Multicam

tr1gg3r_h4ppy

Hey guys,

I've been looking to pick up a set of Multicam BDU's but I have not been able to find any reasonable prices on them. I would preferably like to spend less than 60-70 dollars for the entire set. I don't mind if its replica and I don't really like the priest collar style either. Well, google has failed me please arnies members, help me out

Size M-L. I guess, again I don't mind if its replica.

I have a set of MC knockoff's from RedWolf... I am very happy with them and would never buy the real deal...

About 75$ with shipping for ACU cut (not sure if they have BDU cut)

Also Tan looks splendiferous with MC.

I think OD is to dark, and draws all the attention to a big green thing on your chest. The tan kinda blends in.

Or you could get an MC vest.

I know Redwolf has those too.

I think it is just Coyote tan or Khaki?...? I just say tan for ease of typing.

Could be wrong!

Also if all you can find, for the vest you really want, is OD I would say go for it... But tan is the best way to go if possible.

i ordered myself some SKD Tactical BDU's and Crye combat shirt in multicam.

i have yet to recieve them yet. but i am very much looking forward to getting them.

SKD stuff is actually quite cheap for real deal Multicam. around $70-80 mark for a shirt or the combat pants, and are available in ripstop and genuine multicam material.

www.skdtac.com

Coyote Tan with BHI is same as their old tan colour and Eagles Khaki (apparently), alot of people think they just added the word Coyote to sound more like Coyote Brown which is alot darker (and browner oddly) than tan/khaki.

I would go with either Tan/Khaki/CB/MC or a mix of what you like of those which is what Im doing, leaning away from MC though as makes it more usable with other patterns (Ive got a belt and some pouches in MC which actually didnt look too bad with woodland cammo, getting CB/Khaki in the future though)

Don't waste your money on the "replica" Multicam (or Ghost Cam as some people call it now). The material is stiff and hot, the pockets are all a bit on the small side, the colours are too faint to begin with, and fade quickly as well.

At the end of the day, it's worth spending only a little bit more on a set of SKD Tactical BDUs, TRU-SPEC BDUs or TRUs or Propper ACU-style.

Tan or Coyote Brown looks great with MC - but OD works well too (especially if you skirmish in greener areas).

Don't waste your money on the "replica" Multicam (or Ghost Cam as some people call it now).  The material is stiff and hot, the pockets are all a bit on the small side, the colours are too faint to begin with, and fade quickly as well.

At the end of the day, it's worth spending only a little bit more on a set of SKD Tactical BDUs, TRU-SPEC BDUs or TRUs or Propper ACU-style.

Tan or Coyote Brown looks great with MC - but OD works well too (especially if you skirmish in greener areas).

Just to second this opinion really. I use Multicam BDU's that I got from Seals Action Gear which are in genuine Crye material. A team turned up in the Multisham, and it was considerably lighter and more obvious than true multicam.

But hey, if it's more about 'the look' than actual concealment, get the rip offs, lol :D

lol, not even in the name of research? Some people just don't try :P.

The 'ghost cam' looks very similar when you're up close to it, but at range there is a noticable difference in tone. At about 70 meters, the ghost stuff looked almost like desert cam (we were in a woodland environment). This maybe down to fading though.

I spoke to a few other people in order to get a rough idea of a comparison - as you say, seeing as you're wearing it, it's kind of hard to judge - and they confirmed that the ghost pattern just wasn't effective in woodland. Then again, a few said that multicam wasn't either.. so there you go eh?

Don't waste your money on the "replica" Multicam (or Ghost Cam as some people call it now).  The material is stiff and hot, the pockets are all a bit on the small side, the colours are too faint to begin with, and fade quickly as well.

Have to disagree I'm afraid. I have replica BDUs and Chest Rig, and they're great. For Students and people who simply can't afford to pay large sums of money (I've gone replica, and my MC loadout will cost over £200, inc. BDUs, good boots, helmet, chest rig, MC patches), and however trivial it seems to spend 'a little bit more', at the end of the day it's one hell of a lot of money. Not to mention all the places you recommended getting BDUs from are overseas (I think?) and that means shipping and possible import tax.

