Tokyo Marui M1911-A1 Thread

Fuser

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to fit a silencer on my Unco PGC dx TM 1911 , is the PDI Silencer adaptor a good solution? It's cheap only 12,50 $ but is it reliable? Will it give no problems firing when I add a silencer on it?

Does it just fit on the outer barrel or does it need modification?

It this adaptor:

pdi-mua119p_big.jpg

Greetings from Belgium

I do have a KM Ring Hammer on my TM Delta with the stock government style grip safety, actually this is the second one I have set up like this. It works, but I would prefer a Delta Duck Tail safety or a Beaver Tail.

Tanio Koba is supposed to release new controls for the TM. Ambi safeties, beaver tail, flat msh, silver Kimber style hammer. I have a link in the News thread.

Well...the pgc delta frame kit and a few little extras arrive today for my 1911 conversion. Im still waiting on the high flow valve and chamber so cant really get started yet, but it looks daunting I can tell ya.

post-45651-1195762098_thumb.jpg

So does anyone have a full 1911 strip down guide hehe

Quick question:

If I get real steel novaks, will they fit a shooter's design hi-capa slide (Doing a hi-capa slide conversion on a 1911a1) or will I need a new dovetail cut?

And FYI: While the story that the US army got the .45 to stop the philipinos is charming and makes alot of people laugh, it's completely false. The cavalry was the dominate force at that time and they wanted a replacement for their hard to load, 5 shot (you did not carry them with all chambers loaded) colt SAA revolvers but they didn't want to give up the stopping power of the .45 colt revolver round. The .45 was designed to put a horse down with one shot, which is why the testing for the weapon was carried out on *gasp* horses and cows. The fact that it puts down drug crazed tribes and crackheads is just a nice side effect of its horse stopping power.

And FYI: While the story that the US army got the .45 to stop the philipinos is charming and makes alot of people laugh, it's completely false. The cavalry was the dominate force at that time and they wanted a replacement for their hard to load, 5 shot (you did not carry them with all chambers loaded) colt SAA revolvers but they didn't want to give up the stopping power of the .45 colt revolver round. The .45 was designed to put a horse down with one shot, which is why the testing for the weapon was carried out on *gasp* horses and cows. The fact that it puts down drug crazed tribes and crackheads is just a nice side effect of its horse stopping power.

a little OT . . .

first, a correction -- it's Filipino, and the national language is Pilipino. but flip is cool too ;)

second: got any reference to back up that horse thing, bro? linky? book? anecdote? a lesson taught in school?

it may be useful to note that the cavalry was not as effective in the wilds of Mindanao as it was in the plains of the you ess of aye so the dominance of the cavalry in the Philippine Campaign is quite debatable :unsure:

i could also elaborate on how unfunny it is to face the huramentados of that time but it may be better to just think of the suicide bombers of today -- the two are of the same faith and both expect to gain paradise with their actions.

cheers,

zT: :assassin:

Source for horses vs moros (name of the tribesmen in the Philippines) is Gun Digest Book of the 1911: Volume 1 by Patrick Sweeney. Pages 12-13 to be exact. If you're at all interested in the history and current production of the 1911, both volumes are a great read.

While the cavalry was not really involved in the conflict, it bears mentioning that the sidearm of the rest of the military was the primary weapon of a cavalry man while on horseback.

There was no doubt that the 9mm round available then was a man stopper, we're still using it today and it was available in the best military sidearm of the day (previous to the 1911 of course), the 1908 luger. However, 9mm won't stop a horse in a timely manner.

Where the popular belief in the .45's origin came from is the officers writing home about how their .38 revolvers (even more anemic then in their current incarnation) were failing to stop a drugged up moros without expending all 6 shots. The british of the same time period required their officers to supply their own side arm and most chose either a .455 webly round or the huge .577

Next question, similar to the previous: What beavertail grip safeties will fit on the Marui 1911?

I chose to use a Wilson Combat drop in model. Just be sure it is cut for the notch back frame of the standard 1911, not the round back frame that the Hi Capa uses.

It takes a great deal of fitting to work. Not for the light hearted. Check the 1911 thread I just dropped a few initial pics there.

Archived