Army Armament R85 (L85A1)

they are doing those fixes i show them when i was there (thanks to RS or Stealth or whoever made that manual for fix +other fixes that is needed to be done for Semi/Auto fire, is not ready yet so those are still the old batch surely)

O so your the one who downloaded the file i uploaded :) and tbh i don't remember where i got it from :unsure:

(the file i uploaded had the piston mod and disabling the blowback thingy init)

Edited by Warning
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O so your the one who downloaded the file i uploaded :) and tbh i don't remember where i got it from :unsure:

(the file i uploaded had the piston mod and disabling the blowback thingy init)

Would that be the mods SB and the like did to their G&G L85's ?

10x for the suggestion, but i tried that already, its looks like the motor is the only thing turning, i think it might be some gear problem but not sure this is my first airsoft gun and not really so technical with them and there arent alot of ppl capable of fixing, will see what the shop says...

other suggestions are more then welcome :)

Edited by marlvass
10x for the suggestion, but i tried that already, its looks like the motor is the only thing turning, i think it might be some gear problem but not sure this is my first airsoft gun and not really so technical with them and there arent alot of ppl capable of fixing, will see what the shop says...

other suggestions are more then welcome :)

the plastic piston is gone, quick fix is just to replace that one but it will come back :(, unless you do the modification.

ye i know what you mean, i'v been waiting for this for around a year since in malta we dont have airsoft shop, and they are treated as real firearms....

i'm having a hard time opening up the gun, removed the pin at the back but it wont move forewared to open....first time will be hard i think :)

10x for all the support guys, will do the hup up rubber upgrade as well when possible :)

Does the noise sound like a electric drill ?

If so if could be the pinion gear is spinning on the motor.

Take the upper half of the RIF off but keep it wired up, take the upper gear box off, press the trigger; do the gears turn ?

If yes, then attach the upper gear box again after checking to see if it's chewed the piston and then try to fire, if it makes the drill noise then the pinion gear needs to be sorted out.

Has for getting the too half's apart, at first it will be harder, but i found tapping it with a rubber mallet helped ( did this a few times to loosen it up )

Edited by Apex
Does the noise sound like a electric drill ?

If so if could be the pinion gear is spinning on the motor.

Take the upper half of the RIF off but keep it wired up, take the upper gear box off, press the trigger; do the gears turn ?

If yes, then attach the upper gear box again after checking to see if it's chewed the piston and then try to fire, if it makes the drill noise then the pinion gear needs to be sorted out.

Has for getting the too half's apart, at first it will be harder, but i found tapping it with a rubber mallet helped ( did this a few times to loosen it up )

Before you do anything of the sort, just remove the rubber butt, get a 1.5mm allen wrench, tighten the motor depth adjustment screw gently until you can't go any further and loosen it a half turn. See if that solves your problem. If it's indeed the motor depth, you should then adjust the depth until you get the least noise from your gear box.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered a G&G A2 cocking lever and am now in the process of removing the A1 cokcing lever from my L85, does anyone happen to know which size hex/allen key is required to undo the grub screw in the A1 cokcing lever? I've tried numerous different size but none will fit, being either too large or too small.

Cheers Sean