Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

Um well i was thinking bout getting one of these...... The average Fps is about 330 fps....

Oh whats the average accuracy on this thing? you said about 15m but you didn't really get to do much testing.

lol i guess it was raining when you took those pictures....

Edited by Gergify
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you your the first person to give me some sort of response in 2 pages so the reason my spring is not holding in place is due to grease? AWESOME! how else can i get it to hold in place but because the grease I have is not think enough to hold i in place only lube it up.

any other suggestions (I still need to be able to take it aprt so no glue) could tape do it some how? any one thanks a lot you have made my day! huzzah a response!

*edit* can any one recommend a grease I can buy to put on?

Edited by Subb0
:D Well,it has finally arrived from Airsoftworld!!!! I have to say that visually, it is fabulous!!! Fit and finish is superb!!!! Accepts Start 2 hicaps and Star lowcaps without modifications and fed a mag of each flawlessly!!!! Does have the first semi shot missfire when changing from full auto. Pity the box was changed, I rather liked the look of the Union Jack box. However, for £107.63 delivered. Bargain of the century!!!!!!!!! Am I pleased? HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roll on the 2nd Sept for first skirmish!! :D
How essential is the new sector gear, piston and piston head? I have disabled the blowback and tinkered inside. Has anyone experienced the piston breaking on the R85 or is it just people being cautious because it breaks on the G&G?

I know for fact that the semi-auto/ auto switch doesn't work well but it won't break, will it?

It broke after a few hunders shots on one of three guns we have. The two are running fine after about 3000 shots. The hopup doesn't really work - adjusting doesn't have real impact on the accuracy. I bought a systema hopup bucking, I will test it in a few days - I am going to change out the whole hopup chamber if it doesn't help.

We are replacing the pistons and sector gears on all three guns, to make the gun more reliable and to be able to use standard parts. Blowback is disabled on all three guns.

Has anyone found a scope riser that will fit the standard top rail? i.e. something like these http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Mounts___Rings.html

for something like this http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Red_Dot_scopes.html (3rd one down is closest to mine)

I ask because I'm planning to order a r85 really soon and I'd really like to mount my red dot (don't like the silly upturned nail thing in the susat and i cant afford one anyway)

I'm under the impression that a ris clamp effort would go straight on to the top rail assuming it was wide enough but I could be totally wrong I guess.

Any help would be much apreciated ;)

Has anyone found a scope riser that will fit the standard top rail? i.e. something like these http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Mounts___Rings.html

for something like this http://www.airsoftscotland.com/acatalog/Red_Dot_scopes.html (3rd one down is closest to mine)

I ask because I'm planning to order a r85 really soon and I'd really like to mount my red dot (don't like the silly upturned nail thing in the susat and i cant afford one anyway)

I'm under the impression that a ris clamp effort would go straight on to the top rail assuming it was wide enough but I could be totally wrong I guess.

Any help would be much apreciated  ;)

Try this. :)

Edited by Neotheone
I slapped a load of really think grease in the spring (both male and female parts) and it stilll does not stay in place any other ideas? can rsov send me a replacement part as its been broken since i had it o at least tell me what its meant to look like.

i think you talking about the spring that pulls the whole blowback plate back into the forward position?

if so then there is a little grub screw that holds the spring rod into the bolt plate.

insert the rod into the plate and tighten down the little grub screw.

if you have trouble pm me and i will try and go through it in a bit more detail ?

i think you talking about the spring that pulls the whole blowback plate back into the forward position?

if so then there is a little grub screw that holds the spring rod into the bolt plate.

insert the rod into the plate and tighten down the little grub screw.

if you have trouble pm me and i will try and go through it in a bit more detail ?

I never had a grub screw I can see where it goes and thought there might be but it wasn't in there when I had the gun. i'll pm you - Thanks

I got mine through the post the other day, and it's very nice, I am very impressed with it's soid feel, the bolt looks ace when it moves, am charging the battery at the moment, might even be able to use it this sunday.

Check all screw & thread lock them.Y'know it will be worth it in the end?

Damn!! My piston just failed 8 hours before skirmish :( . My 16 tooth piston hasn't arrived yet, so I can forget that skirmish.. this sucks.

The piston didn't brake into parts but the first tooth (the long one) is grind away, so that the sector gear can't get a grip on the piston. I'll take pictures tomorrow.

Two guns of three have broken pistons. Replacement parts ETA coming week - I'll let you know how they work.

Thats for the star though, are you sure it will fit on the 20mm rail the R85 uses?

FYI the real carry handle and front sight do not fit on the R85, the dovetail rail is too wide (20mm as opposed to 19mm) and the gas block mount for the front sight is to narrow. Thats a shame really.

It would be nice if they did aftermarket kits to replace the 20mm dovetail with a 19mm dovetail, save filing down the original, the supplied carry handle looks nice but the sights dont click over as nicely as the real ones do, also a quick way to make the rifle look used.

Edited by greebo_Brat
So is it a good gun? Where i can know, whether or not it is the new version?

Which problems has the r85?

airsoftler the answers are all in this thread,it makes interesting reading & you will take far more information in & retain it if you read it for yourself.

I think you will find that the current releases from AA are the new type R85 as for the problems,they are many & varied & not all from the same gun.Differant guns have differant problems,that having been said i've had very few problems with my Gun & the ones i have had have either been sorted{gas affected parts missing & then new ones sent to replace them}BBs falling out of the barrel when the muzzle was lowered{now stopped after 2500 rounds} B)

Edited by rolling-thunder

Mine just arrived today from Uncompany.

Wonder if anyone has attacked the magazine problem from a gun point of view and not modding the magazines? I read every post of all 45 pages of this thread and did not see that posted.

I have dozens of mags that all work flawlessly in my 4 other stanag guns (various models) so I will not be modding my mags for this gun as much as I love it. But other than the one that came with it, which fits nicely, not one of my other mags so much as pretends to stay up in the gun, they all fall out the moment I let go. I am seating them properly. If I hold them in or against the side where the mag catch is they sortof kindof stay in. What magazines are these?

Star Midcaps.................do not work

Mag Midcaps.................do not work

TM standards................do not work

CA highcaps.................do not work

ICS highcaps................do not work

Star realcaps................do not work

Magpulse lowcaps.........do not work

G&P VN midcaps...........do not work

I think I've established its not the mag's fault. Its the gun. Every mag that goes int it is looser than a ten cent ######.

So, since some people's guns work with alot of magazine brands and mine works with none of them, is it time for me to get out a vice grip and squeeze the magazine port on the gun to bend it in some? Put some duct tape inside the port to pad/tighten it? If anyone has had to mod their gun to tighten up mag fitment I would love to hear what you did to make them work.

Recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: PS - this is a minor quibble, so far I love this gun. So happy to get a british piece of kit without paying an arm and a leg. Still haven't fired it, but being a SAW owner I'm no stranger to shredding (and rebuilding) mechboxes. As long as the body is good I can handle the rest, and this body is wonderful. Really worth the hundred bucks.

Edited by Hillslam

hillslam it sounds like your gun is very unhealthy,i've put Star real caps,CA High caps & MAG Mid caps through my gun without problems.There's no reason your gun shouldn't do the same.My CA M15A4 Carbine also takes my R85 mag in return.Perhaps you should get in contact with Uncompany & tell them this isn't normal?

Edited by rolling-thunder