-Original Sector gear Marui

-Inner Barrel prometheus 6.03 (509mm)

-Hopup + rubber guarder

-Kanzen beargins

-Mosfet SW-evolution

External :

-G&G handguards

-G&G A2 style cocking Handle

Sounds expensive. The MOSFET alone is probably EUR100! Why didn't you just buy a G&G? :D

The MOSFET is definite a good idea. You still don't have a mag-release guard!!!

Erik.

The point is that a G&G is not even reliable for a high price, and i wanted to get a reliable gun so i had to make it that way, with a G&G i would have had to make the same modifications but with a 400 € AEG at first. With the army i've started at ~150 €.

Finally for the same price as a G&G i get a reliable and effective AEG, and i won't have any troubles for a long time (well i hope..) and very good performances.

To me cheap is a good start to custom for persons who Knows/like to customize their AEG's, i'd rather invest in parts to make my gun reliable than buying a new cheap gun every months, and it avoids disapointment when you're going to a game.

EDIT : and the mosfet is around 60€ :)

Edited by zimex

I've been reading a lot of people telling about the performance of the R85A1,after dooing,more or less,modifications.

My question;Is there someone who uses it with unmodified internals and what do you find of it in that case?

(or am i just a mad Belgian who wants to take an unmodified R85 into the field?)

(i bought mine in Germany where only semi automatic is permitted,so no full auto on my replica)

Anyone know where i can get teh G&G A2 handguard and A2 cocking handle in the uk?

I bought mine diretcly from a G&G contact (sam@guay2.com), prices are ok and shipping fees too (handguard is around 30$ and cocking handle is 5$ without shpping which should be 15-20$).

This could be helpful : http://b2b.guay2.com/drawings/l85/L85-A2.pdf

Quote the numbers you need in the mail, it will be easier for them.

If you still wanna buy it in the UK you can ask to your local or internet shop to get it for you, but i think the price will be higher. (i did ask to a shop here in France and they told me around 80 € for the handguard...)

I've been reading a lot of people telling about the performance of the R85A1,after dooing,more or less,modifications.

My question;Is there someone who uses it with unmodified internals and what do you find of it in that case?

(or am i just a mad Belgian who wants to take an unmodified R85 into the field?)

(i bought mine in Germany where only semi automatic is permitted,so no full auto on my replica)

Well first you wil have to change the hopup unit and rubber, it's not working at all (Except if you want to shoot at 10 meters). And then you should be able to play without any major problem until the cheap plastic piston breaks because it will !

that's a shame ! The semi is not working properly on this AEG.

More details here in my review (if you speak French :)) : http://www.france-airsoft.fr/forum/index.p...howtopic=105832

Edited by zimex

Don't worry. After a while, it will become full-auto, whether you like it or not.

Best regards,

Erik.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Weird question but I've tried the semi auto fix here a few months ago and it worked for a while but failed in the end.

Decided to stick some aluminium between the 2 modified parts in the diagram and now semi works most of time but my full auto has died?

Does anyone know of a way I can get my full auto back (not too bothered to be honest, I prefer semi anyway).

Plus I've also asked this in the mosfet thread but has anyone tried fitting a AWS Scorpion mosfet (link here)?

Going to upgrade this gun by adding a spacer kit and thought I should try and fit one of those, if it works.

Cheers for any help :).

Hello everyone,

Weird question but I've tried the semi auto fix here a few months ago and it worked for a while but failed in the end.

Decided to stick some aluminium between the 2 modified parts in the diagram and now semi works most of time but my full auto has died?

Does anyone know of a way I can get my full auto back (not too bothered to be honest, I prefer semi anyway).

Plus I've also asked this in the mosfet thread but has anyone tried fitting a AWS Scorpion mosfet (link here)?

Going to upgrade this gun by adding a spacer kit and thought I should try and fit one of those, if it works.

Cheers for any help :).

Perhaps you rounded the trigger bar too far but the semi auto cutoff pushes it enough to work sometimes? Have you tried taking away the aluminium? And did you change anything else on the gearbox?

Yes, unfortunately I have rounded the bar too far (failed the first time thought I didn't file enough of it away, then ended up filing too much). I forgot to mention that. That was why I popped the aluminium in it (to lift the trigger bar so it'll push the trigger block).

If I take away the aluminium it doesn't shoot at all since the trigger block will just go straight over the trigger bar.

Problem is since I've placed the piece of aluminium there to make sure it'll push the trigger block full auto doesn't work. You can hear the gears trying to move for a bit then sounds like it stops, release the trigger slowly and it'll shoot a burst.

Nothing else has been changed on the gearbox.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Im looking to possibly buy one of these and wondered if there is any definitive list of essential mods around for the R85?

So far Ive gathered the hop up needs replacing and the piston needs the spacer/sector/piston mod.

Anything else?

m4 fanatic, i have exactly the same problem with my sa80. when i swap from semi to auto, then pull the trigger, nothing happens, then it fires as i release it slowly. after a couple of tries of releasing it at varying speeds, it will sort its self out and fire when i pull it. weird though, i have no idea how to increase the reliability/ make this stop happening.

I've completely given up on semi auto & prefare small bursts.I've lost track of how many BBs have now been through my gun but it's still working fine.I feel very lucky that it has continued to perform so well.My mate had me look at his STAR L85 & it required me to undo half a dozen screws to get down to the gear box.No doubting the quality of the STAR gun but what a royal pain in the butt it was to work on compared to the AA version.I'm really glad i didn't have the extra cash to buy the "quality" gun.

Hi,

Just had my R85 out in a skirmish and come across an odd problem.

Its second hand, has the piston mod and a madbull hop up rubber.

It`s occasionally refusing to fire.

In semi it would make a small sound (a very short burst) and thats it, over and over again as if the motor isnt moving enough.

Switching to auto and it would just "click".

Fixing it was usually switching between the two until it fires and it would usually work fine until I changed mode and the once, changed a magazine.

Any idea what could be causing this?

I've noticed recently that action hobbys has just got a new batch of these in. I was wondering if Army Armament has made any changes since they where first released? I know the price hike is to do with the strong dollar aginst the pound but i also know that manufacturers sometimes listen to complaints about certin problems and later fix these problems (version 1,2 3 etc)?

I've noticed recently that action hobbys has just got a new batch of these in. I was wondering if Army Armament has made any changes since they where first released? I know the price hike is to do with the strong dollar aginst the pound but i also know that manufacturers sometimes listen to complaints about certin problems and later fix these problems (version 1,2 3 etc)?

they are doing those fixes i show them when i was there (thanks to RS or Stealth or whoever made that manual for fix +other fixes that is needed to be done for Semi/Auto fire, is not ready yet so those are still the old batch surely)

Oh dang, mate was going to get one off of actionhobbys but maybe its best he gives Paul a ring see what he says like. Or I could just push him into getting a nice Ak47 aims by CYMA, as they look hot.

I could live with auto only (Just go easy on the trigger), but semi only would be a bit of a pain, unless your going designated marksman.