Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

kool what do i need to get to fix the piston problem?

Have you actually read any posts?

You can fit a replacement 18 tooth piston which will no doubt fail again or make the necessary changes to fit a regular 16 tooth piston. If you want to know how read this thread I only mentioned it about 8 posts ago.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone tell me where i can get a star rail, or a detailed explanation on reducing the current rail, i want to know this so i can stick a susat on mine

Ah another one guilty of not reading all the tread :P

You can easily make the Star SUSAT fit on a 20mm rail.

All you need to do is remove the rail from the gun, turn it over and sandpaper the underneath of the V of the rail.

Only takes about 5 minutes.

The Star SUSAT is $99 in HK, plus about $20 shipping. A bit easier to swallow than a hundred-odd quid.

It took me a couple of mins to find but I knew i'd seen it on here somewhere!

Iv never used pay pal before so im not really sure on how to use it (if i need to move money into the paypal account from the bank account registered to it, or if the money just gets take strait out of the bank account registered to my paypal) but iv sent an Email to action hobby asking if they have any in stock.

If i dont need to verify my account il be ordering from rsov on the double..... could someone verify that i don't need to verify, if u know what i mean.

Edited by adam888888

I ran into a problem when installing a spacer-kit from redwolf. I am one of those that like the TM pistons in ~300 fps guns. But the Army R85 upper gearbox is simply to wide for TM pistons, the piston doesn't engage both rails properly, and one side is able to rotate.

Looks a little like this:

r85.JPG

I used the Madbull piston, which is slightly wider, and it seems to work, but my question is: Is this a problem with the Army gearbox, or is it a problem with the G&G gearbox to?

I fear that even slight wear on the piston guide rails might cause the piston to twist, and cause a problem, so does anyone have any good ideas on how to fix this?

(The stock R85 piston is 21.95mm wide at the guide-rails, the TM piston is 21.7mm wide. I forgot to measure the madbull piston before installing it, but it seems to be slightly wider than the stock R85 piston.)

On a side note: I didn't shoot the R85 before opening it, to reshim and install the Redwolf-spacer. When I pulled out the gearbox, I noticed that the bevel gear was coated with a metallic-looking greasy substance. This was explained when I opened the gearbox, as the pinion gear had gouged a rather large piece of metal from the gearbox shell, and ground it into the geargrease, making a metallic paste. There was also some visible damage to the pinion and bevel gear.

I cleaned the gearbox, replaced the bevel gear with another xyt-bevel and 16 tooth sector gear, and installed a TM EG1000 motor, and shimmed and lubricated the gears. Now, the gearbox sounds really nice, has insane ROF with a 9.6 volt battery, and no problems so far, running a stock TM spring.

the money gets taken from the account its given but if you wanted to you can put money into a pay pal account as it were but for the most part it will jsut take money from your bank account you gave it. verifying is easy they jsut ring your phone and thats it as i recall.

the money gets taken from the account its given  but if you wanted to you can put money into a pay pal account as it were but for the most part it will jsut take money from your bank account you gave it. verifying is easy they jsut ring your phone and thats it as i recall.

it either takes the cash directly from your bank account, or you can register a credit/debit card and use that

"This transaction amount is greater than your available PayPal balance." i tried placing the order and paypal refused, i know i have more money then is required in my bank, it maybe because it isn't verified :(

*edit*

sry for going abit off topic

Edited by adam888888
I ran into a problem when installing a spacer-kit from redwolf. I am one of those that like the TM pistons in ~300 fps guns. But the Army R85 upper gearbox is simply to wide for TM pistons, the piston doesn't engage both rails properly, and one side is able to rotate.

Hmm, that sucks.. Hopefully it's something just with that single mechabox. I have ordered three special (custom) pistons for the R85, that would be a serious problem if they didn't fit...

You need to register a credit/debit card on PayPal if you want to pay directly, without the need to first upload money to paypal.

Really? then why has it been messing me around, asking to verify my bank account by finding out the value of 2 small deposits to my bank, totaling less then 1 GBP and entering them into the website.

