Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the CA hi caps that i sold on to Freypal,i'm using MAG midcaps & Star real caps in my gun & they have worked flawlessly.

I was worrying because there seems to be a lot of variation between peoples guns,mine hasn't given me any trouble but Freypals did.Freypals gun fires the CA hicaps & i've no reason to assume it wont fire the Star real caps or MAG midcaps.I've had no issues with the hop either,i don't expect it to shoot a nailhead but as long as it can hit a torso sized object at distance i'm happy.

I can't wait for my next game where there's a British side,i anticipate it will almost exclusively be armed with SA80s & looking good.{saying that i'll still have my M15 as back up}

Edited by rolling-thunder

Okay, since the last 20 pages of this thread dab in and out of the problems in this gun and it's hard and time consuming to go through all that and find what I'd need to do to make this workable, I could use a bit of help. So, can someone please (stealth, you seem to have a good handle on this) list all the problems this gun has had out of the box and solutions we KNOW will fix them? I'm really debating whether or not one of these is worth getting since they seem to have so many issues. Thanks y'all!

Edited by otherrandomhero
Okay, since the last 20 pages of this thread dab in and out of the problems in this gun and it's hard and time consuming to go through all that and find what I'd need to do to make this workable, I could use a bit of help. So, can someone please (stealth, you seem to have a good handle on this) list all the problems this gun has had out of the box and solutions we KNOW will fix them? I'm really debating whether or not one of these is worth getting since they seem to have so many issues. Thanks y'all!

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...e=post&id=25713

or here

File: G_G_L85_guide.pdf

File Size: 1.1mb (approx)

Link: Click Here!

you can download it from here, i uploaded to my box account so hopefully you can download it from here if needs be

if some ppl have web browser issues

With people still having issues with their guns i thought that i'd better get my gun out,charge the battery & go kill some cardboard boxes.

All done with the Mag loaded up i emptied the Hicap that came with the gun,at range shooting in my Garden.Result one dead cardboard box{that will teach it to be square}& one rifle which once again performed flawlessly.I've given the gun a careful once over & it's showing no sign of strain.

Hi,

Just got mine from Hong Kong, it works, however the magazine cannot be fixed in place without removing the rear THM locking pin. I've searched the forums but couldn't find any detailed solutions to rectify the problem. I'd appreciate a bit of help as this is my first AEG.

Skrim Report

Both R85 worked perfectly all day with the blow back ENABLED the whole time, we but approximately 3000 rounds through each gun.

They both cronod at at about 310-320 straight out of the box.

The first game was a 4 hour woodlands match in wich the r85 were out ranging alot of other guns. i didnt find the weight to be a problem at all, when you shoulder the gun it becomes weightless and very easy to aim.

Every one was drooling all over them, the blowback turned alot of heads, everyone was asking to hold it and saying "is that one of the china sa80's? i was thinking of getting one of them" they all complimented the build quality and feel of the gun.

:D

Just thought I would pop in and give a quick status report of my R85.

I had but one problem and that was with the charging handle breaking off. A quick vist to a friend with a welder shorted that one out.

Otherwise been going great, I have noticed a wee tendency to be a bit picky with what magazines I put in, mainly using the one that came with it and CA mags.

When I removed the hop/barral and then put it back in (to do a clean) this seemed to fix the problem.

Heck, even the battery is turning out ok. I have noticed as someone else has said that I do seem to out range a few folks, which was not my intention as the range work normally falls to my M14. :D;)

Overall, I am happy with the performace thus far. As with any new product there are niggles that get in the way but I feel this was worth the money.

I look forward to a A2 version just to finish the collection! :D

Cheers

Rich

Edited by rwoodcock01

I said the same about my G&G L85. It worked perfectly while others had problems with theirs.

If you only ever shoot in semi then there's a good chance you'll never have a problem with the piston. The blowback could still fail though.

If you shoot in auto then damage to the piston is inevitable at some stage.

Well, just seen one at my site (I ordered it for the guy).

GUTTED.....

its almost as good as my G&G one in terms of build quality, performed faultlessly on full auto all day, unlike my G&G one on its first outing and was even possibly a little more accurate than my G&G one (then then he had installed a CA tight barrel and new hop rubber).

In short, totally worth the money in my opinion.

Still love my G&G though.

I have figured out why the jinggong mags don't fit int the R85. the Hop ups BB feed cannot push the plastic bit that stops the bb's coming out the mag out the way, this stops the mag reaching the mag catch and locking in.

jinggongmagtm1.th.jpg

The plastic bit that stops the BBs coming out needs to be filled down a small amount on the top angled part that allows the hopup to slide it back.

armymagwk3.th.jpg

It only needs to be filled about half a millimeter further back so the hopup can slide it back when it comes into contact with the top of the plastic catch.

comparisonaz5.th.png

This mod is very easy and tock me about 2 minutes to do to 2 magazines that both feed and lock in perfectly now. :D Sorry if i didn't explain it very well.

One question about the hop-up unit, I removed the inner barrel along with the hop-up bucking, a small rubber part fell out. It seem to be the part that pushes against the hop-up bucking.

It's the small part on this picture:

http://www.x-guns.com/Prd100/922-082-S.jpg

Was it somehow attached inside the hop-up unit? How to install the small part back?

Edited by Killian

It's not attached. You can see the place for it inside the unit on the upper side. A small rectangular hole where it is supposed to be.

A follow up question:

Have you tried changing the hop-up unit? Tried to put on a G&P hop-up and it was tight like hell. Didn't manage to get it inside outer barrel as it was supposed to.

please can someone answer as to whether the blowback failing will damage the rest of the internals or just the blowback.

if just the blowback fails then its no big deal for me, its a shame but nothing TOO bad.

and i read in that PDF file that filing off 3 teeth from the stock sector gear changes the nozzle and tappet plate timing. because of this how much will using a standard piston+spacer and filing the gear reduce the chances of the gun failing.

that bit about the tappet plate and nozzle just made me wonder.

I am presently trying to find a US dealer that has a R85 in stock. I have visited the websites of all the usual suspects, but with no luck. If you know of any dealers that have them, let me know.

Thank you

hey bro

just wanna let you know we got enough experience shipping airsoft to States so just let us know if we can be of any assist :lol:

keith