Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. anyone know where i can get metal midcaps from to use in this gun? i have a m14 so dont feel like having seperate mags for each  :blink:

M14 mags aren't going to fit in it under any circumstances mate. You'll have to get a new set of mags.

Sorry for the confusion, I put m14 becuase moments before I did my post I was looking a buying one :D I have a TM m4 but all my midcaps are plastic so i cant bend them as suggested.

any M4 midcap should work if you bend the bits at the side out a bit

Im in the UK guys so any suggestions on metal midcaps is appreciated, ill hunt them down.... dont fancy glueing plastic to the side of cheap plastic ones coz i wont be able to share mags / ill have to have seperate mags for my m4 and sa80 :wide-eyed:

I'm seeing a lot of "pre-order now to avoid disapointment!" Is that pre-order now, or you won't get one for a while, or pre-order now or they'll be totally sold out?

I was going to wait for a few more reviews before getting one, to make sure they're all as good as FarEast's one.

I'm seeing a lot of "pre-order now to avoid disapointment!" Is that pre-order now, or you won't get one for a while, or pre-order now or they'll be totally sold out?

I was going to wait for a few more reviews before getting one, to make sure they're all as good as FarEast's one.

I think you will find that is preorder now because when they are released anyone who stocks the R85 will almost immeadiately sell out.It means the stockist knows what to order from the wholesaler & they can anticipate future demand.I'm hoping that they will all be on par with the gun fareast had to test although i have seen other comments about how robust they are.

After this gun it's the A&K M249 & then hopefully the A2 version of the SA80 should be out.After that it might hopefully be an LSW,at that price these guns are going at i'd definately have one.

Ah so its a limited number item then?

The idea was to wait for a while, until theres more reviews then get one. Will i miss out you reckon?

I don't think it's going to be a limited number,i just think supply wont keep up with demand at least in the begining.It might be a sought after toy gun but it's as commercial as all the others.I'm hoping the factories QC department is on the ball.

To be honest if you waited 6 months i assume they would still be produced,by then the demand would have slackened off & there might be more accessories to choose from.At the moment China seems to be producing the guns that people want & each time they do there is a rush.

The R85 has pushed back my purchase of a SCAR & the imminant release of the A&K 249 will push it back further if it's as cheap as is told!I reckon that 2 months after the release of the R85A1 you will see the release of the R85A2,i don't know if they plan to release the LSW but they have most of the body made & there are only 5 differances on the real steel between the two guns so it's not hard to imagine them releasing the LSW pretty quickly after the A2?

Edited by rolling-thunder
Ah so its a limited number item then?

The idea was to wait for a while, until theres more reviews then get one. Will i miss out you reckon?

I cant see it being a limited supply. It may sell out at first but ther are sure to be subsequent production runs.

Personally id like to see a clone IFV as well. Think that's one funky looking gun

Edited by Freypal

The A2 is sure to follow after the impending success of the A1, since G+G makes one, but the AFV, carbine, and LSW, as awesome as they are, won't happen because I doubt ARMY would do any R+D of their own. Anyone else disappointed that pointact just jacked up the price on it $20? Right when they lowered the minimum order amount too...

Lance Jackass,

I know that Keith from RSOV has over 500 of these arriving, with more to come but they will only make a certain amount off the first batch to see if the product sells.

As for the M249!

Don't work too hard and I will send you the ACM M249 by the end of June or early next month after the R85 sales

So i will be getting another exclusive review before they are released!

but they will only make a certain amount off the first batch to see if the product sells.

They should take a look at these forums. I'm not sure all 500 will sell at once, I think a few people want to wait and let other people discover the problems. Personally, I'm gonna wait for the A2 version.

Its nice to know we are directly affecting the way these rifles are made.

The whole airsofting web community has helped Army to rectify some of the issues with the L85 by Army. As others and myself have mentioned though, lets hope the quality control is consistant throughout the range.

Lance Jackass,

I know that Keith from RSOV has over 500 of these arriving, with more to come but they will only make a certain amount off the first batch to see if the product sells.

As for the M249!

So i will be getting another exclusive review before they are released!

Fareast you are a lucky lucky man.To everyone else,don't forget that the two big forums in the UK all have people who want the R85 but the UK isn't the only country buying from Keith& rsov.I think 500 guns is a drop in the ocean.

Someone around here (I mean in Poland), mentioned that there is going to be a 350 fps version released for markets other than Japan/UK, where there is no 1J limit. Can anyone confirm on this ? I'm really looking forward to upgrading my gun to a steady 370fps, either with proper air sealing and a tightbore or by a m110/120 spring.

Can someone plz assure me, that the internals will not come out flying through the barrel? (I know that the internals are not exactly GB v2/3 compatible, but parts from PSG1/SR25 may be used, so air sealing IS an option).

Appreciate Your replies.

Regards

Kakaroth