Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! :D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P

I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!!  :D  :P  :D  :P  :D  :P  :D  :P

Damnit mine hasn't come yet! <_<

Ok, I have so far passed 4500 rounds through the Army R85 swiching randomly between fully Auto and Semi-Auto with mixed types of firing.

I have also been recyling the BB;s from out of the catch bin without cleaning them and so far no problems what so ever, this is without disabling the EBB action either.

it is a great review i just want to know, is there a susat that fits, does an sa80 sling fit and what are the best make of mags to buy for this weopon and is there a battery that will fit! ;)

I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!! I've got mine!!! I've got mine!!! LA LA LA!!!  :D  :P  :D  :P  :D  :P  :D  :P

Sir you are a complete Bar steward <_< mine is still in transit so god know where it is :huh:

I cant stand city link because they charge so extortionately for delivery to Northern Ireland and then forget to deliver it on time, as do parcel force if you pay for their special NI 24hr delivery (regular 24 can be used but takes 48 hours)

Royal mail are one of the few who dont charge through the *albatross* to post here, they charge exactly the same rates and ive never had a problem with them.

My r85 has just been passed from international hub to national hub, here tomorow then hopefully, although ill have to wait until monday for them to redelivery so i can pay the customs :(

Well chaps - what can I say?! I am at home now and already had a battery charged and ready!!

It is fab - I honestly dont know how Star and other manufacturers can manage to keep selling at £300+ for the equivcal thing...

I hope yours turns up soon - I am off now, I have an appointment with my R85!! :)

Well chaps - what can I say?! I am at home now and already had a battery charged and ready!!

It is fab - I honestly dont know how Star and other manufacturers can manage to keep selling at £300+ for the equivcal thing...

I hope yours turns up soon - I am off now, I have an appointment with my R85!! :)

Tease. Still no sign of mine :(

Tease. Still no sign of mine  :(

Count yourself lucky, I was supposed to have the day off today. At four in the morning I got the call that one of the servers had gone down, rode up here on the bike to work and not escaped yet.

Looks like I might have to re-arrange the delivery or pick it up from the depo.

Cheers

Rich

Edited by rwoodcock01

I can understand why G&G costs a lot - the design is truely awesome, and very, very clever. If I had the money, I'd get a G&G.

The STAR, however, is just a shitstorm of parts that randomly fit together with a bajillion screws. Not worth the cash.

Well its here!!! Yaaaaaay!!! :D:P:D

First impressions are how heavy it is! :)

Solid,and the blowback is a treat. :)

The mags slightly larger in legnth than standard M4/16 mags and easily takes 450 rounds.The magwell has taken any M4/16 mag I`ve tried so far.

Lovely AEG. :D

Only tiny niggle is the battery is a bit awkward to fit and the hop-unit on mine needs looking at as I`m not getting much HOP.

And to the guys waiting for yours-It`ll only make it sweeter when you do receive it-The waiting and anticipation are the best bit. ;)

I`m taking mine on a skirmish tommorow so I`ll let you know how I get on.

Mines sleeping with me tonight. :wub:

It's so bad i'm checking the tracker every hour or so & i've memorised my tracking number.I'll have to learn something else in a Homer mode so it pushes that bit of memory out of my head.

Likewise :( I hate this every time i order something its a gamble as to wether or not it will actually turn up <_<

And to the guys waiting for yours-It`ll only make it sweeter when you do receive it-The waiting and anticipation are the best bit. ;)

Sorry guys thats a really stupid thing to have said- :blush:

I know exactly how you feel and I hope its with you ASAP.

Edited by Neotheone

Well i have mine now. I bought a custom battery to fit the G&G from wgc and it is a pain to fit but you can charge it without taking it out so it ain't all bad. The bolt is sticking slightly on mine so it might need a bit of loving to get it working right. The selector switch does not work very well at all on semi but i never use semi so i am not too fussed i might get better with a little use. My ICS hi caps fit ok but i think the hop nozzle is a little out and it is hard to get a mag in sometimes. I will put a couple of thousands rounds through it tonight and see how she goes. Can't wait to go out an use her in anger now!

Well i have mine now.  I bought a custom battery to fit the G&G from wgc and it is a pain to fit but you can charge it without taking it out so it ain't all bad.  The bolt is sticking slightly on mine so it might need a bit of loving to get it working right.  The selector switch does not work very well at all on semi but i never use semi so i am not too fussed i might get better with a little use.  My ICS hi caps fit ok but i think the hop nozzle is a little out and it is hard to get a mag in sometimes.  I will put a couple of thousands rounds through it tonight and see how she goes.  Can't wait to go out an use her in anger now!

I got mine and have the same to say. The semi mode doesnt seem all that reliable. Sometimes needs switching to auto for a few shots then back. I've lubricated the bolt slide on mine after fetching it apart and it seems better.

The hop nozzle on mine is slightly out of line making fitting mags tricky too, it's getting better now ive put a few in and out so im hoping it will sort itself out after a while.