Has anyone here actually shot/used the KJW SIG229?

Wege

Howdy all.

I have been waiting for some feedback on the KJW P229... and I have yet to see anything on any of the forums that I have frequented. Has anyone heard, seen, know of a mate of a mate, etc.. ANYTHING about this at all?

Quality?

Shots?

Gas use?

Hopup?

fps?

etc.

Ta

Well, being as the Subject line says KJW Sig229 I'm guessing he wants to know about the KJW version :D

I sell the KJ's at my store and even sold one to my roomie/Fire team member. It's a NICE little gun. Good gas usage (about 1.5 mags worth when using double taps) decient accuracy (.5" groupings 2 20') good range (80' or so) and a good clean crisp action.

I just recently got a second-hand KJ 229. I LOVE it. It's actually my favorite GBB now (besides the TMP of course :P). I can get two full mags out of one fill of gas and the blowback is really crisp and hard. The whole gun has a very nice weight to it since it's all metal. The only thing I'm not impressed by is the hop up, I can't seem to get mine quite dialed in. No worries though, I only use it for engagements of 10-25 feet anyway. :P So if you're looking for a definitive opinion, get it. You won't be disappointed. Great little gun.

<sigh> i dunno man. KJW valves after a year or so really get to letting one down, savvy?

They may have tightend the piston head and nozzle better then the 226. and same for the mag lips and joint seal. BUT, they are still silent brass fillers, and

high output vales. Just be cautious, as I own several KJW guns. But few are any good after three years. Those vales break, not just the rings going bad.

Wege: I HAD a HFC P229 from the yesteryears...

Fixed hop, wrong length slide, no field strip (it was a screw crossbolt across the barrel), leaky mags. Can't really get worse than that.

Because it was a screwed on cross bolt around the bottom of the barrel, as soon as the slide returns to forward position after each shot it would push the barrel down. So shots were consistently low.

The only good bits about the gun was the copied WA magna blowback system, so the kick was ok.

Howdy all.

I have been waiting for some feedback on the KJW P229... and I have yet to see anything on any of the forums that I have frequented.  Has anyone heard, seen, know of a mate of a mate, etc.. ANYTHING about this at all?

Quality?

Shots?

Gas use?

Hopup?

fps?

etc.

Ta

I've had one for about 4 months now. To answer your questions:

Quality: It's okay, for 90 USD. The finish and feel are actually very good, no obvious seams on mine except a slight one on the plastic grip, running down the back. Color is slight "brownish" in certain lighting situations.

Shots: Not sure what this means, how it shoots ? It's fricken awesome, the blowback is the fastest and crispest I have ever seen.

Gas use: Like someone else here said, about 1.5-2 per fill, depending on how fast you shoot it, temperature and such.

Hopup: It's allright I guess, fairly easy to adjust but you have to take the gun appart to get to it.

FPS: No tets done by myself, but I'd asume it's in the standard range of 270-300 as most GBBs on greengas.

If you like the Sigs, 229 or other, and you want a fairly cheap full metal one, the KJW is the one to get.

There's lots of talk about the valves going bad, and mags leaking etc. Myself and a friend have had 4-5 KJW guns over the past 2 years and they work fine. But like someone here said, if they do break or start leaking, you can get replacements.

I've heard that an enhanced loading nozzle is a good upgrade to get for this gun, i think its 10-15 dollars.

To sum it up.. Buy it and enjoy.

sig_p2291.jpg

sig_p2294.jpg

Sorry to say I hate the KJW 226. Replaced all the insides with guarder and shot like junk. AEX want even work on them. I have owned 3 different KJW's and none of them where worth a penny. Well maybe a penny. LOL.

Also the marui 226 mags will not fit in the KJW 226. I have had them both and tried it.

Also the marui 226 with a metal kit installed puts more gas in the air than pushing the bb. Our whole team had trouble with them unless it was hot outside.

Don't flame me for my KJW dislike.....LOL

Also the marui 226 with a metal kit installed puts more gas in the air than pushing the bb. Our whole team had trouble with them unless it was hot outside.

The Marui P226? I was considering upgrading mine with a metal kit... Is it a bad idea then?

HellsAngel

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

sorry for the double post, but here:

I'll be willing to bite the bullet myself, IF someone's willing to vouch for its effectiveness. My upcoming purchase is a HFC luxair (a spiffy version of the m190), but if someone is willing to vouch for near identicalness in terms of power/accuracy/etc, then I'll by the KJ p229 instead and write up a review.

Archived