm on a budget - was thinking of going with the stock TM one, but just think it might look odd.

Also if anyone have any experience with the Nova trigger. Split between that and the Nine Ball 3-hole trigger. The finish on the nova, or in this picture anyway, looks kinda matte and grainy: http://img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/produ...MP-C01-SV_L.jpg

Ive got a question, i'm planing to buy a 1911 or MEU to complete my BHD outfit (so the 1911 would be the obvious choice, or did the deltas use MEU's? as they are only made for the USMC)

- Will it RELIABLY take Green Gas in Stock condition? (I've been shooting my M9 for ~4k Rounds with only Green - i didn't count the 5 mags with 134 maintenance gas)

I plan to NEVER work on it, just opening for cleaning and lubing, i need a dead reliable Backup with a lot of oomph. I made good experiences with my Marui M9 Military, but it has some flaws, like sometimes my m9 doesn't cycle correctly (slide gets stuck) or the slidecatch doesn't work, so i wanna upgrade it with a 1911.

greets

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of questions regarding my new TM Meu

I intend to get RS Pachmayr grips, and some Novak cut night sights, my understanding is that these will fit with minimal modification, yes?

In regards to the sights, I seem to be choosing between:

"TRUGLO Brite-Site Sight Set 1911 Kimber Front and Rear Sight Cuts Steel Blue Tritium Fiber Optic Green "

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=510902

and

"Trijicon Night Sight Set Kimber 1911 Steel Blue Tritium"

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/...leitemid=195977

The Truglo set seems to be better, but the fiber optics make them less durable (and I doubt airsoft is on the warranty). Given that, I am leaning towards the Trijicon set, does anyone have any input?

Also my right hand safety seems to wiggle a bit, is that normal?

PS. I am also in the market for a Safariland, of which I can really only afford a used pair. I understand that what I really want is a 6004-53, but there seem to be none of them except new, whereas the 6004-56 has many, many resales. I have been told that the 56 will work fine with the MEU, but I would like to double check before I go off and buy a useless holster.

• 2 weeks later...
Regarding the safety wiggle, yeah a little wiggle is normal. You can reduce it by shimming where it connects with some tape.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

My Safariland and grips should be arriving by next weekend, so I'm most of the way there. I don't however have any idea what to do in terms of the sights, as I know I've at least heard of someone installing them, I just don't know how, how much work, or even which of the ones I am looking at to go with.

Next I have been planing on getting a TK twist barrel, is this the best choice? I have barely figured out the hopup, so I don't feel inclined to change that, but if I were to are there any key, set in stone ultimate choices? Are the barrel and hopup the only bits I would need to change to get the most in terms of accuracy out of my baby?

Since I like to plan in advance I am also looking at some threaded barrels on WGC shop, specifically the Nine Ball and the Shooters Design. Now I understand the NB one to be a quality product, but the chamber it includes seems to be cast, and the barrel and chamber together cost nearly twice as much as the SD. Being relatively new to the GBB world, could anyone offer me advice on the subject? If I were to get a metal body kit in the future would I be able to keep the threaded barrel and attach it to the new, correctly marked chamber?

hey guys, just wondering are there any other compensator kits for the 1911 other than this one?

http://www.x-fire.org/tm_m1911/e.comp_jb.html

its kinda expensive....

thanks

just found the ones on redwolfairsoft.com, they're still pretty costly. or are they? and only five? i would have thought there would be more. it seems to me that for a gun as old as, and as popular as the 1911, there would be alot more conversion kits....

Has anyone tried installing a RS bushing onto their TM M1911?

I am planning on adding a bushing type compensator on mine, but I wasn't sure if modifications are needed. I have a dremel, so I could probably mod it... but any first hand experience would be nice.

thanks

Has anyone here had experience with the PDI Winter Piston Head? Im having a bit of trouble using it in my TM MEU. Please let me know. The seal between the O ring and the nozzle is very tight, and so much that I think it is giving me a "clunk/hollow" sound when I fire and cycling the slide only at the bear minimum. This is with a PGC Metal Kit, and I cant seem to see why it isnt working if redwolf builds the same thing and says it works fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Slight necropost.

Does anyone know if a real-steel main spring housing will fit a TM style 1911? I want to get a PGC full kit for my 1911A1, and would like to get a flat main spring housing instead of the curved backstrap, and fine that reel 1911 parts are about 20% the price of airsoft ones. Just wondering if anyone has attempted the main spring housing.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Is anyone aware of a place where I could get spare parts for a TM 1911/MEU? I can't find my manual for the part number, but I need the silver part that sits across from the disconnector and the little spring that goes along with it.

I've tried all the sites that I can think of and can't find them.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple performance upgrade questions...

Can someone explain what he following parts do? I'm a bit lost.

Action Power Up Cylinder Bulb

Nine Ball Mono Coque Valve

Firefly Power Valve

Cylinder head

Piston head

...or rather, what the advantage of replacing the parts would be.

Also has anyone used the TK Twist barrels? Comments about them?

Any and all input/help would be greatly appreciated.

Archived