AUG 9mm SMG

renegadecow

I've done this mod a few months back and have had only now to take pics of it, that and to show everyone that I'm not lying :P

The 9mm convertion is very helpful in CQB purposes for most assault rifles normally using larger ammunition. But as this is airsoft-land, the idea is almost completely cosmetic. The only real advantage it has is being quiet and having more ammo than low-cap AUG mags. I used a CA stanag mag converter for this. The kit comes with a magwell converter and one Uzi magazine. Both are plastic which means modifying them would be quick. In fact, the mod only took about an hour of dremelling and gluing bits of plastic for the mag latch to hang on to. As you can very well see from the pics below, I didn't exactly copy the existing real steel AUG para kit. I didn't bother doing it myself, being that I'm not all too attracted to it, but all it takes is a few pieces of plastic sheet here and there to copy the look.

114_0031.jpg

114_0032.jpg

114_0034.jpg

I had to chop off a corner off the back-top end of the converter to fit. Also, dremelling out the front edges is necessary as the AUG mag well is very slim and tapered to the front. I glued on a few pieces of PVC sheet on the back to make it a snug fit and shaped a part of it to resemble where the AUG mag latch hooks up to. Pic of unmodified converter.

114_0036.jpg

114_0037.jpg

114_0041.jpg

Another way of doing it - if you have an unwanted AUG hicap/lowcap - is to remove the guts of the mag, chop the top off and fit the converter into there.

Still, nice mod - I really like those CA uzistyle mags, but the converter does keep a few bbs in there, which is unavoidable, but still annoying.

Another way of doing it - if you have an unwanted AUG hicap/lowcap - is to remove the guts of the mag, chop the top off and fit the converter into there.

Still, nice mod - I really like those CA uzistyle mags, but the converter does keep a few bbs in there, which is unavoidable, but still annoying.

yeah someone was selling one of them for a G3 on i think the USA sales forum.

but nice work anyway

Archived