Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one know where I can get spare parts as rsov keeps sending me the wrong bits if some one could do me a massive stonking favor and take a picture of a screw I need so I can see about getting a replacement part in a model center or some thing

Take a picture of a part on the blowback plate its the part the spring sits in and connects the spring and the blowback plate. Mine at the moment is not working the spring is not pulling the blowback plate into position and thus the whole blowback is not working and I can't get it to work and its very frustrating thanks

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion, but that's a real gamble, to be honest with you, if I cannot source it localy then I will give up on the idea and wait until Action Hobbies or Airsoft scotland get them in.

BTW - What Midcaps and Hi-caps can be used with the R85?

I've put MAG midcaps in it with no problems & CA hi caps.I also put Star real caps.

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion, but that's a real gamble, to be honest with you, if I cannot source it localy then I will give up on the idea and wait until Action Hobbies or Airsoft scotland get them in.

BTW - What Midcaps and Hi-caps can be used with the R85?

I've been using an ICS M4 Hi Cap from Fire Support. Cost 23 quid. The Army mag must be a copy of the ICS one because they are identical apart from a slight colour difference.

You could get it in time for next weekend if you got it from rsov depending if it gets caught up at customs. i'm still trying to fix my blowback but aside from that mine is good just can't seem to find metal midcaps any where..

No you can't - he stopped selling whole guns to the UK yesterday (15th was the deadline)

Does anyone know how to remove the rail? there's 3 screws, the one above the hopup mech is easy to get to once the mech is removed but the other two are above the barrel and I couldn't see how to remove the barrel. I really would like to put a 4x scope on this , preferably the SUSAT.

Took it skirmishing yesterday, unfortuantly some of the games (the first one and 2nd to last) were semi auto which counted the R85 out as semi doesn't work well, few shots then the action freezes, someone at the site said it may be the anti reversal latch. I also found moving it rather difficult to position on the shoulder since the rubber butt stock was hard to move, I guess this is just something to get use to (not a fault of the replica, just a gotcha with the L85 series as a whole, I guess).

Mag also dropped out :) that I don't mind to much, I mean .. it's a replica and the real thing did the same *grin*

Hi Guys our R85 have finally arrived. Ordered from RSOV On 24th Aug. Cost £105.99 including shipping, plus £32 customs. total £137.

Me and a friend both order them together, he was able to pick his up today. Mine is still in the post office, was working today. Off tomorrow. However one disappointment, his seems to be the MK one. Its box had the pic etc, I understand the Mk2 is in plain boxes. The one we got comes with a sliver battery!! Not the yellow like shown on this review.

When I first picked it up I was disappointed, not at the finish etc, but after a 100 rounds or so... Its has grown on me. Can't wait to get mine in the morning.

Can any one give me a quick run down of the improvements in the MK2 version. Thanks guys. I will do a review tomorrow on my site.

Me and a friend both order them together, he was able to pick his up today. Mine is still in the post office, was working today. Off tomorrow. However one disappointment, his seems to be the MK one. Its box had the pic etc, I understand the Mk2 is in plain boxes. The one we got comes with a sliver battery!! Not the yellow like shown on this review.

The battery that came with this gun was faulty...it fell apart. This was reported to the manufacturer who then removed them and replaced them with a different battery.

The battery that came with this gun was faulty...it fell apart. This was reported to the manufacturer who then removed them and replaced them with a different battery.

Thanks for that guys. If any one is after real deal L85 Slings, at present 3 on ebay for £1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/British-Army-SA80-Sl...1QQcmdZViewItem

Guys just a few quick questions, just spend the last 2 hours reading this review, can't find what I am after.

1/ The silver battery which is supplied, is it any good 1800mah. How long should it last me

2/ What are you charging them on the charger included is 300mAh, However as mine is two Pin, just use my own charger, which has max 600mAH how long should i charge it for

3/ issue I have is the grip, seems to have a little movement. very slight is it possible to tighten? I removed the grip base and there is two small holes up high, I would think this would include two screws however I can't see them and the holes are small.

4/Problem when firing on semi. When I first fired my unit, on semi no bb came out on first shot, on second it fired then another BB rolled out. This happened every time!! I adjusted the hop up and stopped, was it a case the hop up was too high or could it be damaged.

If any one knows the answers to these question, I would like to thank you in advance for your advice.

2) If it's a 1800 mAh battery and the charger output is 300 mA, then six hours of charging should theoretically charge the battery fully. In practice it'll take a bit longer, because energy is converted to heat in the process. With a charger like that you don't need to worry about overcharging a large battery easily.

4) A lot of AEGs let a BB slip if the hop-up is at zero. If the AEG works fine with the hop-up at the setting you use, there's no need to worry.

-Sale

I use a custom 3700mah battery purchased from Pathfinders. It was an absolute pig to get into the foregrip and required some "modification" but once it's in there it needn't come out as you can charge it in-situ in the gun.

Provides plenty of juince :D

The silver battery is a NiCad battery though iirc so be sure to completely discharge it before you re-charge it. They have a "memory" so if you keep recharging without it being completely discharged you will damage the life of the battery.

Haven't read all these ~50 pages, so don't shoot me right away if there is already a answer told:

M16 mags work great with R85 if you just bend the metal. That's said somewhere in first 10 pages.

Is there any way to fix the gun so that plastic mags work without making any changes to all freaking 8 mags I'm gonna carry? Like adding some little plates to guns mag locking holes?