Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

I know i have seen here a post about how to install the sling on a SA80, but now, I cant find it.

Can anybody help me?

thanks.

Coz i'm such a nice guy & because it's about time that the pix were refreshed again

sa80_sling_attachment1.jpg

Hope that sorts your problem out?

RT B)

Edited by rolling-thunder
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great.. took it out for my first day of skirmishing with it, and semi auto stopped working (fires full auto when in semi)... very annoying. Anyone have any idea how to fix that problem?

Edit:

Nevermind. I found the problem. A stupid BB got lodged in the selector assembly, preventing it from moving. Stupid.

Edited by kalnaren

Has anyone had problems with this gun misfeeding? I'm using KA 68-round mags, and the thing misfeeds like no tomorrow. It's very annoying.

I don't think the problem is the magazines. When I take the mag out the feed tube has BB's in it. No matter how I move the magazine, it only feeds one shot randomly. It more seems like the nozzel isn't retracting far enough to allow BB's into the hop-up.

Edited by kalnaren
Has anyone had problems with this gun misfeeding? I'm using KA 68-round mags, and the thing misfeeds like no tomorrow. It's very annoying.

I don't think the problem is the magazines. When I take the mag out the feed tube has BB's in it. No matter how I move the magazine, it only feeds one shot randomly. It more seems like the nozzel isn't retracting far enough to allow BB's into the hop-up.

if you order two hundred spacers they surely will ... i am not sure about one piece though... as it happen to me i know the manufacturer and owners of powerupgrade brand (i worked for them on certain law issues) and this issue is mainly because their english truly sux.. if you are willing to pay shipment costs someone would surely try to help you... but prepare for huge shipping costs... maybe it would be cheaper to find somebody who can produce it in your country... it can be virtualy anything that is 10mm thick and producing this can not be great problem in my opinion

Hey, does anyone know how to remove the flash hider???

I bought a JG G36c awhile back and the retailer used an industrial super glue to keep it on. so I put the outer barrel in a vice and got some vice grips and forced it to unscrew, the ARMY R85 on the other hand; I scratched the outer barrel and flash hider with vice grips and it won't twist off!

any ideas?

I bought a JG G36c awhile back and the retailer used an industrial super glue to keep it on. so I put the outer barrel in a vice and got some vice grips and forced it to unscrew, the ARMY R85 on the other hand; I scratched the outer barrel and flash hider with vice grips and it won't twist off!

any ideas?

It just unscrews, normal counter clock wise way on mine.

any ideas?

I think that if you heat the flash hider with a flame or with hot air gun (i don´t know the exact name of this tool),you will get to loosen it.But you will have to paint it again...

Check for a screw but mine doesn't so unless they've changed it.

Should just screw off mine was no problem. Was it from a US company? Some glue on the orange tipped flashiders deliberately... In which case you might have to look at a way of heating or using solvent or something.

Edited by Domz

hi guys, i just bought it from rsov, and i ordered a tight barrel prometheus 6.03 (509mm) with it, but it doesn't fit, it's blocking and the end of the barrel, looks like the prometheus diameter is larger than the basic barrel, that's weird because it should be smaller.. Did any one ever fit this type of barrel on it ? (sorry i didn't read all the previous pages only the 10th first..).

And the hop-up chamber and rubber are definetely the things to replace.

Thanks.

hi guys, i just bought it from rsov, and i ordered a tight barrel prometheus 6.03 (509mm) with it, but it doesn't fit, it's blocking and the end of the barrel, looks like the prometheus diameter is larger than the basic barrel, that's weird because it should be smaller.. Did any one ever fit this type of barrel on it ? (sorry i didn't read all the previous pages only the 10th first..).

And the hop-up chamber and rubber are definetely the things to replace.

Thanks.

i think your problem might be caused by the fact that at the end of the barrel there are some kind of notches in between which the inner barrel is seated.. you have to hit it right... outer barrel has slightly larger inner diameter.. theese notches prevents the inner barrel woble

this picture might be funny but describes the issue... try to woble the barrel around until it snaps in between those notches...

theese notches are exactly at the end of the barrel

hlavenof7.jpg

Edited by Teuton

That's a little odd, by my memory I don't have those notches on the inside of my outer barrel mind you its half one in the morning here.

I wonder if this this was done by Army to prevent barrel wobble? (Something introduced on later versions?)

When it gets a more sane time I will try to remember to take a look at my L85 to make sure.

Cheers

Rich

The systema barrel I had was a very tight fit. Make sure the barrel is aligning properly with the very end of the outer barrel. I ended up taking my tightbore out as it happened to be a cause of some of the misfeeding. The rest of the misfeding is caused because the magazines sit too low in the reciever. Not quite sure how to solve that one.

The systema barrel I had was a very tight fit. Make sure the barrel is aligning properly with the very end of the outer barrel. I ended up taking my tightbore out as it happened to be a cause of some of the misfeeding. The rest of the misfeding is caused because the magazines sit too low in the reciever. Not quite sure how to solve that one.

i already had this mag issue.. logicaly you ghave to add some material to the upper part of the hole through which the magazine is snaped into place... i glued some nails up there with a lot of loctite or epoxy..

i know its not particulary hi-tech solution but it works fine for me.. now it is battle tested and it survived aprox 100 reloads.. and if it breaks.. its nothing easier then to just glue something back there..

you must of course measure how low the mag is to glue just enough

jgmg042markcp8.jpg

thanks for your help teuton, the problem for the barrel was a little ring at the end of the outer barrel, i removed the flashhider and then (and theeeeeeeeen :P) removed this little ring which was too tight for my prometheus barrel, this ring seemed to prevents the inner barrel woble.

Edited by zimex

Must say, if you have problems with mags sitting too low in the mag-well, the smart thing to do is to adjust the gun, not the mags.

Get yourself a little blob of plasticine and stick it to the bottom of your hop-up feed tube then stick your mag in.

Take it out again and you should see that there's a mm or two of plasticine left squeezed against the bottom of the feed tube.

That tells you how much longer your feed tube needs to be.

Now cut the feed tube in half, leave the correct gap and then fill the space with JB Weld. Once it's dry you can run a dremel through the middle to clean up any infill.

If I was doing it I'd file a 45° bevel onto the cut edges so that the JB Weld has a bigger area to stick to.

Once you've extended the hop-up feed tube like this you know you've got a gun that can work with ANY mag you happen to get, rather than only working with specially modified mags.