Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

firstly thats £150 from fire support compares to the £100 every where else.

and that sucks i didn't find any grease but i did put that hook back where you said came across no greased up spring though does that mean my blow back it broken for good? :( sorry about the blurred but i was using my webcam as my batteries are dead on my digicamara and it takes ages to charge them up. if you want i can do more pics in high qlty.

in the mean time can I use the gun in the condition its in then?

also where can i get  a replacement spring as i want to keep the blowback as an option. at the moment the blow back isnt working because the blow back spring (the thing thats connected to the plate ) is not connected to the plate and so doesn't move it.

You can use the gun in the condition it is now, just take out that little hook so you don't loose it (or it could fall into the gears and damage them). The blowback doesn't work without the little hook and spring, but the whole gun will be OK without them. The best is to remove the whole metal block on which the hook is placed...

The blowback won't work without the small spring - but don't worry about it, you would loose it anyway later. You can go to the skirmish, it will work the same as with the blowback (even with a little higher ROF, because the blowback slows down the piston).

The gun cost 100 GBP, compare it to the price of a STAR or G&G L85A1 which would cost you much more and you would have the same gun with the same non-working "blowback". When I was buying this gun, I knew that the first thing I would do is the remove the blowback because it's stupid designed.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi took it down the ranges today seemed to work okay little dodgy in a few place but my main concern is its only really accurate to about 20 meters is there a way to increase accuracy (upgrade) as I was thinking about re building the inside of the gun at some point and the spring was in there after all it was jsut so covered in grease i didnt see it right off.. i'll try to fix the plate a little before Sunday's game so it at least looks good even if it doesn't work.

I just ordered my two from RSOV.com, thanks alot for the help with paypal. I cant wait till they come. :D Do you think they will arrive before the 11th? If you ordered yours from RSOV, how long did it take for your package to arrive?

\\Edit\\

I cant wait!!!! this is going to kill me...........

*tries to sit still*

Edited by adam888888

I've fiddled with mine and removed a lot of the plate so it just sits in there okay and glued the cocking handle so it looks okay I just need replacement parts now as there was a few screw missing inside I think i might get one from asw when they come in so it works!

blow back is disabled on mine as i cant get it to work :P

Well at least it looks the part i guess..

I just ordered my two from RSOV.com, thanks alot for the help with paypal. I cant wait till they come. :D  Do you think they will arrive before the 11th? If you ordered yours from RSOV, how long did it take for your package to arrive?

\\Edit\\

I cant wait!!!! this is going to kill me...........

*tries to sit still*

Make sure you get the tracking number off Keith, then you can see when the package is nearly at your local depot and go and pick it up, this can save a few days if it incurrs charges.

Make sure you get the tracking number off Keith, then you can see when the package is nearly at your local depot and go and pick it up, this can save a few days if it incurrs charges.

That's what i did,i ended up having my gun to play with over the weekend & got the notification on the Monday.

Great you end up paying extra & you do Parcel Farces job for them <_<

no not yet.

i'm going to upgrade mine can any one tell me what tog et to improve accuracy as at the moment its horrible and goes every where. also if you could tell me what else would be worth getting (should I wait till the gear box goes before replacing it?)

thxs because at the moment my gun its jupoo half of it doesn't work very well..

Has anyone else tried TM pistons? Because one member reported that the TM piston wasn't wide enough... I will get some pistons within 2 weeks, along with a new piston head and a new hopup rubber, I hope it will fit...

If it goes OK, then I will get a tightbore barrel a new hopup too.

I ran into a problem when installing a spacer-kit from redwolf. I am one of those that like the TM pistons in ~300 fps guns. But the Army R85 upper gearbox is simply to wide for TM pistons, the piston doesn't engage both rails properly, and one side is able to rotate.

Looks a little like this:

r85.JPG

I used the Madbull piston, which is slightly wider, and it seems to work, but my question is: Is this a problem with the Army gearbox, or is it a problem with the G&G gearbox to?

I fear that even slight wear on the piston guide rails might cause the piston to twist, and cause a problem, so does anyone have any good ideas on how to fix this?

(The stock R85 piston is 21.95mm wide at the guide-rails, the TM piston is 21.7mm wide. I forgot to measure the madbull piston before installing it, but it seems to be slightly wider than the stock R85 piston.)

On a side note: I didn't shoot the R85 before opening it, to reshim and install the Redwolf-spacer. When I pulled out the gearbox, I noticed that the bevel gear was coated with a metallic-looking greasy substance. This was explained when I opened the gearbox, as the pinion gear had gouged a rather large piece of metal from the gearbox shell, and ground it into the geargrease, making a metallic paste. There was also some visible damage to the pinion and bevel gear.

I cleaned the gearbox, replaced the bevel gear with another xyt-bevel and 16 tooth sector gear, and installed a TM EG1000 motor, and shimmed and lubricated the gears. Now, the gearbox sounds really nice, has insane ROF with a 9.6 volt battery, and no problems so far, running a stock TM spring.

2 pages back