Of course anyone who is really going for it or has the money will go for the real deal, but for people like me Replicas are a godsend. As for some of the problems you mentioned earlier, yes the colours are a bit faint, but personally I wouldn't want full, glaring colours on a set of BDUs (going to get filthy) anyway! And as for the fading, washing inside-out and on a cold wash has worked for others.

Of course that is all my opinion, and I thoroughly respect yours. :)

Have to disagree I'm afraid. I have replica BDUs and Chest Rig, and they're great. For Students and people who simply can't afford to pay large sums of money (I've gone replica, and my MC loadout will cost over £200, inc. BDUs, good boots, helmet, chest rig, MC patches), and however trivial it seems to spend 'a little bit more', at the end of the day it's one hell of a lot of money. Not to mention all the places you recommended getting

Of course anyone who is really going for it or has the money will go for the real deal, but for people like me Replicas are a godsend. As for some of the problems you mentioned earlier, yes the colours are a bit faint, but personally I wouldn't want full, glaring colours on a set of BDUs (going to get filthy) anyway! And as for the fading, washing inside-out and on a cold wash has worked for others.

Of course that is all my opinion, and I thoroughly respect yours.  :)

I saw your pics Buzzsaw and have to admit, it's the first time I've seen multisham look good. Although yours does seem a lot darker than any other stuff I've seen, much closer to the original. Landwarrior, right? I'm all for cheaper stuff - if it works :D

Well, exactly, I know some people love to look the dogs' and whatever, but at the end of the day I just remember that for me, airsofting is all about getting in there with some solid skirmishing!

Yeah, it's from Land Warrior. All MultiSham from LW has had glowing reports. As I said, the quality isn't 100% on some of the edges and stitching, but does that matter to me? No, but I know it does to some. I'm just here for the fun.

I have to agree with Smoke here. I use multisham as do some members of a home team at the place I play. When up close and indoors the difference is not that obvious at all, to the extent that my real Multicam cap looks almost indistinguishable from multisham.

The difference comes when you go outside from my one experience of it outdoors vs many indoors. I think it has a lot to do with natural light's ability to show up small differences in colour. At distance the pattern starts to blend making it appear even lighter. The multisham comes out much less green then Multicam and so is at a disadvantage when in green woodland. If where you play is dryer woodland or arid then multisham will most likely work as good as Multicam.

Here is a picture courtesy or Antti

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Team.Darkang...940456536963218

Look at the guy on the left wearing the Crye Combat shirt (real deal) with the brit flag on his armour. IIRC he's wearing multisham trousers and there is definately a noticeable difference in tint. The picture below also shows this difference.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Team.Darkang...940439357094018

For Students and people who simply can't afford to pay large sums of money (I've gone replica, and my MC loadout will cost over £200, inc. BDUs, good boots, helmet, chest rig, MC patches), and however trivial it seems to spend 'a little bit more', at the end of the day it's one hell of a lot of money. Not to mention all the places you recommended getting BDUs from are overseas (I think?) and that means shipping and possible import tax.

Those are very valid points - and the very reason why the Chinese were able to exploit a gap in the market and start to make "Multisham" stuff.

However, now that Crye has (thankfully) broadened it's licensing of the pattern, and global companies like Atlanco and Propper have started making and distributing ACU-style uniforms from their own cloth - but in authentic, licensing MultiCam pattern - you'll see the prices start to really come down. That's what I meant by "a little bit more".

Also, I know of at least 2 UK retailers who will be selling the Atlanco / Propper clothing.

I've also noticed that there are at least 2 different types of "Multisham" available now: one is the classic faded-looking version, and the other is one where the colours (particularly the green) have for more definition, are brighter, and don't blend into each other.

In the US at least (and soon the UK if Maple-Leaf is correct) there is no reason not to get the Atlanco Multicam over Multisham. The price on the two are very close give or take five to ten dollars and then factor in shipping cost the Atlanco stuff is a better deal. On top of that Crye gets paid for the sweet pattern they made when you buy the licensed stuff. But that's just how I feel.

Archived