Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The plastic cover at the rear is too long and needs to be trimmed or gets caught when you pul the bolt fully back (as said by flanker tanker)

If its designed to be realistick this should be fliped down like when in use, on the reel steel its there to stop dirt getting into the chamber, so you will rarely have it in the normal postion if your out in a firefight.

atc001

Edited by atc001
If its designed to be realistick this should be fliped down like when in use, on the reel steel its there to stop dirt getting into the chamber, so you will rarely have it in the normal postion if your out in a firefight.

atc001

I think they mean that its slightly too big, meaning that it cannot flip down, when the bolt is drawn back, as per the Real Steel L85. A quick 2 mins with a scapel will cure this so nobody should lose any sleep over it.

Now the cocking handle falling off.... thats a different matter! :blink:

Edited by nickberry66

I cancelled my order with RSOV and switched instead to Airsoft World. Initially I was kicking myself at my decision but after seeing the below on Airsoft World's site I'm not so sure now;

Update 09/07/2007: Last week a large HK wholesaler who supply the HK retailers has forced the AA factory to rush release their order. Although the AA factory were not happy to do so, they did so through fear of losing this large order and suffering the financial consequences. These L85's have not been properly reworked and are inferior quality to those that we will be supplying. Be warned! We have had several calls from purchasers who have just received them; bits are falling off, the blowback is not working on some and a couple have serious wiring issues. We will only have the fully reworked version which obviously takes a little longer to leave the factory.

I don't know WHAT to think. :blink:

Edited by burning_ghost
I cancelled my order with RSOV and switched instead to Airsoft World. Initially I was kicking myself at my decision but after seeing the below on Airsoft World's site I'm not so sure now;

Update 09/07/2007: Last week a large HK wholesaler who supply the HK retailers has forced the AA factory to rush release their order. Although the AA factory were not happy to do so, they did so through fear of losing this large order and suffering the financial consequences. These L85's have not been properly reworked and are inferior quality to those that we will be supplying. Be warned! We have had several calls from purchasers who have just received them; bits are falling off, the blowback is not working on some and a couple have serious wiring issues. We will only have the fully reworked version which obviously takes a little longer to leave the factory.

I don't know WHAT to think.  :blink:

Sounds like spin to me. If the guns were that bad they wouldn't be sent. And besides they come with 12 month warranties from UK retailers. (I mean this in referance to LWA not RSOV)

Edited by Freypal
My R85 from RSOV has landed and is on route to the delivery depot.

i'm going to be a happy bunny tomorrow by the looks of it :)

GRRRR :angry: To say I am jealous is a gross understatement!!

So come on then - have you got it yet? Pics? Any problems? Has the cocking handle fallen off :P

I have ordered mine thru LWA but I think that Customs and Excise want to have a wee skirmish with them before they can confirm they are not real rifles and send tham on!! :flamethrower::gun2::gun2::rocket:

its here :)

very nice, evertyhing works as it should, dust cover flips down when you cock it.

cocking handle looks like it has been beefed up a bit. it also has a hole for a grub screw to stop it unscrewing but mine is missing :(.

also the fake gas tube / rod is not in mine. wether that is a change they have made i dont know but i have pm'd keith so will let you know.

overall, well worth the money and the wait :)

its here :)

very nice, evertyhing works as it should, dust cover flips down when you cock it.

cocking handle looks like it has been beefed up a bit. it also has a hole for a grub screw to stop it unscrewing but mine is missing :(.

also the fake gas tube / rod is not in mine. wether that is a change they have made i dont know but i have pm'd keith so will let you know.

overall, well worth the money and the wait :)

Hey bro

Happy to know the R85 arrived so soon and you like it :-)

Sorry for the missing fake gas tube don't worry I will take it back from the factory and send it to you then with no problem.

Also please send me pics showing the missing grub screw I will get it too.

We will test all our products before ship to make sure they are not D.O.A. and you will then be a happy bunny :-)

thanks a lot for everything bro and let me know if we can be of any further assist :-)

keith

www.rsov.com

According to the tracker

Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point

7-Jul-2007 17:01 Pick Up Service

Date # Location Delivery Status

7-Jul-2007 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.

7-Jul-2007 Hong Kong Processed for departure.

7-Jul-2007 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 8-Jul-2007

7-Jul-2007 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 8-Jul-2007

9-Jul-2007 United Kingdom Arrived and is being processed.

9-Jul-2007 United Kingdom Pending customs inspection.

I tend not to believe trackers other than to use them as a guide for when to not go out.I'm half expecting the gun tomorrow with much gloating & gun fondling going on when i recieve it.

Glad to see what i heard has been backed up by AW - i heard it through a couple of mates in hong kong and they have the same wait as us for these.

I doubt the ones from RSOVand LWA will be duff as they were supposed to land 4 weeks ago and as the AW and AA ones were supposed to land last week it makes sense theyre a month behind.

fingers crossed everyone gets a working quality gun. For now im looking to get a new pistol... maybe a WA 1911 or a glock any suggestions ? my beretta has seen better days :(

a few pics :) i put my webtex SA80 sling on :)

and one for keith :)

hey bro

Great thanks for the pics and will strip the missing parts from another sellable gun and ship to you then. That's what we call 'customer service' and ' after-sales service' right ? lol !!!

keith

www.rsov.com

Starting to get a bit twitchy about this. Surely, missing screws, gas tubes and the issues raised causing a six week delay on delivery doesn't speek very highly of Army's quality control!! Trouble is, I want this soooo much!!!! Not sure whether to stick it out and sort any problems out with Airsoft Worlds warranty. Anyone else feeling this way?? :(

Sounds like spin to me. If the guns were that bad they wouldn't be sent. And besides they come with 12 month warranties from UK retailers. (I mean this in referance to LWA not RSOV)

I did the same, and TBH I am kicking myself somewhat, also I ordered an hour or so before they put up a notice saying they'd sold out the original 100 so I don't know if my pre-order got through in time , they've taken the cash so it'd better, or at least be the same price as I've paid for (and I paid for saturday delivery as well). Unfortuantly they aren't answering e:mails but given the notices they've put up I've not yet got around to ringing them up to find out whether my order will come from the 1st stock of 100 or the 2nd stock.

It's a shame since airsoft scotland now world has been an excellent seller over all but I guess they've been rather flooded with e:mails re:the R85.

Update: Have recieved email from airsoft world confirming order and price cheers guys :)

Edited by greebo_Brat

I think I'll wait a bit before ordering mine to make sure they get everything worked out. I'm intrigued if it indeed does come with a mini battery now, which would mean they swapped out the connectors on the gun. All the better, though, since an IB 8.4v is only $20 compared to $45 for a custom one.