"This transaction amount is greater than your available PayPal balance." i tried placing the order and paypal refused, i know i have more money then is required in my bank, it maybe because it isn't verified :(

*edit*

sry for going abit off topic

Yes its sounds about right. It might be that you have reached your spending limits. Go check the limits on your account. If you have reached your limit you will either have to wait till it is renewed (God knows when) or verify the account.

That's the Expanded Use Enrollment. And you are right, if you have just registered on PayPal then you need to go through this. Well actually, you can pay with paypal if you don't do this but there is a limit (500$??).

I don't have any bank account registered with PayPal, just my debit card...

Is there a limit to how much you can spend (my order is around the 250 GBP mark) if u just use your debit card? because i would prefer to do this rather having to verify bank accounts and stuff.

You can try to add your debit card, but there is a PayPal spending limit and you will need to complete the Expanded Use Enrollment to get rid of the limit.PayPal will charge you 1-2$ from your card and you will then use the transaction number as the code. But it takes 2-3 days until PayPal charges this ammount from your bank.

There is also a bank limit for debit/credit cards, you would have to ask your bank but I am pretty sure it's more than you would like to spend...

finally got a reply from rsov they will ship put parts asap.. in the meant time here is some more pictures of the broken parts the plate is bent (ala pic one) and there is no hook bits (i was told there should be) for me to hook the wires behind) I think i'm going to have to spend a fair old bit of time and money on this also there is a hook thing in the top half in grease. no idea what its from its really annoying as when i brought the gun i thought i would be able to use it right off but instead i need to spend ages fixing it even though its meant to be brand new. really annoying.

picture021wo6.jpg

I figured out where the small latch type thing came from it was on other part of gun must be some thing to do with blow back and how i put it back where its meant to go but nothing holding it in place.. also on this picture if you look along the bottom of the gun that metal just sticking up very slightly on the bottom right thats the blow back plate it catches any one have any ideas how I can bend it back (remove it and hammer it back into shape?)

picture022pl4.jpg

no wire holders on the bottom of the gun! its no biggie though wires just stuff in there

Sorry for rant but I'm just a little fed up when i buy a brand new gun in shouldn't have to go through all this faffle to use it..

any ideas how to bend it back (I have an idea how to reattach the cocking handle so i can use it on my skirm (super super glue!) but I need to bend the metal back so any ideas would be great as i cant install new parts till they get here..

After having a good look about i also figured out wy the blow back stopped working the spring is not holding in the blowback plate this will no doubt be fixed when i get my replacement but i'll see about fixing it when i do a full take down and attempt to bend the plate to its correct position for my skirm (only has to last that day then i have a few months before my next skirm.

Thanks for your patients and help.

Remove the blowback for the skirmish - it won't help you in the fight either ;) .

As for the small hook, it goes here:

blowbackgm7.jpg

There must be also a tiny spring which goes between the hook and the metal part. It's held in place just by tons of grease. Notice the small red circle - there is a screw on the side, if you take out the screw then you can slide the whole blowback out and trash it :) , don't forget to put the screw back.

Your picture is very blurred but I think I see the bent blowback plate. There are very small tolerances between the plate and the side of the mechabox - I don't think you would be able to repair it with a hammer. Wait for the new part from RSOV, disable the blowback in the mean time.

It's a copy of the G&G gun, everybody who ownes will tell you that the blowback is just a joke. The Army one is the same, because it's an exact copy.I have played some games with the gun and the blowback disabled, and I didn't miss the "blowback" for a second...

firstly thats £150 from fire support compares to the £100 every where else.

and that sucks i didn't find any grease but i did put that hook back where you said came across no greased up spring though does that mean my blow back it broken for good? :( sorry about the blurred but i was using my webcam as my batteries are dead on my digicamara and it takes ages to charge them up. if you want i can do more pics in high qlty.

in the mean time can I use the gun in the condition its in then?

also where can i get a replacement spring as i want to keep the blowback as an option. at the moment the blow back isnt working because the blow back spring (the thing thats connected to the plate ) is not connected to the plate and so doesn't move it.