Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the review fareast.. in regards to the battery do you have one on rsov that will fit instead of the ###### one supplied?

Thanks

I don't work for www.rsov.com, so i wouldn't know. When it comes to batteries, BB's and gear box internals I buy the best out there. So I would suggest you buy a branded battery.

I'm just going to stick a tm hopup if i can,coupled with a tightbore should give a nice range and good accuracy.

Viral.

Agreed, I think it would do wonders for this weapon.

goodness, bbs sure are cheap in Japan. (I know, I was at the Akibahara Echigoya store and a bag of excel bbs cost only 800 yen, like 7 bucks)

Fareast, thank you very much for bringing this awesome review us, I'm sure the UK community is a lot more excited over this release more than anyone else but I've been eyeing a decent L85 for a while. Anyone stateside happen to know of a good place to acquire some DPM + PLCE gear? I'll start looking on Ebay right now.

goodness, bbs sure are cheap in Japan. (I know, I was at the Akibahara Echigoya store and a bag of excel bbs cost only 800 yen, like 7 bucks)

Fareast, thank you very much for bringing this awesome review us, I'm sure the UK community is a lot more excited over this release more than anyone else but I've been eyeing a decent L85 for a while. Anyone stateside happen to know of a good place to acquire some DPM + PLCE gear? I'll start looking on Ebay right now.

Unfortunately for us Brits the Brit DPM gear goes for next to nothing so people sell it overseas trying to bump up the price.Ebay would seem your best bet & if you can't pick up a sling for your gun then flecktarn.co.uk sell them new & used.Every time there's some news about the gun from fareast it sounds like a better & better deal.It's a shame they can't release the SUSAT at the same time as the gun{if they ever intend to release the Army version of the SUSAT anytime?}

When i get my gun i'll be having some nostalgic thoughts as i set it up to shoot!It will be like meeting up with an old friend again after years apart,as long as it doesn't turn into a lesson in why you never see them anymore i'll be very happy!

Edited by rolling-thunder

Our team runs DPM, but not so much the gear since it is not as functional as higher-end stuff. Having a reliable L85 option will sure be nice for us. :)

As for the pattern, flecktarn in the UK has always been a pleasure to deal with, and militarygriffin on Ebay has had stuff in the past. A better on Ebay would be to search for a seller "RQMS79".

Hahahaha, I'm recycling the BB's as this is going puts more stress on the internals

hey FarEast i probably should have done this sooner but just never actually got around to it :rolleyes: (lol sorry). . .anyways I'm pretty sure no one has asked this yet, so I was just wondering if when your doing these actual firing tests, are you doing it with the blowback on or off? also two thumbs up for the review it really is great and once the gun comes stateside, i can't wait to purchase one myself! And also lol, congratulations on your new baby boy. . .i hope you don't get offended by me saying that Taiga is a pretty badass sounding name

Yes all testing is done with the blow back operational, if it is sold with that function then it needs to work with that function.

This is why the G&G is a nonfunctioning product and i think peope that argue its still good need a reality check....you don't buy a midrange car with electric windows and except it when the dealer tells you that its best to disable it otherwise it will obliterate the engine.

Fareast, I hate you :P

I'd decided I wasnt going to buy any more guns for a while and then you go and put up this review :rolleyes:

Oh well I suppose £60 isnt too bad.

I do have a couple of questions tho,

Once you've modded the mags to fit the '85 do they still work in armalites without having to bend them back into shape?

Does the rail on the army '85 fit standard 20mm mounts? Someone mentioned that the G&G one does but it'd be good to find out from someone with the army version.

Fareast I know you've said your going to chrono this gun alot and you must be really annoyed with people reppetatively asking. But can I know the FPS?

If you've already said the FPS I must of missed it sorry.

Still, I'd just like to know the FPS, that's what's holding me back from buying this gun, everything you've said so far makes me cry over the fact I DONT have it now... Just wanna make sure it's actually gunna fire the BBs at some decent pace. Cheers mate, FABULOUS REVIEW!

Fareast I know you've said your going to chrono this gun alot and you must be really annoyed with people reppetatively asking. But can I know the FPS?

If you've already said the FPS I must of missed it sorry.

Still, I'd just like to know the FPS, that's what's holding me back from buying this gun, everything you've said so far makes me cry over the fact I DONT have it now... Just wanna make sure it's actually gunna fire the BBs at some decent pace. Cheers mate, FABULOUS REVIEW!

pime example of why you should read the thread

It looks really good. I am going to have to order myself one, might wait untill it's on general sale first, so I can read feed back from others as well. Thanks for the great review FarEast.

The FPS sounds quite good, as it means no down grading is needed.