Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

The price of postage seems very high but this is only due to the low price of the gun, remember just a few months ago when we were buying Star SA80's for £350, then £38 p&p seemed ok, but when the gun is £59 suddenly £38 p&p is massive.

Same gun, same weight, just one if a hell of a lot cheaper making p&p look off the scale. Unfortunately just because the gun costs less, it doesn't make the postal service feel like giving us a discount ;)

As for buying in the UK it's the same as it's always been. You pay more but you get a easier to deal with Warranty, rather than having to send all the way back to HK.

To be honest when a gun only costs £90 including p&p I'm not bothered about Warranty. So I always by from RSOV (he's got the best customer service I've come across of any online retailer:) )

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those that are buying these from RSOV for other people you might be pleased to know the more you buy the cheaper the postage will work out.

So if your a team buying in bulk you will get them cheaper:

Reply from the fantastic Kieth at RSOV after I asked him how much for 3:

The postage of the R85 is GBP41 to U.K. (parcel post 6-10 days) or GBP48 (global express EMS 3-4 days).

The combined shipment for 3 x R85 is GBP90 (6-10 days) or GBP110 (EMS 3-4 days)

Thanks again let me know if you need any further info :-)

keith

www.rsov.com

===========

Also remember to take duty and VAT into account.

Buy individually from HK and you may manage to get past customs.

As a large importer, I doubt companies like action hobbys can get away with that.

Hmm Customs seem to like me... I did a £300 order a while back and no VAT or 'Customs Charges'. What actually happens when they do catch a parcel? Send you a letter demanding money?

Back to the R85, I wonder why ARMY didnt make it shoot around 1j (328fps) as making this skirmishable will now involve opening it up...

as making this skirmishable will now involve opening it up...

no it wont. i know plenty of people who are fully capable of skirmishing with stock TM guns, putting about about 280 fps. and they are ALWAYS far better players than the ones that rely on upgrades to get kills.

as somebody else said, you could stick a tightbore in it, a 20 minute job at most, not difficult, and it will apparently be an awesome gun. you dont need to put a bigger spring in it unless the sites you play at our playing above the legal limit.

Hmm Customs seem to like me... I did a £300 order a while back and no VAT or 'Customs Charges'. What actually happens when they do catch a parcel? Send you a letter demanding money?

Back to the R85, I wonder why ARMY didnt make it shoot around 1j (328fps) as making this skirmishable will now involve opening it up...

i got a letter about a year later demanding £40 import duties on my last HK order.

and i dont see why opening it up should be a problem, its an easy gearbox design, to change the spring is all you'd need to do so all you need to do is open the top half of the box... and the spring/piston etc is the easy part to change

They charge the mail company ( parcelforce I believe from experience), if it is parcelforce they then send you a letter asking you to pay the customs charge plus 20 quid to cover their costs, once that is paid you can get it delivered as you wish (to your house, for free, to your local post office for 50 pence, alternative site for 5.50 or saturday delivery for 30).

You can pay the customs fee online if it's parcelforce but they use a different reference number which may not be on their tracking page.

fareast will the star sa80 grenade launcher fit on the army r85??

this is it sa80 granade launcher

Erm yeah If i give you my address you buy it....send me it and i will see if it fits then tell you....ok?

Well so far it's probably had around 16,000 - 20,000 rounds through it, one failure so far and that is the bolt on the ejector port, due to my daughter knocking the gun off the table and it snapping off. Gun works fine, blow back action still works....one smacked bum.(The bolt was working it's self lose though)

The bolt is probably the weakest part of the gun guys, the design there is slightly floored and I will be modifiying mine.

Right now the bolt is connected to a peice of metal tubing that in turn is welded to the ejector port, as the gun cycles or as you cock the weapon, drop it or catch it against things the weld slowly breaks away.

(remember that this has had around 20,000 rounds through it alread and most of the guns I actually skirmish with and over 3 years old still haven't had that amount of rounds through them! )

What I am going to do is drill out wear the bolt has torn off and then fabricate my own peice that is welded to the other side of the ejector port (anyone who owns the STAR version will realise where this idea came from.)