Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys I have an ARMY R85 in coming some time. I was wondering if this red dot would fit?

Guarder ACOG Type 1x30 Dot Sight £64.99 from Zero One. Or does any one have any better ideas?

I ordered from RSOV, if any one has not ordered from them, be prepared for a wait. They were fairly quick in posting it, Customs are rather slow. Ordered on 24AUG. Still in customs. Only received my letter on sat, that I have to sign and return. Then they work out my charge and post back to me, which I pay and then hopefully it should be delivered.

Hi Guys I have an ARMY R85 in coming some time. I was wondering if this red dot would fit?

Guarder ACOG Type 1x30 Dot Sight £64.99 from Zero One. Or does any one have any better ideas?

I ordered from RSOV, if any one has not ordered from them, be prepared for a wait. They were fairly quick in posting it, Customs are rather slow. Ordered on 24AUG. Still in customs. Only received my letter on sat, that I have to sign and return. Then they work out my charge and post back to me, which I pay and then hopefully it should be delivered.

The red dot will fit,i have a similar red dot ACOG & Aimpoint that i've tried on my gun.

You can email the details through to Customs & that will make things faster.Also track it to the Parcel Farce depot & go pick it up yourself cutting another few days off delivery time.I phoned the clearing warehouse & they gave me the final bill,add £8.50 -£13.50 for Parcel Farce charges & your sorted!

Thanks. I have my documents and my mates. Was going to fax as soon as I get to my office in the morning. Should I just phone instead?

Do U have to do any thing to get it to fit?.

It's probably easier to fax or mail the documatation over to them.I got charged on the total cost including the postage.The intial Customs fee wasn't to bad but then i got charged £13.50 because it arrived in country on a Saturday.Parcel Farce didn't do anything extra & i went to pick it up & yet i feel like i was mugged!At least i got my gun 3-4 days faster.The total i was finally charged was £33.01p.

You can just fix the sight on with no need to alter anything else other than take the R85s iron sights off.

The problem with my friends R85 turned out to be the motor, the small sector gear On the motors shaft had ground away against the bevel gear.

What motors are compatible with the R85? Do rsov sell one that could be used?

I have a motor for sale from a Classic Army armalite - you'd have to check if its compatible though as I don't know - its listed here if its any good... http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...dpost&p=1493983

Anyone got any pictures of an aimpoint or similar type or scope on these R85's? Interested to see and hear which one looks and works the best...

I've got pictures up of my Gun with an ACOG{i'll post it again :rolleyes: }

mixR856small.jpg

I don't think the Aimpoint would look as good which is why i never bothered with picture of one on my gun.

Thanks for that. I wasn't really sure what to put there, didn't want to say scope because it sounded just plain wrong and didn't want to say SUSAT because I have seen SA80's with one of those on ;) I also didn't have the time to search through the 51 pages. Thanks again for re-posting and also for doing it without flaming me :)

So, where did you source the ACOG and did you need to modify the rail at all to fit it?

Thanks for that. I wasn't really sure what to put there, didn't want to say scope because it sounded just plain wrong and didn't want to say SUSAT because I have seen SA80's with one of those on ;) I also didn't have the time to search through the 51 pages. Thanks again for re-posting and also for doing it without flaming me :)

So, where did you source the ACOG and did you need to modify the rail at all to fit it?

I got my ACOG from rsov.com but almost everywhere else on the sells them for about £25 - £35,ebay is a good bet.I'll try posting some pix tomorrow of the R85 with an Aimpoint attached{yuk}so you can make your mind up.

RT B)

Thanks, I'd appreicate that. Can you get the aimpoint and the ACOG from a couple of different angels, preferably one of you sighting down it? that would be cool...

Will do,i'll take pix of the gun & see if my photographer{my Mrs} is available to take pix of me sighting down it.

Also, anyone know anywhere in the UK that has an R85 in stock? I'm picking up a big fat blank on searches.

Try www.actionhobbys.co.uk their website says it's in stock http://actionhobbys.co.uk/Army-Armament-R8...der-_AF65Z.aspx however they are pointing out that if you buy before the October deadline it wont affect dispatch to you.