-KSC USP Compact Based

-Shooters Design KSC USP Compact Metal Slide & Outer Barrel Set Installed

-High Flow Valve And Strengthen Recoil Spring Installed

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

First Impressions

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01204.jpg

I ordered the UN Custom USP Compact for $265 from UNcompany(obviously) a few weeks ago. It just took me a while to decide if i wanted to write a review or not.

UNcompany received the money on May 29th, and i got the gun in my hands on June 6th. I know that is quite a while for a reputable retailer such as Unco, but they emailed me saying that custom guns take 3-5 days to complete the upgrades. Kudos to Unco for emailing me and letting me know why there was a hold up. I highly recommend for anyone to shop at UNco. it is my favorite retailer.

DSC01210.jpg

anyways, the USP Compact came in a blue box. It is the exact same box design as the USP .45. The inside of the box is filled with black styrofoam. The gun sits very nicely inside the box, you wont have to worry about your gun moving around inside. Inside the box are the usual quality packing and standard accessories KSC supplies the shooter.

Quality

Just from holding the gun you get a good impression. It is not heavy, but not light. the metal slide adds a very nice heft to it. The frame has a nice clean texture to it, a fine black color to it. It is not like KSC's Glock 19 or MK23 series with the heavy weight frames, but the ABS on the USPc is just fine.

The trademarks on the Frame are easily visible and very nice. On the Left side of the frame, on the lower side it reads "HK USP"

On the right side, the lower side reads "Pat. Pend." A little above that it says "Heckler and Koch GmBh".

On the Japanese version, under the "Heckler and Koch GmBh", there is a unique serial number. On the Taiwan version, it is just blank.

The trademarks on the Shooters design slide are very nice, very high quality and are engraved deep in the slide. the SD slide is 100% CNC machined and is made of Aluminum.

The barrel as well is great. However the barrel color does not match the slide. This isnt a problem but this was how it was on my Glock 19 with shooters design barrel set. the barrel was a very shiny black while the slide had a good flat color to it. No worries though, the barrel is light weight and seems like its made of Aluminum as well. The engravings on the barrel are engraved nice and deep.

If you are buying just the USP Compact, and not the UNco custom one. I highly recommend the Shooters Design Metal slide and Barrel set. A high quality metal slide for you metal lovers out there, and makes your gun look 1000 times sexier :P

DSC01179.jpg

Shooting Impressions

Seeing as how much i loved the externals of the gun, i couldnt wait until i was able to test it out. So i filled her up with some Green Gas and shot away. As i mentioned above, a UNcompany custom high flow valve and recoil spring are installed. when i pulled the trigger, the recoil was very very quick and snappy. Just the way i like it :)

it wasnt sluggish at all and had a nice kick to it. This gun is loud as well, the high flow valve adds some more noise to it and the metal slide gives it a nice sound. I was impressed from the first shot.

I am not sure what the full capacity of the magazine is, but i only fill it to 17 rounds. Most people know that the KSC USP Compact has VERY good gas efficiency. I was able to get 2 mags of 17 rounds from a 3 second charge.

Even though the barrel is quite short, the range on this gun wasnt that bad. I wasnt disappointed but i wasnt impressed too much. When i was test shooting i just shot out into the sky somewhere. I have yet to actually test the range and accuracy. I had finals this whole week so i had no time to actually test. But i printed out some targets earlier today, i will do some accuracy testing tomorrow. but overall, the accuracy was quite good. i adjusted the hop up to my desire, and i was able to hit a light pole about 40 feet away.

Conclusion

I highly recommend the UN Custom gun or just the gun to anyone. This is a very good gun in every way. The UN Custom USPc is at a very good price at which you cant beat. If you wanted to buy all the parts separately you would be spending more money than just buying it from UNco. Also, i noticed UNco made some modifications on the inside. I will get back to that later. Good range, power, accuracy, very efficient, and compact!

Other

I noticed that when i opened the gun up, UNco had made some minor modifications to the frame, barrel, and slide. I will take pictures later, it is out of battery right now. Just to sum it up, on the top of the inside of the slide(i know its confusing, i will take a picture later) they dremeled out quite a lot. They had sanded off some parts of the barrel, and on the frame. I will take pictures of the inside when i have time and my camera is functioning, stay tuned.

I also bought an extra magazine and a Nine Ball High flow valve with this gun. I will write a review on this later. I should be studying for my finals :P I will also do a comparison of the Nine Ball valve and the stock KSC Valve. However I did take some pictures of it :

DSC01098.jpg

Thanks for reading! If i didnt cover anything, just ask me and i will answer your questions!

It is one of the most comfortable pistols I've held. Wish I could ask some questions, or point out some flaws, but I've had one of these for a while and it's superb.

:zorro:

Flaw 1- Slide notch (on standard) wears out too fast.

Flaw 2- the stupid KSC gasket/seal rather than an oring in the magazine. This means that you NEED to get a KSC part, rather than get a different sized oring to fit.

Flaw 3- Uhhh.. Too small for my hand... :P

Yeh i have the same one kicks around 260FPS with out the valve. My gun has white trades and a silver barrel, ala jack bauer. Also there appears to be no work done on the inside ? I did buy mine about a year ago though ?

This is the gun of Jack Bauer of course its sexy !

DSC00199.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

*Edit

Sorry about showing off the real crye ;)

Edited by Crimson

alright my camera is completely dead, and i have no batteries in my house right now. However ill probably go up to my friends house and get some. But for now im just going to test the accuracy of it. So just stay tuned and ill post some pics of the targets and the mods that Unco did.

• 2 weeks later...