Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those of you who have Guarder metal kits; how deep are the trades engraved? I'm looking to get the Guarder SA kit and bead blast it, but if the trades are not that deep to begin with, I'm not going to even bother.

I know this is not a pic thread but for you here's some pics, and sorry for the crapy pic. I know you can't see them, but the trades on the Guarder kits are realy deep.

IM000654-1.jpg

IM000655-1.jpg

Oh and does anyone have the Creation kit if so, how is it? I'm planning to get another 1911 but I'm not sure which to go with next the PGC or the Creation kit, it looks like the Creation one has the right color going, check it out. RW doesn't have the whole kit, but I've seen other places that have them.

Does anyone know where I can find a Nine Ball Silver outer barrel? They seem to be out of stock everywhere.

Also Is there any other place that carries the PDI Long spring Guide Set, and Silver barrel bushing besides X-Fire? They are out of stock at the moment.

I've had my TM M1911 for a couple months now and I want to buy some goodies for it.

I'm using GG and .25 Excel bios. I wanted to get some expert opinions on upgrades.

Below are the ones I targeted as the best improvement for the price. If there are some

others that are better or I should consider please advise. Thanks guys for any advice.

PDI 6" barrel

Nine Ball air seal

Nine Ball piston head w/spring (or w/o the spring, what does it do?)

I was also wondering about this one:

Nine Ball Recoil Guide Rod w/bearings. (what will this one do?)

Indeed, stock barrel length is 4.5", definately not 6".

The spring that comes with the Nine Ball piston head replaces the stock spring inside the loading nozzle. It delays the movement of the gas valve inside the loading nozzle that redirects gas from the inner barrel to the blowback engine, so more gas goes into pushing the BB out of the barrel and less gas goes to blowing the slide back. No idea how well it actually works, though.

A recoil spring guide with bearings should improve the blowback slightly by allowing the recoil spring to rotate instead of bind.

Easiest way to improve accuracy and range in a GBB is to use heavier BBs, due to the way GBBs work. I personally use 0.30g, though I'm probably going to switch to 0.28g for logistical reasons.

I think you should read more on GBBs before doing anything to your gun, rhines. There's a very good pictoral guide on gas guns in the articles section. No point in getting the parts if you don't know what they're for, you might as well learn about them.

Does anyone know where I can find a Nine Ball Silver outer barrel? They seem to be out of stock everywhere.

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=21367

The Saint: The floating valve spring doesn't reduce the amout of gas used for blowing the slide back, because that amount is determined by the slide movement. So instead of affecting the gas "balance", the spring increases the gas consumption for increased power. Personally I like this approach more than high flow valves, because there's no need for increased blowback if you just want some more power. Additionally, you can change the floating valve itself to another design to adjust the output.

I second the BB weight argument. I use 0.30 gram BBs in my TM Glock 17, and the people at the local club call me "Alpha King" for shooting A-hits 90% of the time.

-Sale

Well i picked it up today and it worked flawlessly. Gun cycled great and smooter than when the slide was on the WE. I did put the tm hopup unit and tight bore barrel into the WE however... it seemed to be nicer made and had the pin to hold the spring guide in place where the WE doesnt

This question has been asked before but it didn't really get answered.

What other options are out there for a metal rear sight besides the one thats included with the PGC DX kit and the one that comes with the PGC outer?

apparently a real sight is the only other option.

Can I ask what is so important with having another sight? (apart from it being a different colour?)

apparently a real sight is the only other option.

Can I ask what is so important with having another sight? (apart from it being a different colour?)

I need a metal one to bead blast to match a silver gun I'm planning on building. If I cant find the sight alone I'm just gong have to buy the PGC outer. Which actually isn't a big deal, but since I already bought the nine ball silver outer I rather not spend the extra money if I don't have to.

true true..

well.. You are in the land that made the 1911... (against crazy phillipinos from memory) so why not rock up to a liquor shop/gun shop/drive through.. and get one or two? :D

I need a metal one to bead blast to match a silver gun I'm planning on building. If I cant find the sight alone I'm just gong have to buy the PGC outer. Which actually isn't a big deal, but since I already bought the nine ball silver outer I rather not spend the extra money if I don't have to.

I ended up buying a PGC outer and rear sight, the I was forced to get the DX kit...so I ended up with two outers and two rear sights. :huh:

it's not a very good idea to totally bead blast the sights on your 1911, they'd be useless for target acquisition.. unless you painted the user-facing side of each sight, or planted small black dots akin to the white spots on novaks.

The black dots sound like a good idea, but I'm not even clost to that point yet. I still have to locate the sight.

Does anyone here have an SD 5.1 barrel installed on their 1911? If so is the SD 5.1 barrel bushing needed, or will the 1911 bushing work fine?

Archived