Setting HOP

merlin6823

Ok this is going in this section as its a noob question. And before anyone slams/flames me for posting this, I did use the search.

Guys,

Im getting an airsoft in a few weeks, was just thinking about setting the hop when I get it. Is this a case of just marking a taget out to about 25 metres, then get the bb's flying straight? As Im under the impression that hop is set first then sights zero'd...is this correct? Has anyone got any advice for easy set up of HOP (hints/tips)?

Thanks in advance...

Mart

Sure, it's not too difficult really, the hop puts backspin on the BB, so that as it slows down the lift produced by the backspin keeps the BB in the air longer. The trick is to find as large an area as possible to do it in, set the hop to zero, fire, turn the hop up a little, fire, keep doing that until the BB curves upward at the end of its travel, then turn it back until it no longer curves up, but to turn it up any more would cause it to.

You then have the perfect hop setting, from there, you can zero your sights.

The problem with doing it in too small an area, is that you can over or under hop without noticing, it's not until the end of its flight that the effect is visible.

Hope it helps.

Archived