Gas Gun Reccommended Gas Thread

Marlowe

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

edit: ###### replied to wrong post.

Some plastic slides have a steel sub frame TM FN 5-7, and Desert Eagle hard kick for example, which are fine on green. A full metal gun in a cold climate = waste of gas as it will just vent.

It's why I now have a NBB MK23 for use in the winter.

• 3 months later...

M93 ns2 Kwa Dosnt seem to mind what gas is thrown at it as it just works . Maybe its just the big gas reservoir on the extended 38 round mags . Very rarely vents regardless of gas or temperature . Does slow down rate of fire when its cold though .

• 1 year later...

Ive just brought a kjw g26 and never used a gbb; the weather is quite forecast hot th8s weekend- whats a good gas? Its a cheap pistol so somethijg that wont fowl it or make it too powerful, putting stress on the parts is more important than raw power.

I got my born to kill stick for that (agm m500 with the stock removed; its perfect for spam fire)

Ive just brought a kjw g26 and never used a gbb; the weather is quite forecast hot th8s weekend- whats a good gas? Its a cheap pistol so somethijg that wont fowl it or make it too powerful, putting stress on the parts is more important than raw power.

I got my born to kill stick for that (agm m500 with the stock removed; its perfect for spam fire)

8 years airsofting and you've never used a gbb? 

So with the eventual stock-plosion of my TM breacher, what's the recommended gas for it?

144a. 

I use regular green in mine though. I had a leak where the grip joins the body, but I stripped off the grip, greased the o-rings properly rather than the light oiling they had, and it's been fine since.

8 years airsofting and you've never used a gbb? 

Seconded. Dafuq have you been doing all this time?

Nope. I used co2 air pistols a lot- electric is more efficient ajd i figured Id be cleanijg it and buying gas a lot. Plus the blowback- thats gonja effect its lifespan. If there was a genuinely good ebb pistol id prob use that. I do have tms g18c- great piece on the wall but weak.

Anyway what do i lube it with? Is there a better slide?

I think he uses a tiny touch kerboard on a mobile device. Anyway, have a look whats locally available. Nothing as frustrating as having to order greengas. Most people in the UK seem to use Ultra for TM and propane and general greengas for allround gbb. Aegs indeed need maintenance but theres a certain fun of cleaning a gbb. Aeg innards are a but more work when they need maintenance.

keyboard+ chronic insomnia= my spelling. Thatsxr thecname 24/48 on average Ill be awaoe 4 days out of 7, thwn i crash. U can guage my tiredness by my posts

How do i clean n oil my aeg i mean do ineed special oil. The new jg i got is like 450 fps full auto- and u cansmell the motor heat after a quick burst

The new jg i got is like 450 fps full auto- and u cansmell the motor heat after a quick burst

I'm not surprised you can smell the motor with that.

I'd get that sorted out sharpish. Whoever sold it to you should have downgraded it to a responsible level first IMHO, that power level is of dubious legality.

As for care and maintenance, there are plenty of basic guides about. (this being one)

http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ReviewDetail?reviewID=33

Thanks m8 v helpful link. Thing is the thing is designed for that. I was thinking support weapon til i used it....sustained fire wd fry it.

Its from bbguns365; theyre a startup and dont know too much about product but 4 some reason they put this up at the wholesale price- 90 not 160.

Noddy shops like that sometimes chrono check with a .12 to make it seem "more powerful" as they think it will sell more.

I'd get it checked properly and downgraded to a useable level.

Also if you do, it'll last longer since the piston isn't gonna smash it's way out of the front of the gearbox. :P

• 8 months later...

At My opinion, every gun may use every gas depending ambience temperature. In a hot summer the 134 too may reach a dangerous level of pressure for some kind of gun; at 18/20 degrees each gun may use green. With a cheap pressure meter (used for air pump) is fun to see how the same gas gains or loose pressure depending temperature

Archived