M16A2 refuses to feed

Yeager

Hi,

First off, I searched.. nothing came up for G&G MBK, G&G Metal body, M16 not feeding ect. So please, save your "OMFG TEH SEARCH N00B!1111" for some other poor shmuck.

Now, heres the problem..

After installing my metal kit from G&G with the included G&G metal one piece hopup my gun will not feed. period..

not even when its friggin upside down..

I've been fighting this thing all day long, and I swear, if I ever get this running I will never buy a G&G MBK again. Total PAIN in the *albatross* in install correctly..

I'm going to tear into the gearbox tonight and see if anythings wrong inside there, but in the meantime if anyone can help me with the hopup. It would be very appreciated.

thanks.

First, why don't you just put your old hop unit back in. Process of elimination.

Is it butted up properly against the gearbox?

Did you open the gearbox prior to installing?

Checked for debris, swarf etc in the hop unit?

Lastly, try firing the gun while applying an upward pressure to the magazine, jiggle it about and what not. This will highlight whether the hop unit's bb feed tube/chute is reaching far enough down to activate the bb latch on the magazine.

First, why don't you just put your old hop unit back in. Process of elimination.

Is it butted up properly against the gearbox?

Did you open the gearbox prior to installing?

Checked for debris, swarf etc in the hop unit?

Lastly, try firing the gun while applying an upward pressure to the magazine, jiggle it about and what not. This will highlight whether the hop unit's bb feed tube/chute is reaching far enough down to activate the bb latch on the magazine.

the JG is a two piece, the G&G body can't use a two piece.

yes,

Yes, and installed a systema cylinder & cylinder head without any problems

yes..

and I did that too..

still nothing

I echo Tommygunn, first check the mag feeds, by releasing the little catch on top of the mag. Then try manually feeding bb's into the hop unit when the gun is inverted and pulling the trigger.

If it still won't fire, try stripping the hop unit and barrel.

Lastly, is the nozzle moving forward and backward when you pull the trigger?

I echo Tommygunn, first check the mag feeds, by releasing the little catch on top of the mag. Then try manually feeding bb's into the hop unit when the gun is inverted and pulling the trigger.

If it still won't fire, try stripping the hop unit and barrel.

Lastly, is the nozzle moving forward and backward when you pull the trigger?

I've tried 4 magazines,

1 star 30 rounder

1 TM VN hicap

2 TM std magazines

all feed correctly in my other guns.

tried feeding bbs into the nozzle, but they don't go anywhere.

Air nozzle is moving back and forth just fine..

Archived