My New Strategy

M14

I play airsoft every weekend at a local field and I use all authentic Vietnam gear but it can weigh a lot (my Inokatsu M60A1 alone weighs over 25 pounds). Usually my googles will start to fog from all my sweat and stuff after a while and I get mad because Im not even tired yet. Anyway, I just developed a new strategy to keep my goggles clear and (mainly so I) get people out. I either take my Colt 45 or my M3A1 Grease Gun, drop all my gear (and just wear a t-shirt) and put one or two spare mags in the pockets of my pants. I go all the way around the field (its a 20 acres) so the enemys back is torard me, the I go find them and sneak to get close to them. Then when I feel they are not paying attention to their rear, I run up to them as fast as I can, get about 10 feet away and start shooting with my pistol or SMG. Usually I get a few guys out before they realize Im behind them and shoot me up but I have fun. Sometimes I can get away after I shoot a guy but usually I get shot up. I dont mind the pain of the shots from close range (that break my skin) because I have fun doing this tactic. I higly reccomend it. It may seem stupid but believe me, it works great when you just feel like shooting people. It only works though if you can run fast.

Surprising the enemy from the rear? Yeah sounds like a good plan to me... Why not get anti-fog goggles though?

I do have anti-fog goggles but the anti-fog lens wear out after a while and then they become normal goggles again. For some reason the anti-fog layer on the lens wears out really fast for me.

I do have anti-fog goggles but the anti-fog lens wear out after a while and then they become normal goggles again. For some reason the anti-fog layer on the lens wears out really fast for me.

Mix 30% detergent and 70% hot water, stir carefully so there are no bubbles, then put in a spray bottle and spray a thin and even layer on the inside of the lens.

use regular hand soap:

spread it on the inside of your goggles with your finger, let it sit for a minute or so, then wipe it off with DRY lint-free towel.

Works every time for me, you just need to re-apply every weekend or so.

or get a pair of polycarbonate guarder C3/C4/... googles?

I used to have this problem alot due to wearing normal glasses under my googles, bought myself some C3s and had me some polycarbonate inserts to my eyesight made, and never looked back :)

obviously, the inserts wont be needed by you, but your fogging days will be over all the same :)

Archived