Well, I've had it for a while and I figure I should get a review up here of the WELL P90. I was ordering a load of LPEGs for my travesty (yeag, vic, evilbob, you know what I mean) and a few P90s were in there. To my surprise they sent me the WELL R9s instead of the old, worse version of the P90. I was pleasantly surprised, since I had been itching to see how these were.

The gun comes in a box with a picture of the P90 on it, plain and simple. Opening it up and lifting the gun out I realize that it is pretty much the same as the original. About 4 pounds, good quality plastic, a little nicer seeming though. The battery is like a normal mini this time though, 8.4v. It seems to be of decent quality and charges well with the included tricle wall charger. The hicap is around 300 rounds and feeds all right, not quite as well as the TM does (it is compatible btw). To my surprise, the magwell is nearly identical to the original. I was expecting it to have changed a bit. The feed mechanism is just a little more sophisticated to match the hicap instead of gravity hopper.

It still has a fixed hopup, though improved over the original. The gearbox is a plastic one and is advertised at around 250 with a .2, which seems about right. The rate of fire is very quick, close to the same as the real steel. I estimate 850-900 RPM, definitely good enough for a CQB gun. The fixed hop is pretty decent and can land bbs in a man-sized target around 70 feet fairly reliably, 100 feet or so total. Compared to the originaly, this is pretty good. I could see this being an excellent backup, or even a CQB primary.

Overall, the price difference over the original WELL P90 is basically a hicap, better gearbox and battery, and a more sophisticated hopup unit since I'm pretty sure it's the same body as the original. I'd say it's worth the money, though there is a bit that could be improved. Is it reccomend-able though? Yes, definitely. The 15,000 or so rounds through mine have left it in great condition so far, and I expect similar results for the future. If you want a decent budget P90, look no further.

I had a look at one the other day - slightly better than a LPEG - but still not anywhere near as good as a proper P90.

TBH, it was getting out-ranged by my CYMA glock AEP, which was a tad embarrassing. The Fixed hop-up, in my opinion, kills it.

Mine came from airsplat, actually. I ordered the original version but I was sent an R9. Oh well, I'm not complaining. I sent them an E-mail afterwards and they probably won't be making that same fortunate (for us) mistake anymore. I've had it for about 4 months now, and the most skirmishing it's seen is backyard battles (I lend it to my neighbors). Seems to hold up pretty well.