Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it true that Hi-capa Chambers are compatible with the m1911?

I know some are but I want to check they all are before I go ahead and order the part!

Cheers

Wings :detective2:

EDIT: Oh and same question for Outer barrels!

EDIT No.2: Also has anyone put a Hi-capa slide on there M1911? I know how to, but I was wondering how they perform with the slide spacer?

The overall consensus seems to be that the PGC kit for the TM 1911a1 is the best on the market, would that be correct?

Also could I ask if I was to purchase this kit from a H.K. retailer, would I be able to send my gun and the kit to a U.K. retailer and pay them to install it for me?

I'm unsure if this is the "done thing" :P

If it is, does anyone have any recommendations of the best place to do this for me?

Many thanks,

Chris

The overall consensus seems to be that the PGC kit for the TM 1911a1 is the best on the market, would that be correct?

Also could I ask if I was to purchase this kit from a H.K. retailer, would I be able to send my gun and the kit to a U.K. retailer and pay them to install it for me?

I'm unsure if this is the "done thing"  :P 

If it is, does anyone have any recommendations of the best place to do this for me?

Many thanks,

Chris

To answer all your questions,

Yes, PGC makes the nicest kit, it has a great finish and deep engravings but it is much more expensive than a Guarder kit, which might be a better choice.

With many places you can send the gun, but I recommend writing them first and asking them as to avoid any legality issues. Since PGC just released a huge wave of their DX kits for the TM 1911, I suppose many retailers would do it.

Try UNCompany first.

And just to be clear, do you own a TM 1911 at the moment? If you don't it might just be cheaper to get the UNCompany Custom PGC TM 1911, which already has everything installed.

Thanks Render,

Yes, I do currently own a TM 1911.

Cost isn't really an issue. I am looking for more of a collection piece, so it sounds like PGC is the way to go.

I was really looking for a UK retailer to do the work. I'm sure it would be much less hassle.

Chris

To answer all your questions,

Yes, PGC makes the nicest kit, it has a great finish and deep engravings but it is much more expensive than a Guarder kit, which might be a better choice.

With many places you can send the gun, but I recommend writing them first and asking them as to avoid any legality issues.  Since PGC just released a huge wave of their DX kits for the TM 1911, I suppose many retailers would do it. 

Try UNCompany first.

And just to be clear, do you own a TM 1911 at the moment?  If you don't it might just be cheaper to get the UNCompany Custom PGC TM 1911, which already has everything installed.

the only light mounts i know of are aren't vey nice looking. There is a surefire one designed for a specific torch and a picatinny rail adaptor. If you look on cobra airsoft there is a mention of a 'Mepro light mount' for the 1911 but it's out of stock. You could always try drilling the hi-capa light mount on the 1911?

Also, for anyone who was even thinking of anodizing a guarder silver kit, don't bother, just got word back that it's not 100% aluminium, it's a alu-zinc alloy. =(

Archived