Well L96/Warrior1 hop-up

rwham

I heard something about the Warrior 1 hop-up... There was a post here a while ago where someone said that he took apart the hop-up in the warrior 1 and put a small piece of the soft side of velcro against the bucking where the "H" is. And then he got a 300 foot range. Is that true? How and why would it work?

Yeah, 300ft/100m requires some pretty crazy FPS with sniper weight BBs (ie .28-.43) if you are shooting at a target on the same level as you, its most likely an overestimation of range.

For example, being fired from a supported position 1m off the ground a .28 BB fired at 420fps will only go 60m max and thats including the parts of the trajectory where its heading toward the ground - you can find this by using the range calculator from the downloads section on this site

Now if you were shooting downhill or lob shotting or happened to have a lot of wind behind you, then maybe you'll get slightly more range.

If you search the technical forum for the L96 thread you can find Stealthbomber's L96 hop mod and although it doesn't get you that much more range it makes the hop less harsh and gets you a little more power out the rifle

I heard something about the Warrior 1 hop-up... There was a post here a while ago where someone said that he took apart the hop-up in the warrior 1 and put a small piece of the soft side of velcro against the bucking where the "H" is. And then he got a 300 foot range. Is that true? How and why would it work?

That was me, and yes it was a 300 ft hit, We have a half arsed shooting range that we play at. When I hit the guy i asked him to stay where he was and i counted it. I didnt believe it either but its got some serious range. That was at roughly 6500 feet in altitude though so I havent tried it closer to sea level but its got some serious range. it was roughly 250 of my feet and I wear size 14's. The shot was taken from a standing position at a target slightly lower then I am and it hit the guy in the center of the chest. While i have yet to replicate the hit i know its possible as I've also counted out similiar distances shooting at paper targets at the same range. BB's are KSC Perfect .30's.

I dont remember the direction of the wind on that day but it very well could have been behind me. I was also fiddling around with the hop up and it could have floated a little bit and hit him.

Archived