PFI 'Smokecap' Silencer

Tinkerton

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received mine, and while I can say that the effect looks great indoors, on sunny days it is often very hard to see. The powdery stuff also builds up on the muzzle which looks strange after a while. Kinda like your gun is doing lines haha! I can't find any refills, either.

I tried it on a couple of pistols and it's just too big. I hope they make a smaller one so the slide cycles better and the whole thing doesn't stand out as glaringly.

• 2 weeks later...

I want a silencer that makes the air "ruffle" because of the heat after firing off just one magazine.

Regarding the muzzle flash thing, I shot a S&W .500 revolver with a short barrel the other day, and I wouldn't call it a muzzle flash when the firearm simply turns into a fireball in your field of vision. I think Sekiryu is correct in principle that firearms don't have much of a muzzle flash, as movies would have you believe. Maybe the wording wasn't accurate, that's all. BTW. if you don't see the muzzle flash, it also could mean you're jerking the trigger. ;)

Here's a picture of what it looks like when a rifle is fired with a suppressor attached: http://guns.connect.fi/rs/tr8ampu.jpg

-Sale

• 2 weeks later...

We just got a bunch of them at our shop, but we've been messing around with it and glad to say it works good and sells good. What I was surprised was after you shoot the gun with the Smoke Cap on, you will see some of the powder actually have a smoke effect in which the smoke/powder is carreid by the wind and creates the silky smoke. Also when shooting it towards the ground (just for fun), its interesting to see the powder disperse in a ring (this is obiouvse that it happens in physics). So its not just the powder that just shoots out after each shot, but sometimes the powder will get lifted in the air for that smoke effect.

Pleased to say it comes in a nice package and we are selling the silencer for $35 at our shop or $32 online at PE USA. And no, lol I didn't buy one for myself yet, but I will in a week.

• 4 months later...

Archived