Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

fal, I'm getting around 20 rounds per fill at 10-12'c temperatures using either green or red gas. I have a PGC metal kit with a Guarder steel barrel and cut down 150% Guarder recoil spring guide in mine with several misc upgrade parts that don't affect performance.

:D Awesome. :D Thanks for the comment. That finally clears my doubts. :)

I think I will keep one at stock for field and get another w/ metal kit for eye candy/summer use. :)

Cheers.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You don't need any of it to run green, the stock gun will do just fine. The Hi Flow is never necessary, but a metal body kit would leave you with no worries about the slide dying under the pressure. I would rather dump some other mods first for a better shooting experience myself.

Yeah, Hi-Flows are not a very good upgrade for the M1911 since the gas capacity is quite small. Mine works great with the stock hammer spring and mag valve even though it has a PGC metal kit and a 150% recoil spring.

• 2 weeks later...
true true..

well.. You are in the land that made the 1911... (against crazy phillipinos from memory) so why not rock up to a liquor shop/gun shop/drive through.. and get one or two? :D

filipinos, mate, if you please? and they were a special kind of flip -- muslim ones. on top of that, they were a special breed of muslim flips -- huramentados (or frenzied fanatics in make do english :P ), something very much like the suicide bombers the world now knows so well.

cheers,

zT :assassin:

Hi guys i've just read through this thread lots of good info thanks.

just a quick few questions.

this gun was on my short list as my next side arm, and i was about to buy it but at the last second i saw the WE m1911 on the zero one website. i did a little digging into it a heard things like "most of the parts from both guns are interchangable etc"

my first question is, which of these two is most reliable? because im looking for a field gun, i don't want it breaking in 10 mins. i have heard the mauri version is very very reliable, i have no idea about the WE though.

and secondly i know that the mauri is plastic. now it looks good in all of the pictures i've seen, the parkerization looks very nice, but how is it going to wear? after a few trips out in the woods is it going to look ugly? because the WE has a metal frame and slide i thought that it would wear better than the mauri? anyone have any pics of the mauri after some action to see how it wears?

thanks very much in advance guys, i'm sorry my post is long winded

unless you're very picky, the ABS on the TM is excellent and can easily be mistaken for something other than plastic. the WEs are ok but not as reliable or long lasting as the TM. you can, of course, always get a metal slide for the TM but it's not really necessary, imho.

I rather have an ABS slide and frame with trademarks then, a crappy zinc alloy slide with no trademarks to be found.

I am pretty sure the TM on propane is more powerful then the WE. My TM cronoed at 287FPS with .25s(which would translate to around 320-330FPS with .20s), the hop up adjusted correctly, and the magazine wasn't even warmed up completely. The temp was around 20C.

Hi guys i've just read through this thread lots of good info thanks.

just a quick few questions.

this gun was on my short list as my next side arm, and i was about to buy it but at the last second i saw the WE m1911 on the zero one website. i did a little digging into it a heard things like "most of the parts from both guns are interchangable etc"

my first question is, which of these two is most reliable? because im looking for a field gun, i don't want it breaking in 10 mins. i have heard the mauri version is very very reliable, i have no idea about the WE though.

and secondly i know that the mauri is plastic. now it looks good in all of the pictures i've seen, the parkerization looks very nice, but how is it going to wear? after a few trips out in the woods is it going to look ugly? because the WE has a metal frame and slide i thought that it would wear better than the mauri? anyone have any pics of the mauri after some action to see how it wears?

thanks very much in advance guys, i'm sorry my post is long winded

Your number one concern should be reliability over durability. Nothing worth a dime if it doesn't work properly. When it comes to WE 1911, you would exprience some reliability issue, especialy when it's cold. It's worthless even around at 15C degree.

Get TM and get metal kit if you want a metal 1911. Personaly, good plastic wins over pot metal anyday.

Ok, I have planned to make the TM 1911 my first GBB pistol (I'll probably wait for the MEU, but regardless), but I have a few questions.

What do recoil springs do? I assume they make recoil more crisp and nice, but does that mean it takes more gas to rack the slide? I always hear people saying that they installed one, so I figure I might as well too.

Also, are there any upgrades that an idiot can do to make the gun more enjoyable to shoot and just better to skirmish with?

Lastly, is it true that the 1911 is compatible with Hi-Cappa when it comes to slides and related parts?

Sorry for all this and thanks in advance.

What do recoil springs do? I assume they make recoil more crisp and nice, but does that mean it takes more gas to rack the slide? I always hear people saying that they installed one, so I figure I might as well too.

you only need stronger recoil springs when you get a heavier metal slide. otherwise it's fine as it is. some peeps, as carbine said a few posts back, even have buffers to limit slide recoil.

Also, are there any upgrades that an idiot can do to make the gun more enjoyable to shoot and just better to skirmish with?

for an idiot? nothing. one lesson i've learned the hard way is that in airsoft, tinkering with something will make something else go nutty so unless you really know what you are doing, or enjoy tinkering away till everything behaves as you want them to, it's best to let things be. besides, the TM 1911 is an excellent piece as it is -- handles well, shoots well, is reliable and durable.

Lastly, is it true that the 1911 is compatible with Hi-Cappa when it comes to slides and related parts?

afaik, mostly yes, although i have not really attempted to exchange parts between my hicapa and my 1911. others have, though :)

hope that helps,

ok i got my 1911 today, i love it, but when i fire it, it empties the mag fine but won't lock back after its emptied the mag. it just continues to cycle before half locking back and venting all the gas in the mag (it does it on both mags i have bought). now i use 134a gas, i'm a bit frightened of using green since i dont' want to hurt the gun.

do you think if i use green it will lock back? or is there a problem with the gun?

Hi Capa vs. 1911:

COMPATIBLE: triggers, hammers, inner barrels, hop up rubber, loading nozzle, piston head, hi flow valves.

NOT COMPATIBLE: outer barrels, recoil rods, magazines, sights, mag wells, sears.

Does this mean that Hi-capa slides won't fit a TM 1911? I've had my eye on a nice springfield slide for my TM 1911, but I'm not sure if it will go on. If they are, could I just swap over all the internals parts from the 1911 slide to the hi-capa one?

*edit: Does a lot of gas get released from the mag, or just a little? I find that GBB mags do usually tend to fart out their last bit of gas at the end of a fill, and usually do so with the slide half-heartedly moving backwards first. TM guns, btw, run fine on green.

If you want to swap to a Hi Capa slide, I suggest you find the Tanio Koba slide spacer, as well as some sort of Hi Capa (5.1) rear sight. You will need that. The blowback unit will drop in, but might require some fitting, depending on what slide you buy.

Ok im going to get a TM M1911 and it will my the first GBB that im going to put in a metal slide and i was looking at the Guarder Aluminum Slide & Frame(the one that says "springfeild armory") so how hard are those mods to do to it to do? and also is it made of cheap metal?Also is there any WA slides thats compatable with the TM?

The kit is not terrible to fit, but you do need to modify the blowback chamber. Also there can be clearance issues with the blowback unit to the lower. The metal is pretty good, the trades are clear, but nowhere near as nice as the PGC kit. I would really suggest that one over the Guarder, even with the higher price. It is a better kit.

No WA slide is going to fit the TM. The internals are completely different.

Archived