MP7 coming to Britain

Xaccers

L85 & M16 stoppages - a little bit of sand in the mechanism, you looked at it wrong, it's cloudy, etc... a temperamental *badgeress* on a good day...

H&K & AK stoppages - you filled the weapon with concrete or ran it over with a tank... A beautiful rifle on the worst day :D

unimatrix hit the nail directly on the head, if you want something done right, you call H&K, not Colt or Enfield (there's a reason why the US military still does bayonet training ;) )

H&K actually lives up to their company motto, "In a World of Compromise, Some Don't", When was the last time you saw an H&K that was a piece of junk?? :P

As for the tractor to a Porsche and L85 to the best rifle in the world competition, I'm putting my money on unimatrix, he already has a head start, tractors come with engines ;)

And please no flaming me for being anti-American, because I'm merely stating the truth, unless that's all it takes these days :rolleyes:

H&K & AK stoppages - you filled the weapon with concrete or ran it over with a tank...

I was under the impression that the MP5 series were 'high performance' weapons, that required lots of care and attention, else they screwed up. That's not to say they're unreliable, just very very finely tuned. You wouldn't take an MP5 on a desert mission, for example. Are any other H&K guns like this? It's wrong to assume that all a companies products are of the same tolerances.

Technically the L85A2 is an H & K weapon seeing as they created it. So maybe you are right, although personally i still think the fact that it has actually seen combat and been used in more than exercise or range conditions would make it an excellent weapon

H&K actually lives up to their company motto, "In a World of Compromise, Some Don't", When was the last time you saw an H&K that was a piece of junk??  :P

Hmmm... H&K do a great job, but they're not perfect. As for me I don't like the H&K pistol lineup. Their quality is good, but they are bulky, controls are strange (particularly the safty), price tag is high and they're not really state of the art.

For example: H&K lost a german government contract to supply about 40.000 duty pistols to the police of the federal state Nordrhein-Westfahlen to Walther. Competition was H&K P2000 vs Walther P99. If you ask me it was the right decision, the P99 is one of the best (police) pistols available today and far ahead to H&K.

I was under the impression that the MP5 series were 'high performance' weapons, that required lots of care and attention, else they screwed up. That's not to say they're unreliable, just very very finely tuned. You wouldn't take an MP5 on a desert mission, for example. Are any other H&K guns like this? It's wrong to assume that all a companies products are of the same tolerances.

Basically a MP5 is nothing other then a SMG-Version of the G3, which is a very solid piece of a rifle. You can slam it arround, use it as door-opener or as a bat and it will still fire precisely at 800m. Both guns are roller locked, firing from a closed bolt position (not standard for a SMG) so they are extremely reliable, accurate and failtureproof. The only thing is that it needs experience to maintain the system, due to very low tolerances of the operating system. Also it's a very expensive weapon (spare parts too), so a lot of LE agencies swap to the UMP or the FN P90 nowadays.

I agree to you, that you wouldn't take the MP5 to a desert area, but not because the system is ineligible in these conditions (like the AR15), it's more because a SMG isn't really well suited for a wide open area like a desert. Remember effective range of the 9x19mm is 50 Meters.

it was designed by people from mauser who moved to spain iirc ;)

edit- confirmed by world.guns.ru

All those weapons are built using the delayed blowback system of operation, designed by Vorgrimler and his men at the Mauser in 1945 and refined by CETME. 

I hate the fact that the army keeps using smaller and smaller bullets for guns.

I mean the mp7 shoots 4.6 cal ammo! That is as big as tha ammo i use for my air rifle. It would take quite few of those bullets to kill some one i tell you.

The point is in a military sense that the smaller bullet will have a higher penetration as shown with the 5.56. Also if i use 5.56 as an example if it doesnt kill you the way it tumbles means that it will maim you, thus removing you from the battlefield as an effective enemy unit. As well as this it also removes up to 10 enemies (the amount of people required to support a wounded man) from the battlefield in a casevac process.

Ive got to admit though police dont need that kind of weapon

I happen to like H&K pistols... I feel they have a nice balance.. even if they are a tad bit expensive...

just remember, it could always be worse, they could be using Berettas instead of Walthers.. ;)

"One shot from a small caliber weapon in the hands of an expert is ten times more effective than a magazine full of elephant killing rounds in the hands of an untrained idiot" :)

Just to illustrate the American fascination with large calibers and overkill.. I personally know people who will use something along the lines of an 8mm Mauser to take out a squirrel on the lawn ;) (I will always have a soft spot for the Mauser, AK, and G3 though, because large calibers are fun :D )

Real-Steel Firearms discussion

Airsoft has natural links to the world of real firearms (commonly known as "Real-Steel"), and discussion of firearms is allowed to a point. The looks, weight, history, and operation of these firearms are normally valid topics of conversation, but ballistic effects are not. Basically, we want to avoid conversation that roams in to the arena of real ammunition and the performance of firearms in general. This is an Airsoft forum, not a real-steel forum. Let's keep it that way.

This thread has gone off topic from the original post, discussion of the effectiveness or real steel rounds will not be tollerated here.

Archived