KJ M700 vs KJ M700 takedown

Grumman

Hello. Well recent skirmishes with my M16 have brought me to the conclusion that I rather enjoy picking people off at a distance, even more so when I have the element of surprise and/or are hidden. I like the idea of lying down for ages (my kind of war :P ). Also, I have a bit of experience with firing real steel bolt action rifles and so shouldn't be diving in at the deep end when it comes to operating the gun...anyhow I digress!

After reading up on various guns I decided gas was best, what with the mag being in the correct place and the easier bolt action.

KJ M700 seems the way to go! Looks adequate to fulfill my long range lust. My question being over the takedown version and the regular, which would you hardened veterans choose? Are there any noticable peformance differences? Should there be? Cosmetically apart from the obvious it appears the takedown version has no iron sights, can anyone confirm this? (Irons are good, and can always be removed)

I've read the stickied guide also but was just hoping for some first hand experience, and if there are leaks, what can be done about them.

Thanks.

I have seen both and suggest the normal version would be the best option. Espescially if you get the version 2.

The takedown HOP is not able to give enough lift (according to a fellow hunter who has modified it).

If the version 2 KJW M700P is more consistant than the original version that I had, it should be more practical.

Also having the HOP dial ontop of the rifle is great and on the KJW it is superb quality click stop. While the takedown has to be stripped to adjust it with an allen key and is just not as good.

If I am honest I suggest you buy a VSR clone to save money and have a more stable platform to learn from. If your gun fires nice and consistant in all seasons, out of the box, then you can concentrate on your game play/skills and less on the rifle.

Good Luck ;)

The KJ m700 has a review on WGC, but I'd be careful when reading reviews from retailers.

http://www.wgcshop.com/WGC_Shop/review/kj_...00td_review.htm

I considered buying one from evike "pre-upgraded" but I decided to stick to my gspec. And I agree with The Bushman, you should focus more on fieldcraft than your rifle. It's what sets us snipers apart from the AEG'ers and usually our only advantage.

But if you're really intent on the m700, go with the non-takedown version. The more complicated your rifle, the more maintenance you'll need for it. As well as Bushman's comment about the hop adjustment. Clicky hops rock.

i have just bought KJW M700 non-takedown version and its really good

its very easy to set up the hop-up, but at first it didnt worked i had to do about 50-100 shots until it started to work, ive heard that other people had to bed in their hop also.

in the third day my mag started to leak, it isnt very big, if you listen carefully its possible to hear it. the leak doesnt have any effect on power, it shoots as powerfully as it shot before.

its a really good rifle, accuracy is very good even at 80m! its possible to hit a head size target with EVERY shot at 50-60m!

never take the takedown version because the barrel wobbles a little and your gun isnt very accurate then :P

• 7 months later...

Archived