Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

I wasn't planning on going home this weekend but since my R85 has just turned up I think I might have to! and no customs charges for a change either bonus.

To all the people getting the 7.2v batteries-the only thing to look out for is to make sure they have a high discharge current i.e 35A or 50A (A=amp) like the ones here or it won`t give you enough current to turn the motor over.

Great link neo and to think I paid a small fortune for my 12V battery from the states to :angry:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little confused here with all this talk about 7.2 volt batts. Am I right in thinking that fitting a lower voltage batt will reduce the rate of fire but will not affect fps and will fix the problem with the semi auto mis fire? Or have I got it completely wrong?

Right and wrong!

It will reduce the rate of fire which in turn will reduce the chance of the gears stripping because of the piston and sector gear meeting in the wrong timing.No it won`t affect FPS because the spring dictates FPS.

I don`t think a different voltage battery would sort any problems with misfireing.As far as I am aware no-one has had any problems with misfireing.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. The mis fire does seem to be a common problem that can be easily fixed by switching to auto, firing off a couple of shots and then flipping back so semi. I was wondering if anyone has found a permanent fix for this yet?

OH-THAT mis-fireing problem :blush:

Sorry to be so dense..

Well my r85a1 has been dispatched woo yay! Any how Is there any where i can get the manual in English as I guess its in the wrong language.

Also do I just coat the gun in silicon oil with a old rag and it will keep the gun nice and fresh. will it rub in or will i have to wipe the oil off each time i use it.

If I was you, judging by the tales of water and rust, I'd suggest giving the gun a good spray with silicone oil and then wiping it off and storing it somewhere dry.

In normal use you don't really need to lube much besides the hop-up. The more lube is on the gun, the more fluff and crud you'll get stuck to it.

Well my r85a1 has been dispatched woo yay! Any how Is there any where i can get the manual in English as I guess its in the wrong language.

Also do I just coat the gun in silicon oil with a old rag and it will keep the gun nice and fresh. will it rub in or will i have to wipe the oil off each time i use it.

Nope manual is in English too. Easy to understand too, the translation isnt that bad

Righty o' after yet more take downs and reassembles I have found that my problem is that the piston is getting stuck back after the first shot, and I have not got a clue why, any ideas? And I lost the bloody spring for the blowback! Good news is it should feed now, if only I could fire the bloody thing and try it...

The R85 the best £100 paper weight I've ever owned... :(;)

Edited by -Turner-
Righty o' after yet more take downs and reassembles I have found that my problem is that the piston is getting stuck back  after the first shot, and I have not got a clue why, any ideas? And I lost the bloody spring for the blowback! Good news is it should feed now, if only I could fire the bloody thing and try it...

The R85 the best £100 paper weight I've ever owned... :(  ;)

hey bro

Don't worry if you bought the R85A1 from www.rsov.com we will supply the replacement parts to you to fix the gun. Although we are located in hong kong and not able to provide 12-months door to door service to your guns we will sure do our best to work with you to resolve any problem :D

keith

i was really looking forward to this gun, but it doesnt seem like it has came to be as good as FarEast's... actually, i know FarEast isn't posting on here but i read on another forum that his indeed also did break too... i cant have that since im such a noob to gun internals, i only will break into a gun if there is a problem, otherwise i keep it stock..

so instead i think i am going for a src aks74 un.. those seem more noob friendly :)

i was really looking forward to this gun, but it doesnt seem like it has came to be as good as FarEast's... actually, i know FarEast isn't posting on here but i read on another forum that his indeed also did break too... i cant have that since im such a noob to gun internals, i only will break into a gun if there is a problem, otherwise i keep it stock..

so instead i think i am going for a src aks74 un.. those seem more noob friendly :)

hey bro

No problem just let me know I will go down the street to get you one :-)

keith

i have a question about this gun, the infamous blowback.....

Does it actually make the gun "Feel" good when firing or is it really just cosmetic?

Is there any way to strengthen it so you can use it all the time without having to lock it back to stop it breaking?

Does it actually make the gun "Feel" good when firing or is it really just cosmetic?

Is there any way to strengthen it so you can use it all the time without having to lock it back to stop it breaking?

Blowback isn't as harsh as the real recoil but when you are looking through the Iron Sights the sights are moving as the bolt goes forwards & back & out of the corner of your eye you can see the bolt reciprocating.From memory on the real thing the bolt move a lot faster but that's to be expected.

i'd also make more noise. noisy full auto GBBs get people's heads down, i recon this could do something similar