Eye safety

rwham

I would like to post this as a warning to everyone:

I have a cheap walmart springer pistol. A couple days ago, I noticed that it would go off by itself if shaken too much. I informed my dad of this, who told me to throw it away. I didn't. About half an hour ago, I decided to see how fast I could grab it, pop in a mag, and rack the slide. I thought I was being safe by keeping the safety on. I wasn't. It went off, hit something hard on the floor, and bounced up and hit me in the eye. The vision in the eye that was hit is a bit blurry, and that seems to be the only symptom. I will probably have to go to the ER if it is not cleared up within the hour.

So, as a warning, don't play around with your guns, even ones that are shooting about 100 FPS.

my first thought was... Ummmmm... Ya...

guns out = eye protection on

although you have two eyes.. dont risk it. Hope your doing better bud.. you'll most likely be fine.. but still.. these are scary incidents for sure. Lesson learned im sure.

I would like to post this as a warning to everyone:

I have a cheap walmart springer pistol. A couple days ago, I noticed that it would go off by itself if shaken too much. I informed my dad of this, who told me to throw it away. I didn't. About half an hour ago, I decided to see how fast I could grab it, pop in a mag, and rack the slide. I thought I was being safe by keeping the safety on. I wasn't. It went off, hit something hard on the floor, and bounced up and hit me in the eye. The vision in the eye that was hit is a bit blurry, and that seems to be the only symptom. I will probably have to go to the ER if it is not cleared up within the hour.

So, as a warning, don't play around with your guns, even ones that are shooting about 100 FPS.

i got hit in the eyes twice, if theres any liquid in your iris or eye or anything, it will sometimes go away after a nights sleep. but if it doesnt, go see a doctor. if its just blury, it will probably just go away. but again, if the blur stays go to a doctor

Now you can put down some really heavy words if someone questions these safety precautions:

1) Don't rely on the safety

2) Always wear eye protection.

Just don't make yourself a warning example of any other safety issues, 'kay?

-Sale

Archived