Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The battery that comes with it is a "medium" size, not small and not large, 4/5ths C i think it was. i left it at work on charge. ohh and it does have a large connector. i put a modified large 8.4v battery in mine :)

the slight issues with missing bits is very minor guys, the gun works perfect without them and keith is going to strip the gas tube off a gun he has there and send them to me.

even without it this gun stills rocks, i still havent put it down since it arrived (i'm typing this one handed) :o.

if anyone was wondering the top rail is 20mm and my red dot acog fits perfectly and looks very nice, since the army are replacing the susat with acog i might just get a better acog and stick on it :)

any more questions feel free to ask :)

if anyone was wondering the top rail is 20mm and my red dot acog fits perfectly and looks very nice, since the army are replacing the susat with acog i might just get a better acog and stick on it :)

Are the military actually going to replace it ? Will they really spend all that money for no great benefit?

decsion has alreay been made and trijicon who make the acog have the order. susat has expired :(

Oh :s Hmm Acog replicas are cheaper than Susats... Look forward to seeing pics of how they look on top of the SA80

Edit : Wasn't this just a rumor that was proved untrue?

Edited by Freypal
Oh :s Hmm Acog replicas are cheaper than Susats... Look forward to seeing pics of how they look on top of the SA80

Edit : Wasn't this just a rumor that was proved untrue?

bored so did a search of hansards and the MoD procurement site and nothing regarding Trijicon or ACOG on there.

I know it wouldn't be 100% acurate but i was going to stick an ACOG on my R85 because it looks close enough.Maybe in the future there will be a chance for me to pick up a SUSAT copy which will make me happier when it's mounted on my gun instead of the ACOG.I ordered my sling today so i finally have a complete load out,i never felt right wandering around in Brit DPM with an M15.When i was issued my SA80 A1 in the Army i also got a shed load of M15 mags to go with it because the new fancy SA mags hadn't arrived in enough numbers so it wont be out of place to have *suitcasey* loooking M15 mags in your R85.

^ ^ ^ Not too keen on an orange flash hider – is this standard with the R85?....

Also – will Army Armament be making a copy SUSAT?...

Foggy.

the flash hider on mine is black, it just came with a push on red cap.

and no news on a susat yet, you could get the star susat but you would also need the star top rail as it is smaller on the star.

I had to leave mine all alone in the cupboard this morning when i went to work :(

not long to go until i can play with it again :)

i have a systema tight bore i was going to put in it but i'm not sure if the stock one is already a tight bore, when anyone else gets theirs could they check the size of the barrel if they have a digital thingy :o.

We got ours in and gave everyone a good once over and put two mags through everyone. They all chrono'd around the 328-ish mark. The highest was 340 and the lowest 300. We had some that had some strange issues taking magazines. Nothing to do with the mag catch. Seems to be an issue with the magazine interfacing with the hop unit.

Ours will ALL ship tomorrow. Remaining units we have will be added on the website for ordering soon :)

(Still in the shop finishing it all off!)

Scott

Edited by clanfalcon
We got ours in and gave everyone a good once over and put two mags through everyone. They all chrono'd around the 328-ish mark. The highest was 340 and the lowest 300. We had some that had some strange issues taking magazines. Nothing to do with the mag catch. Seems to be an issue with the magazine interfacing with the hop unit.

Ours will ALL ship tomorrow. Remaining units we have will be added on the website for ordering soon :)

(Still in the shop finishing it all off!)

Scott

Scott i think i love you :D

Scott i think i love you :D

I second that, I reckon its safe to say that those of us with a pre-order with LWA all appreciate the hard work you have put into getting the R85's in. Thanks again! If they're all being shipped tomorrow (Thursday) does that mean I should get mine this Friday?

Are you testing the blowback mechanism aswell during your test shots?

Kind Regards

Rich